Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I still have to pinch myself that I weigh now what I weighed almost 10 years ago and I feel 10 years younger. My numbers all have improved as well. I am free of the constant hunger and free of the constant feeling of shame and always tying to cover up. I have more energy that I've had in decades and my life is more in order.

thanks me for a great 50th Bday present.

Sooverit, keep it up, it was a great present to yourself. I'm 5'9", was as high as 237#, Just hit 207#, and am going for 167#. I'm 57. My insurance did pay because I have 3 co-morbidities. I'm getting my first fill Aug. 11 and I'm hoping to hit goal by my B-day on Dec. 30, the Lord willing.

I'm already so much healthier I can't believe it.

Keep posting people. You never know when someone's just reading these posts and getting the inspiration they need.

Hi "If your..stomach"...it's amazing how much improves when you lose weight...and it doesn't have to be a lot of weight. One of the best improvements for me is my menopause symptoms seemed to vanish!! Whahoo...last year at this time I was a hot flashing, emotional, heart palpatating, depressed mess! I think excess weight causes you to retain estrogen esp. in breasts which can lead to all sort of problems I won't even mention. I had every symptom

The guilt and shame of over eating are gone as well. What power to be in control of what your body puts in it's mouth! Before the lap band I had NO control. Once I started I couldn't stop. this device fixed me!! WARNING THO...the Lap Band ain't for sissys, hypocondriacs, or the impatient!

Sooverit and

50 and loving it.

Hi "If your..stomach"...it's amazing how much improves when you lose weight...and it doesn't have to be a lot of weight. One of the best improvements for me is my menopause symptoms seemed to vanish!! Whahoo...last year at this time I was a hot flashing, emotional, heart palpatating, depressed mess! I think excess weight causes you to retain estrogen esp. in breasts which can lead to all sort of problems I won't even mention. I had every symptom

The guilt and shame of over eating are gone as well. What power to be in control of what your body puts in it's mouth! Before the lap band I had NO control. Once I started I couldn't stop. this device fixed me!! WARNING THO...the Lap Band ain't for sissys, hypocondriacs, or the impatient!

Sooverit and

50 and loving it.

So over it---You are so right about the sissys, hypos, and the impatient. you said it best.

In March, I was beating myself up over not getting closer to goal in the year after banding. Impatience....

Lately I have been just cruising with my band- not stressing- not really caring much about food and it has been wonderful.

I realized I will take the time it takes and that's it. I'm thrilled for all those who can get the weight off quick but I guess it's not going to be me.

Cruising feels wonderful and not caring much about food for the last few weeks is a very new feeling. I think this is how normal people are!

I feel at peace about food (for once!) and am losing weight naturally.

I still have to be sure to get in my exercise every day because my family has Type 2 diabetes but the exercise feels great and natural.

So there you go- even after a year, you can discover new things about yourself and where you can go with the band. It's not easy but it's worth the trip.

Love and success on your journey everyone

Sadie

Hi All!

I enjoyed the comments about cruising. I think that's what I've experienced, too. food just does not have the same appeal as before banding. I began to notice this feeling as I approached that sweet spot that has come with my last fill in June. Still well restricted - can eat anything, just not quickly, and definitely not very much volume. I fill quickly and am satisfied with small amounts - just what it's supposed to do for me.

Chasing a 2 year old helps, too! I'm definitely losing more quickly since that's part of my daily routine.

Best to all... Love your band.

Hi All!

I enjoyed the comments about cruising. I think that's what I've experienced, too. food just does not have the same appeal as before banding. I began to notice this feeling as I approached that sweet spot that has come with my last fill in June. Still well restricted - can eat anything, just not quickly, and definitely not very much volume. I fill quickly and am satisfied with small amounts - just what it's supposed to do for me.

Chasing a 2 year old helps, too! I'm definitely losing more quickly since that's part of my daily routine. I AM HALFWAY TO GOAL!

So over it---You are so right about the sissys, hypos, and the impatient. you said it best.

In March, I was beating myself up over not getting closer to goal in the year after banding. Impatience....

Lately I have been just cruising with my band- not stressing- not really caring much about food and it has been wonderful.

I realized I will take the time it takes and that's it. I'm thrilled for all those who can get the weight off quick but I guess it's not going to be me.

Cruising feels wonderful and not caring much about food for the last few weeks is a very new feeling. I think this is how normal people are!

I feel at peace about food (for once!) and am losing weight naturally.

I still have to be sure to get in my exercise every day because my family has Type 2 diabetes but the exercise feels great and natural.

