Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Robby and kindergarten.................. last week he glued someones hair, and then knocked over someone elses project............ YESTERDAY he swatted a teachers bottom at recess........

All day is so hard for him, especially because they are trying to break them of naps and yesterday was a NO NAP DAY........ His new bed time is now 7:00 p.m. He has homework almost every night, and we are on the 2nd library book.

I have told him, his teacher and the before and after school people that he is to only have regular milk (not chocholate) I mean come on they feed them donuts for snack and then expect them to sit still..... He is not an angel, he is all boy, but how frustrating. He promised today he would not get ANY check marks so we shall see...

Good Morning Girls,

Every day gets a little better. I'll be very grateful when the memories of my *real* mom crowd out the bad memories of those last 24 hours. We went to the funeral home yesterday, signed papers, made arrangements for the cremation and memorial service, etc. The service won't be until Sept. 13th which is a relief. I've got lots of time to just take it easy and grieve in my own way without having to rush around getting things ready. I have no idea how people plan a funeral in 3-4 days....I guess with lots of help. I'm so glad we're doing it this way. Anyway, we go today to the cemetery. Mom wanted her ashes encrypted so we have to pick out a spot. The cemetery is in a beautiful part of the city with lots of trees and very near my office. I'm so glad about that. Believe it or not (and you will) I've found so much peace in my beading. I started on a rosary yesterday that will be draped around her urn and a necklace for me to wear to the memorial service. They're both shaping up very nicely and it's great to just get lost in it. The crystal for the rosary is Czech....famous for their glass and crystal....and my mother was Czech. Nice, eh?

Kat - Thanks so much for all your kind words. You're such a sweetie. I'm glad to hear your band seems to be better, but couldn't you at leas *call* your doctor?? Jeez, you must weigh 150 by now.

Michelle, every time I come in here to check posts real quick my attention seems to be drawn to your cat poop update. Odd. I may just have to purposely skip your posts for awhile. Let me know when it's safe again!

Jenn - You go girl. Did you erase Kev's number from your cell phone yet? tee hee. Well, a girl can hope.

Pamela - It's so nice to hear that you are enjoying your school year so much. 6th grade does sound like a nice place to be. Hannah has started high school this year and so far she says she *hates* it. <sigh> I dunno what's going on with her. Much more of this and I'll be hauling her butt to a psychiatrist for a work-up too....just to be safe. I don't want to lose 2 years like we did with Evan.

TracyK - Did you end up going to Fredricksburg or not? HOw was it?

I need more coffee....and a shower....I'll check back later on.

Love you girls. Have a good day.

No Terry, we did not go to Fredricksburg. My mom did but we decided to stay and see what happens. I am glad you found some solace (sp?) in your beading. I am not surprised at that.

Have a good day all...

It's COLD here today. Only supposed to get to 62 degrees. Wow. And believe it or not, we are leaving soon to go to the Pool store.

We have to go to the Pool store to see about them replaceing our pump. Good thing it's under warranty. We also have to buy a cover, it didn't ome with one. Seems they would sell you that when they sell you the Pool.

Judy, I think my pool days are over with. It's only going to be in the 70's for the rest of the week and that's too cool for me. I hope you will get to use yours long than me. I'm sure you will enjoy having the heater on it.

Terry, I fully understand everything you are going thru. I do agree that you are findng it relaxing and comforting doing your beading. I put my efforts into a lovely poem about my Mom. They read it at the viewing and again the next day at her funeral. Everyone loved it because I touched on memories that she had of all different relatives. I wrote about her feelings for all four of her kids. It was very touching and everyone enjoyed hearing it. I love the idea of the necklace and the rosary. You hang in there and remember we are here for you.

Jenn, Thanks for motivating me. I thought of you thru my whole workout this morning. Thanks again.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs.

good morning, ate some Cereal for Breakfast and didn't have my coffee first, so now like a good bandster I am waiting for my coffee.

I can't remember anything about kindegarten, but I would think it would be an adjustment for them the first few weeks, I mean all their lives, they haven't lived by a schedule like school, it has got to be odd. Hang in there both Tracys!!!! Plus Macy and Robbie!

Got my hair cut different last night and I think I like it alot. It is totally layered, and shorter, kind of stacked in the back. It is cute, I would post a pic, but........Alabama here we come!!!

Good Morning--

Terry, so good to see you. I love the personal touch of you doing the beading. My cousin and I wrote the eulogies for both my maternal grandparents, she actually had the composure to read it for my Grandma---I could not have, but she grew up in another state, not down the road. It was like Suzanne said, through the telling of her life and the special qualities that made her our Grandma, we laughed, and we cried, and we made those who did not know her as well, see a little more why we were going to miss her so.

How are things going with your sister? Is she being ok through it?

You sound just like my DH! I have not lost any more weight---I am eating, and now I think the virus or whatever has passed, because I woke up wanting to eat!!! The last bit I really have been totally uninterested in food----now I want some! LOL But I also woke up this morning with pretty much no swelling. I stood in front of the mirror and looked at it---I cannot wait for it to be that way all the time!

We have a game tonight----I hope it is better than the last ones. I am not even talking about winning, although winning is always good, I just hate being embarrassed!

