Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Call your doctor! You could damage your esophagus and/or cause your band to slip from throwing up.

You have too much restriction.

Katy, I am sorry for all you are going through. MIRSA can kill people. Your mom needs to know how serious this is.

I hope you feel better soon. Tell your mom if you don't get some rest, you'll be back in the hospital.

Productive Burp - a burp w/food. Exercise - just do it - get on the bike - do your 2 minutes - then the next hour get back on and do 2 more so on and so forth and then next week increase it to 3 minutes - slowly increase time and intensity... It gets easier as the weight comes off

Kathy

Hugs - OMW you have had/have some struggles - My GD & DS have had MIRSA.. It's a bad bad thing... Having all the responsiblities that you have is tough... Hugs.. Take care of you the best that you can - and just explain to Mum & Dad you need help - do you have any other family to help you out..

Hi IndigoGirl,

Thanks for your good wishes. My brother was killed in a car accident, so I'm the only one. Other relatives are on the other side of Australia. I have three daughters, two work full time and study and one is ill with OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. After the spat yesterday I said ........ "I was sorry I can't do what you (Mum) wants me to do but if I don't look after myself properly this time round I'll never heal properly and I don't want anymore surgery."

Things have been ok today, so far so good.

Best wishes.

Call your doctor! You could damage your esophagus and/or cause your band to slip from throwing up.

You have too much restriction.

Katy, I am sorry for all you are going through. MIRSA can kill people. Your mom needs to know how serious this is.

I hope you feel better soon. Tell your mom if you don't get some rest, you'll be back in the hospital.

Hi Denise,

I think you're right. Mum never comes to see me in the hospital because she can't stand being around sick people. I think that maybe she should've this time, just to see the state I was in. I don't think she realises how rough it was and still is. If I'm up to it I have to have anaemia, diabeties and 2 separate tests to see if I still have that goddam bug early next week. Can't stay up for too long, get very giddy and headaches. Trying very hard to stay positive.

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate them.

Best wishes.

Hello Everyone, I'm finally back on deck.

Had a very rough time in hospital with the (5th) abdominal hernia. Caught a Multi Antibiotic Resistant Organism in the wound, had to go into isolation, very, very, ill. Veins collapsed so they couldn't put anymore cannulas in... thank goodness, they ruddy well hurt. I was in for 2 weeks and am now home but have a nurse come every day as I still have a drain in my abdomen. Still not really well and get giddy if I stand for too long.

The band was emptied on the operating table and has not been refilled as yet. I see the surgeon again next Wednesday, maybe to get the drain out. Have only put on 1 1/2 kilos = 3lbs so I'm not growling at myself. Still have the wretched reflux and gas though.

Life is a bit hard at home as my mother can't stnd being around sick people and hates cooking. We've already had a few spats, which doesn't make me feel very good but I'm too ill to get up and do what I'd normally be doing = looking after Mum and Dad and taking them to their physio appts etc. Mum doesn't believe in resting although I've been told to do absolutely nothing until the new year to give my insides a proper chance to heal this time and after that I'll have to follow a strict lot of does and don'ts after that. That is going to be hard as since Mum and Dad have moved in with me, I'm the chief cook and bottle washer so to speak.

I've had to close down my beloved business for good this time as I must listen to my body after these last problems. I really don't want anymore surgeries - too old for the pain now I've found.

Sorry for the whinging, must get back to bed.

Best wishes. :)

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going thru. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hi every one ,I am glad to be back,been hectic with ex leaving me same week as surgury but that didn't stop me!my journey started slow with my lapband surgury in May of 2008. Now I have had a few fills I finally feel like its working for me. I've lost a total of 72 lbs so far! Yay,my stomach has shrunk and i do not get hungry any more.I eat mostly healthy but I do believe a small cheat satisfyes a craving and that works for me.I have set limitations on what I can cheat on and how often,such as anything lemon:tt2: Here are a couple pics from my befores and now,I won't say after because i am not finished yet.I square dance and walk 4 to 5 times a week ,fast.I love listening to my Mp3 player while I do. Good luck everyone!:)

post-231407-13813137891669_thumb.jpg

post-231407-13813137891923_thumb.jpg

post-231407-13813137892178_thumb.jpg

post-231407-13813137892437_thumb.jpg

Great pics Roses!! You can really see the difference, looking good!!

I hit 85 lbs lost today!! WOO HOO!! I realized yesterday when I got my drivers license out that I weigh less than it says I do! For most of my driving years it's been just the opposite as I was too embarrassed to put what I really weighed on there.

