Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

:rolleyes2:Hi, everybody. I am a new bandster, having had the surgery on Monday, June 1st. I am actually pleased with my progress:no pain for the most part, up and doing 'normal' household stuff, going back to work on Monday. Not hungry (which is amazing) but really miss chewing.

Good luck to all of us...

:rolleyes2:Hi, everybody. I am a new bandster, having had the surgery on Monday, June 1st. I am actually pleased with my progress:no pain for the most part, up and doing 'normal' household stuff, going back to work on Monday. Not hungry (which is amazing) but really miss chewing.

Good luck to all of us...

Welcome! Jump on in with questions and support. We are all in this together.

Jersey Girl, I am a little surprised that the more substantial foods like rice, crackers and cheese are recommended fare for you just yet. At 2 weeks, most of us are still on full liquids (creamed Soups and the like) or mushies (cottage cheese consistency). Those stages are designed to promote the healing of the stomach, and helping the band to seat itself securely against your tummy in order to get ready to go to work. Did you surgeon give you any guidance about the foods you should be eating? This is not meant as criticism, but I am concerned about everything healing properly so you don't have problems with band slippage, etc. Please be careful - this stage is very important for your health and the success of the band.

It is interesting to hear the difference in everyone's post surgery diet.

I had 2 weeks liquid, 10 days mushie, 10 days soft, then on to "regular foods in small quantities. And even now I will throw in a day of shakes as a boost to lose.

Everyone has a different weight loss.. 1, 2 maybe 5# a week, especially in the beginning. I then leveled off to average 2# per week. Battling my last 20# right now, but am so happy with my progress 15 months out.

going to the plastic surgeon this week for a consult on a Tummy Tuck. I look like I have an upper and a lower stomach.. and at 57 there is little elasticity left to the skin, especially after being so stretched out.

Welcome to all the new bandsters. join in ask question, give opinions, we are all here for each other through the good and the bad; :thumbup:

Thanks for the input about time between fills.

I will call the Doc's office tomorrow.

I believe he only does followups and fills on Thursdays.

(surgery on Mondays and Tuesdays, golf on Wednesdays, clean on Fridays)

I'm anxious to get restriction so I can actually experience this whole lap-band process.

So far it's been will-power and anticipation and practice.

I call my scars - the "Caterpillar" and his 4 little bugs.

Apparently the lap-band surgeries have progressed from many little incisions to ONE incision and now NO incision!

It's like Star Trek with "Bones" passing a gizmo over the part that "ails ya" :thumbup:

My dad died unexpectedly while I was in Arizona visiting him. Normally, I would really be doing some emotional eating but I haven't . When they remove that hormone with the sleeve, it really is true that it takes away the appetite. I just love it. I have lost all the weight I gained back when I had to have most of my fill removed.

Oh, Denise!

I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your Dad's sudden death!

HUGS!

Denise: Condolances on the passing of your Dear Father... I am so sorry for your loss.(((HUGS)))

First of all...Denise...so sorry to hear of your father's passing. You have my sympathy. What I got from your posts is that you were a very good daughter and did whatever you could for your dad. You have my sympathy. So happy that the sleeve is doing what it should for you. Hear's wishing you and easy ride from here and on down the road!

Got caught up on this thread and just a big WELCOME to the new people.

Orea...hang in there with the job situation. Staying busy with packing has got to take your mind off of it some. Please do not feel badly about your upcoming bandiversary and where you are sitting with things...you have been through more than a person should and have had MANY setbacks with your health. Hopefully, you will get to that place where you feel the appropriate amount of restrictions and things will be a little easier for you.

Susan...(Livin')...how have things been going for you? How are things with your health? Any news? Just concerned.

Hey, Elayne.....have a great trip up North. I am from MN and LOVE the Duluth area. Hope you can get a fill b/4 you go but be careful to not do it too close to trip date as Joanne mentioned above. If you are worried about food, just make sure you have something available just in case you are limited on choices at certain points of your trip. Make sure to stop at Betty's Pies! They have low fat, low sugar offerings and you can always taste and share.

Lynn...let us know what you hear (if you are willing to share) from your PS.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My favorite saying this time of the year: "I'd rather be lost at the lake and to be found at home"!

Thanks, Apples. You would have to mention Betty's Pies. yummmmm.

Now I have to go get my mind on something else...

Thanks, Apples. You would have to mention Betty's Pies. yummmmm.

Now I have to go get my mind on something else...

LOL, Joanne....

I DID call the doc's office yesterday and spoke to his coordinator.

Apparently the "appointment maker" was mistaken when she set my next follow-up/fill for September after my late May visit.

Newly banded patients are seen every 6 weeks if all is going well.

And - under my plan - visits and fills up to 3 months after the surgery is covered is considered part of the surgical procedure.

I'm just under the wire with this second fill - so no co-pays yet.

And about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My hospital bill came to over $34K!!

I haven't received the surgeon or the anesthesiologist bills yet.

With my Insurance coverage of just over 6K - my bill is over 28K!!!!!

(NOT going to happen! - not with our wallet!)

Phone calls overdue - certainly - but it looks like the "forgiven" uncovered over-charges haven't been forgiven yet.

My trip is 2nd week of July with my 2nd fill the week before.

We're taking the USA route south of Lake Erie, Lake Huron and up to Marquette Michigan.

We'll wander that part of Lake Superior with a few hikes in the Huron Mountain region.

My knees say it's OK to resume hiking!

YAY!!!!

(Pies don't tempt me as much as P!ZZ@ ) :)

My husband and I are still precariously on the edge of a split - but my surgery feat inspired him to quit smoking and he wants us to have time away from everything.

We'll see . . . .

No promises . . . :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for your condolences. It's been a very difficult time in my life. I really appreciate all of your kindness and good wishes.

Denise, I'm so sorry for your loss. You spent a lot of time with your dad over the last year I have known you - that must have given him a great sense of peace to know you cared so much. God bless you.

Some threads down this morning and others okay.

What's up with that???

How's everyone doing today?

Cloudy here in the Pacific NW.

Big family outing to the zoo this morning and we're really looking forward to it. DH is packing us a lunch and scooter is loaded!

Hi everyone! I'm popping back in with an update. Still no job for DH. He was supposed to hear from someone "by the end of the week," and ... nothing. That is just plain rude, if you ask me. So we have gone from four job possibilities on Monday to one long shot today.

On a brighter note, Dr. Tran gave me a full 1 cc. last Thursday after seeing my weight gain. I'm at 8 cc. in a 10 cc. band, and finally have decent restriction. Finally!!! I'm definitely having to be a lot more careful, and eat a lot less, but I'm having no problems that would indicate an overfill. I'm still stress grazing, and I am trying to get that under better control, but at least I am nibbling on things like Jerky, sugar snap peas, cherries, and the like. And the scale is gradually coming down. That helps me keep a better mindset.

So, as I was saying to a friend in an even more stressful situation, we just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and take one day at a time and hope that things straighten out soon.