Rick's secretary---Chana, and her husband who also works for the same company in a different area, were one of the couples we went to the rally with. They have 5 kids ranging from a son who is like 25---then 4 DD's 21,18, 14, & 12. While we were gone the 21 year old DD was with the others, and she is an awesome girl. She said the 14 year old did not want to go to cheerleading practice, that her head hurt and she was tired. She was put in the hospital yesterday with suspected West Nile Virus!

They have horses too-----and are near a river with lots of mosquitos. It scares the you know what out of me! I refuse to take Kinsey riding again til after the freeze and mosquitos are gone.

Rick has a cousin in TX (the one who had the kidney/pancreas transplant) her son was 11 when he got it. A perfectly normal, VERY smart 11 year old. When he was released from the hospital 4 months later, he was not much more than a vegetable. Through the last several years they have got him mobile again, but his function level is very, very young. He had the encephalitic form. I am praying Kristi does not.

Ate my yogurt and granola just now like nothing!

Michelle---I have had problems with feeling almost too tight off and on ever since my TT. The Dr. who posts here on LBT said that was pretty common with things being pulled down tight upon the stomach and band---and is one of the main reasons for an unfill, that it actually has little to do with nausea following surgery. I don't know if that is it or what.....I DO knos I can now feel my port without probing, and it is low profile, and I am almost sure I feel my band rub sometimes when I am lying on my side, as I breath in and out, I have to shift just a bit, and the sensation goes away!

I promise you all just as I have Rick, I will not hide what is happening, and if it gets to a point I need to see the Dr. I will. I actually see him the 21st of October for a general follow up appointment. IF he had been in over the holiday weekend, I was afraid enough I would have called. But now that I am feeling fine again, it makes me glad I didn't get things started that may have cost me my band.....know what I mean?

Someone else on another thread mentioned my gall bladder as well.....anyone have experience with them being bad??

My DD always went to public school------but Lenny and Abbey did go to a Baptist Academy when they lived with their Mom, when we had them, they too were in public school. I know the AP classes Manda took were more advanced than they were getting, but I have no idea what the standard classes were like in those subjects. Manda always was an overacheiver. She would work on a project for days, and if it was not going like she wanted, she would scrap it all and do it over the night before! She took Zoology as an elective, as well as Trig! When she petitioned the school board for early graduation (she graduated her Junior year) they told her she would have to work extra hard to get enough credits.....and she told them she already had all of them except the yearly required English class----so she took 2 English classes, and spent the 2nd half of the day at the college. I think somewhere along the way she is losing the drive!!!

Well Kinsey and I have some errands to run. We are having my MIL's 80th birthday on the 13th. I have several things to get ready for it---so I better get busy doing it! And Rick has a list for me to pick up at Lowes--------should be a fun flurry of calls back and forth trying to do that!!! LOL

Check on you girls later.....

Kat

I'm actually hungry this morning, with nothing for b'fast!! Drinking my Water :)

I think these prenatal Vitamins, packed with their Fiber, are making me regular again.. I don't like it lol.

Since banding, I go like once maybe twice a week, now every single day at work it hits me and I can't go in public, so it just makes me uncomfortable and crampy all day. Waah.

We went to a sushi bar last night, I ordered cooked sushi stuff.. but my uncle ordered a TON of raw stuff.. he covered our whole table. The waitress was extremely pushy, we would ask what stuff was, she'd tell us, we'd ask if it was raw.. one thing she said it was raw crab and shrimp, and I was like ok.. so she goes "Eat it, is good!" I said no thanks, she asks "Why not?" I said I don't like raw stuff, and she goes "You try it, is good!".. and I'm like wow.. NO?!

Then we went furniture shopping, my mom is going to get a new coffee table set (if she ever finds one she likes-they've said this for years now) and I get her old ones.. which are these gorgeous huge, heavy, granite coffee tables & end tables. Last night through the window of a closed store, she finally found some that made her go "OOOOO".. they're elaborate metal bases with granite tops. Very fancy looking. I'm excited, that means I finally get the cool hand-me-downs!

Laura is there a reason why you can't take the pre vits say at lunch or dinner and that way you would be able to poop at home? Can you send some to Michelles cat?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

So funny... yet SO true!! He STILL hasn't pooped! (Sorry Terry... but maybe it's helping to keep your mind off other things??? You KNOW you can't wait to find out what's going on with MO!!!)

All this talk about Mo... You know you want to meet him!

Mo getting weighed in @ the vets on Sun (he's 17.4lbs!):

moatvet1e.jpg

He's so scared that he puts himself back into his carrier!:

moatvet2e.jpg

When I left to go look @ his X-ray... he pawed out the contents of my purse & tried to climb in!:

moatvet4e.jpg

Finally, Mo after treatment:

moatvet3e.jpg

(Just joshin' w/that last one!! :))

LOL MICHELLE!! That is too funny.

Mo is super cute!! He looks like a short hair version of my Apollo.

Back from one rehearsal, had lunch and now waiting to go to the next rehearsal. Here are a couple of publicity pics from the two groups I'm in. The black and white group is New Day Singers. The other is my flute quartet, Windsong.

post-215048-1381313752157_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813137521817_thumb.jpg