Hi every one ,I am glad to be back,been hectic with ex leaving me same week as surgury but that didn't stop me!my journey started slow with my lapband surgury in May of 2008. Now I have had a few fills I finally feel like its working for me. I've lost a total of 72 lbs so far! Yay,my stomach has shrunk and i do not get hungry any more.I eat mostly healthy but I do believe a small cheat satisfyes a craving and that works for me.I have set limitations on what I can cheat on and how often,such as anything lemon:tt2: Here are a couple pics from my befores and now,I won't say after because i am not finished yet.I square dance and walk 4 to 5 times a week ,fast.I love listening to my Mp3 player while I do. Good luck everyone!:laugh:

Looking great Rose. Keep up the good work and positive attitude

I had my last fill in Sept. and since then have had great restriction, but recently have had episodes of sliming and PBing when I would not expect it. So am concerned with this..anyone have any idea as to why these changes recently. I am not eating any more. Last night all I did was drink a yougurt smoothie, maybe 2 sips and slimed it all plus more.. (sorry for the graphic explaination). :)

Katydid--

Continue being the strong woman that you are and declare what you need! You must rest and heal. I am sad that you are not being supported, but very few of us actually get/got the nuturing we needed and deserved. So WE become our own mothers and love and take care of ourselves. The LapBand surgery is one example of that.

Meanwhile, consider us your sisters and turn to us for a hug and a smile.

Judy

Katy - we are all thinking about you and wishing you well. I am so sorry you are going through all this physical and emotional pain. I wonder if your parents realize how hard their lives would be if you were not there? Your mom probably could not visit you because she could not face that possible outcome. Take care of yourself - get as much rest and good nutrition as you possibly can - and get well. You are in my prayers.

My husband just received 60 days' notice from the place he has worked for 12 years. I'm trying not to panic.

Kathy - Hugs - one day at a time.. I hate saying this but that's pretty selfish of your mom - I am sorry about that if you didn't live a world away I would have come and seen you in the hosiptal...

Rose - Great Pic's - Good Job - Keep it up...

Victoria - as you have already been told - call your doc and get an unfill - you are too tight - not good .... You need to be able to eat and drink..

Lynn - Our bands are fickle - I haven't had a fill since 1/08 and some days my band is tighter than others - somedays I eat too fast - somedays I don't chew as well as I should and somedays - I take one bite to many cuz the food taste good and I want more...

Orea - Hugs GF - I will say some prayers for you & your family.. I could imagine how scary this is for you -

Relapse prevention: everyone

• Nourish yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually. Accept that everyone has needs, legitimate needs, and you don't need to be ashamed of yours. Learn how to meet your needs in healthy, responsible ways. If you make yourself feel needy, you will be tempted to look for comfort in diet books or the refrigerator. Especially make sure that every day you spend time with friends. In person is best, but phone calls and e-mail are better than nothing.

• Also every day spend time doing things you are good at, things you can take pride in, things that demonstrate your competency and abilities. Allow yourself to enjoy your accomplishments and refuse to listen to the nagging inner voice that insists you could do better if only you tried harder.

• Schedule something to look forward to every day, something that's fun and pleasurable. Watch comedy videos and laugh out loud at outrageous jokes. Play something -- a board game, a computer game, a musical instrument, tapes or CDs. Go outside and enjoy the birds, trees, flowers, and fresh air. If you live in the middle of a big city, go to a park. Make something with your own hands. Figure out how to give yourself a fun break from the daily routine, and then do it.

• Keep tabs on your feelings. Several times during the day, especially in the first stages of recovery, take time out and ask yourself how you feel. If you notice rising stress, anger, anxiety, fear, sadness -- and even strong joy -- be alert to the possibility that you may try to dull these strong emotions by turning to, or away from, food. Find a better way of dealing with your feelings such as talking them over with a trusted friend.

• Do something meaningful every day, something that gives you a sense of having made the world a better place, if only in some small way. If you do this consistently, you will build a sense of your dignity, value and ability to make a difference in your world.

• The 12-step folks have a useful formula. When they feel on the verge of falling into old behaviors, they say HALT! Then they ask, "Am I too Hungry, too Angry, too Lonely, or too Tired?" All of those states are strong binge triggers. Additional triggers for people with eating disorders seem to be Boredom and Unstructured time. If you find yourself stressed by any of these feelings, figure out a healthier and more effective way of dealing with them than binge eating or starving.

OREO - that is tough news to take at any time, but around the holiday.... Will keep you in my prayers..

Remeber we are all here to help you talk it out, rant and rave. or whatever your emotions tell you to do..

I just heard about a conference in NYC March 20-22, I think it i sounds interesting.. I do plan on attending since it is within deiving disrtance for me

Orea - Sorry to hear your news. There are so many lay-offs going on. Try to be good to yourself and not panic too much.

Long - I continue to be amazed at your weight loss! I gain and lose the same 5 lbs. Can't wait for my 3rd fill on Monday. I hope it helps with Portion Control. I know I need to be the one to make the right food choices.

Rose - You can really see the difference in the pics. Good going.

Katy - I'm sorry for your struggles. We'll be here to provide support.

TGIF - it's so cold here I just want to snuggle up under the covers!!

Orea, I can sympathize with what you are going through. I lost my job at the airlines 4 yrs ago and DH is on pins and needles wondering about his. He has a 50/50 shot of staying or being let go. We were supposed to hear by Thanksgiving and now we are hearing the end of the year. What a Christmas bonus that would be!