Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I got a bottle of 90, chewable at GNC, ($2.99)they are in the digestive aid section. I do think they have been halpful for those times I decide to eat that one last bite!!! that I knoiw I should not eat!!

Good Morning, All!

Great posts this morning... Gypsy! Wow!

One of my pre-band thoughts... I'm going to die young and DH won't be able to find a casket wide enough or pall bearers strong enough!! :rolleyes2::biggrin:

Papaya.... I have to be careful with it... the chewables are sweet, and addicting. I can't keep them close to wear I sit in the eveing... but they really help when I feel stuck.

Anyway, I get mine either at Wal-Mart (Spring Valley - 180, I think $4.73, or Rite Aid...Once a month their PharmaSure brand is 2 for the price of 1..250 for $5.99 I think.)

Hi all,I can't at this time add much to this sight because I don't get my life line until December the 8th :).But I have learned a lot from all of you who came before me ,I'll call you trail blazers:thumbup:Any way ,I'M not sure if you all know about this sight or not,But i love it BariatricEating.com it has a lot of info about bariatric ,A lot of recipes.,all about food labels,meal plans .What to stock in pantry-post-op and ect.its a great sight to get lost in.Check it out. Also if you like Peanut Butter ,but hate all the fat ,check www.bellplantation.com powdered peanut butter , i learned about it last year at ww. I like it , and order a case of 12 and and keep it in the freezer,it also has chocolate PB.That sounds good,but its new and i have not tried it.You may not have to order it because a food store near you may also sell it. I hope I helped Kerry

Netrition.com 's shipping is 4.95 no matter how much stuff you order. They have a fabulous Peanut Butter and chocolate Protein Shake mix. It's far better than added the powdered peanut butter to a chocolate Protein shake. What else can you do with the powdered p.butter? I have several jars of it?

Went to the dr. today and he won't let me have any of my fill back. He said I must be very sensitive to fills.

I would like to know where all that food was going when the barium sat in my esophagus for 15 min. He said that there was no doubt that it was not at all good for my esophagus. I wonder why it never felt like food was stuck.

Netrition.com 's shipping is 4.95 no matter how much stuff you order. They have a fabulous Peanut Butter and chocolate Protein Shake mix. It's far better than added the powdered peanut butter to a chocolate Protein shake. What else can you do with the powdered p.butter? I have several jars of it?

Went to the dr. today and he won't let me have any of my fill back. He said I must be very sensitive to fills.

I would like to know where all that food was going when the barium sat in my esophagus for 15 min. He said that there was no doubt that it was not at all good for my esophagus. I wonder why it never felt like food was stuck.

Worries me too - this is the thing with the band - who fricking knows - when I was at my lapband council in June someone asked if we should be tested annually to make sure everything was ok - they said no- if no problems no need for test..

But - to me that really isn't the case - well I guess you had a problem with the acid reflux but it took a long time for it to show its self....

IMHO I think doc's should do a fluro test at least once a year as a precaution... To see if we have streached our pouches - how in the heck would we know.

Worries me too - this is the thing with the band - who fricking knows - when I was at my lapband council in June someone asked if we should be tested annually to make sure everything was ok - they said no- if no problems no need for test..But - to me that really isn't the case - well I guess you had a problem with the acid reflux but it took a long time for it to show its self.... IMHO I think doc's should do a fluro test at least once a year as a precaution... To see if we have streached our pouches - how in the heck would we know.

I AGREE!

Something that really puzzles me is that even though my doctor's office does ALL fills under fluoro, they NEVER look at the band, only at the port, to make sure they have the needle placed correctly. You'd think that at least once in a while, since they're charging for the fluoro anyway, that they'd look at the band and check placement!!???

I AGREE!

Something that really puzzles me is that even though my doctor's office does ALL fills under fluoro, they NEVER look at the band, only at the port, to make sure they have the needle placed correctly. You'd think that at least once in a while, since they're charging for the fluoro anyway, that they'd look at the band and check placement!!???

Heck at least you have fluro - mine where blind fills - I haven't had anything since January 08 - in fact sometimes like last night with dinner I want to have some taken out... but if i did that I would gain weight - as it stands now I am doing pretty good at maintaining...

So who knows the condition of my band and pouch..

My doc is the same - fill is done under floroscope but only to see the port. I have my third fill on Monday. Maybe I'll ask him to take a look!

Kathy

The thought about checking the bands has crossed my mind too. However, these docs aren't radiologists, and I can't imagine how much the fills would cost if they spent the time to locate the band and check it without symptoms of a problem. Insurance sure isn't going to pay for it! I think a big factor here is the cost--unless some study comes out proving that a high percentage of people have these esophagus problems without symptoms, I can't imagine it will become common practice. But who knows...

When I had my pre-band work up, I found that I already had delayed emptying from the esophagus into the stomach. Some people have this dysfunction anyhow. I am careful to watch for signs of swallowing problems, heartburn, acid reflux at night, etc, and haven't had a problem. But, Denise, as you found out, you might not have a whole lot of symptoms, so who knows. I'm sure he wants your esophagus to heal thoroughly, so that you don't develop scars and a stricture (narrowing). Nothing to mess with! Good luck - hope you can manage to maintain weight without being tight.