So there you go- even after a year, you can discover new things about yourself and where you can go with the band. It's not easy but it's worth the trip.

Love and success on your journey everyone

Sadie

Good for you and Sooverit. Victories are marked in many ways, not just in pounds lost.

I'm planning on a family reunion this weekend. I plan to play hard and not worry about my food. I did a 3-day proteinfest with very few carbs in preparation. I'm going back on it after the weekend because its already gotten me losing again. First fill Aug 11. Hang in there everyone. Have a fun weekend. I plan to.

My blog yesterday was about Second Childhood. Playing with my grandkids has turned me into a little kid again. And I don't eat or even think about food when I play. So for everyone this weekend my wish for you is that you play.

IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

Hi All!

Chasing a 2 year old helps, too! I'm definitely losing more quickly since that's part of my daily routine. I AM HALFWAY TO GOAL!

Hi JoannMarie,

Happy to see that you're doing so well. I haven't posted for a long time since the second band and 6th abdominal hernia was repaired. Took a long time to recooperate as my body was in such a bad way. I've unfortunately put on 7 kilos = 15.4lbs and now weigh 81 kilos = 178.2lbs. Very disappointing. My surgeon said I would put on weight because my body was so dehydrated but no more than 5 kilos = 11lbs or I'd risk another hernia breaking through. I'm an emotional eater, that's been my problem all along. The banding was the only way I lost the weight at all but it just didn't work out for me unfortunately.

I'm having my shoulder operated on next Thursday. I'm not fond of hospitals or pain and I hate needles, so the sooner it's over with, the better.

Keep up the good work. Best wishes, Helene.

"I still have to be sure to get in my exercise every day because my family has Type 2 diabetes but the exercise feels great and natural" Sadie:

It's so true what you said about exercise too! My mother and brother had Type 2 as well. You reminded me that I no longer go over board with exercise. I used to be on this cycle where I would work out at the gym for 2 hours 4-5 x a week lose the weight then the winter would come or some other event that prevented me from working out and I would put the weight all back on. NOw that was discouraging ...talk about working hard for nothing! Now it does feel more natural to just be more active...walk/jog for 30 mins a day or so. I just want to be more active and I'm not hurting myself like I did before.:wink:

Hi All!

Half-way. Cool. You're doing great. So good to hear from you. I surely do know about chasing 2yr. olds.

being able to sit on the floor and play with my grandson, almost 4 years old, is so much fun. Without the band there is no way I would be able to be doing that. I am so greatful for where I am now and how my life bhas changed for the better.

now re-couperating from TT and thigh lift. Ten day post op. Slow going but glad I did it.

Sooverit, You have a wonderful attitude and it's something I need to find. I also like your signature line....this isn't for wimps. Even with the band, it's still work and the weight doesn't come off fast. Good for you, I bet you'll lose even more weight as time goes by.

I'm having head hunger issues and think I'll probably have a long way to go before any of those issues are resolved or where I'll be able to ignore them. When I get stressed at work I want to eat. I am eating, but trying to eat stuff that isn't detrimental to the diet. I have had chocolate (less than 1/2 of what I used to eat and only the very good dark stuff) and I eat popcorn. Now that one is interesting...I used to eat one of those big bags easily. Now I eat maybe 2 cups worth and I stretch it out for a long time. I think after my fill, I won't be able to do this.

I keep having the "I don't want to work anymore" thing and that is adding to my stress sometimes. I know only I can change my attitude and I am working on it, but I sure would like to retire. I have a million other things I want to do but that pesky work gets in the way. Of course if I don't have the income, I can't do the million other things. Dang. Just in case you're wondering I've worked for 33 years at the same company. I've had many different jobs, but basically it's been the same company.

I worked out in my friends pool again last night without my sister (she's out of town) and my friend didn't come out to visit. I had a better workout even if it was shorter. I think this is a good thing to do every now and then. It's supposed to start cooling down a bit next week so hopefully I'll get some real walking in.

Enough rambling. Have a wonder Friday. So looking forward to the weekend.

Eva

aug 27th date for surgery.. cannot wait .. and nervous at the same time ///weloss/wrAyfRF/]

weight.png

[/url]

ight-

aug 27th date for surgery.. cannot wait .. and nervous at the same time ///weloss/wrAyfRF/]

weight.png

[/url]

ight-

Welcome, this is a great place to ask quesions, make friends and learn about the band and the lifestyle changes ahead

I was more excited than nervous, knowing I would have the tool to help me change and lose the weight