It will be intersting what becomes standard in the future...

I asked him and he said the report said I hadn't stretched my pouch, but he said he doesn't know how that could be possible.

I called the hospital today to find out what all of this is going to cost me. $350.00 . I didn't know when they use the fluro that they don't see the band, only the port.

This will sure make me think twice about taking that last bite when I know I am full. I am really afraid of doing damage.

Denise...you sharing your experience with the rest of us can only make us more aware to watch for certain symptoms. It makes me wonder how many people have problems like yours but never get checked. Thank goodness your doc found what was troubling you and I hope that you can heal quickly and get back to getting your fills and back to a restriction that is comfortable for you. Take care and try to be patient.

Hi all,

I was just banded on 11/6/08 and lose 9 pound the first week. I am a real newbie, what is pbing?

Also being over 50, I have bad knees! I bought an exercise bike, but the going is slow. I can only do 2 minutes at a time. How did you start out?

Hello Everyone, I'm finally back on deck.

Had a very rough time in hospital with the (5th) abdominal hernia. Caught a Multi Antibiotic Resistant Organism in the wound, had to go into isolation, very, very, ill. Veins collapsed so they couldn't put anymore cannulas in... thank goodness, they ruddy well hurt. I was in for 2 weeks and am now home but have a nurse come every day as I still have a drain in my abdomen. Still not really well and get giddy if I stand for too long.

The band was emptied on the operating table and has not been refilled as yet. I see the surgeon again next Wednesday, maybe to get the drain out. Have only put on 1 1/2 kilos = 3lbs so I'm not growling at myself. Still have the wretched reflux and gas though.

Life is a bit hard at home as my mother can't stnd being around sick people and hates cooking. We've already had a few spats, which doesn't make me feel very good but I'm too ill to get up and do what I'd normally be doing = looking after Mum and Dad and taking them to their physio appts etc. Mum doesn't believe in resting although I've been told to do absolutely nothing until the new year to give my insides a proper chance to heal this time and after that I'll have to follow a strict lot of does and don'ts after that. That is going to be hard as since Mum and Dad have moved in with me, I'm the chief cook and bottle washer so to speak.

I've had to close down my beloved business for good this time as I must listen to my body after these last problems. I really don't want anymore surgeries - too old for the pain now I've found.

Sorry for the whinging, must get back to bed.

Best wishes. :thumbup:

Hi all,

I was just banded on 11/6/08 and lose 9 pound the first week. I am a real newbie, what is pbing?

Also being over 50, I have bad knees! I bought an exercise bike, but the going is slow. I can only do 2 minutes at a time. How did you start out?

Productive Burp - a burp w/food. Exercise - just do it - get on the bike - do your 2 minutes - then the next hour get back on and do 2 more so on and so forth and then next week increase it to 3 minutes - slowly increase time and intensity... It gets easier as the weight comes off

Hello Everyone, I'm finally back on deck.

Had a very rough time in hospital with the (5th) abdominal hernia. Caught a Multi Antibiotic Resistant Organism in the wound, had to go into isolation, very, very, ill. Veins collapsed so they couldn't put anymore cannulas in... thank goodness, they ruddy well hurt. I was in for 2 weeks and am now home but have a nurse come every day as I still have a drain in my abdomen. Still not really well and get giddy if I stand for too long.

The band was emptied on the operating table and has not been refilled as yet. I see the surgeon again next Wednesday, maybe to get the drain out. Have only put on 1 1/2 kilos = 3lbs so I'm not growling at myself. Still have the wretched reflux and gas though.

Life is a bit hard at home as my mother can't stnd being around sick people and hates cooking. We've already had a few spats, which doesn't make me feel very good but I'm too ill to get up and do what I'd normally be doing = looking after Mum and Dad and taking them to their physio appts etc. Mum doesn't believe in resting although I've been told to do absolutely nothing until the new year to give my insides a proper chance to heal this time and after that I'll have to follow a strict lot of does and don'ts after that. That is going to be hard as since Mum and Dad have moved in with me, I'm the chief cook and bottle washer so to speak.

I've had to close down my beloved business for good this time as I must listen to my body after these last problems. I really don't want anymore surgeries - too old for the pain now I've found.

Sorry for the whinging, must get back to bed.

Best wishes. :thumbup:

Kathy

Hugs - OMW you have had/have some struggles - My GD & DS have had MIRSA.. It's a bad bad thing... Having all the responsiblities that you have is tough... Hugs.. Take care of you the best that you can - and just explain to Mum & Dad you need help - do you have any other family to help you out..

Hi, I hAVE HAD MY 3RD FILL AND this one hs so much restriction. I can only eat 2 bites and everything come up. I eat very little and I lose very little. I drink Water and o calorie diet tea. I eat very little and I always get sick. I'm not sure I should contact my doctor. This is the first time I have felt restricted.