Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hey 50 @ over gang ! Here I am !:) I am so Glad I found someone like you guys to help me thru this ! I go to the Dr. on 03-06-09 to start my diet and then on 04-06-09 I have my surgery. I'm new to all of this so you can be expecting me to be here as much as I can ! I am going to be like a big old sponge and just soak up all the support and help I canget !

Hey Doodlebug11, I'm new here too...

Hi to all... Have been just reading for a while.. It's easy to tell these gals are good to know.. I'm sure we'll do well with them.. I look forward to getting to know everyone...

I'm just home from a day out with my husband... Tax man, shopping, supper and a movie... All good.... but I'm glad to be home again. I still get tired after too much.. my back starts to hurt. But I'll be fine in the morning and I enjoyed the day... Hope all are doing well... Have a good night... Julie

Good Morning everyone. I have a question for you. I had my last fill on Feb 5th. All of a sudden this past week I have been pretty tight. When I take small sips I feel a tightness in my chest. Also....I have been having heart burn which I haven't had since I was pregnant with my first son. This morning I made some sausage and scrambled egg, after 2 bites I have heart burn. Anyone have any suggestions on what this may be? Is is normal to get more restriction 14 days after a fill? Yesterday I went to a Stamping Party and I PB'd on nearly everything I put in my mouth. Once I pd's so bad that I felt so much pressure in my head. ;)

Seems to me like I may not need my next fill on March 10th.

Have a great day !!

It sounds to me like you are a little too tight. When you are properly adjusted, you should not have trouble with solid food, if you are taking tiny bites and chewing well.

Also, when you PB, you should STOP EATING, and go to liquids for a day or so to let your stoma get over the irritation and swelling. After what you've been doing, PBing, repeatedly, give it two or three days. Then cautiously go back to eating, mushies first.

Furthermore, many bandsters have trouble with scrambled eggs. I don't, but I hear about it a lot.

When you do start eating again, go back to basics. Take tiny bites. Pay attention to chewing extra well. Every fill we have to re-learn what we can do and what we can no longer tolerate. If this continues despite all you efforts, call your Dr. and get a little Fluid taken out.

Keep us posted. :-)

You'll find me on Facebook as Orea de Sa'Hana. Tell me you are a LBT friend. :-)

Found you and just sent you a bunch of friend suggestions... all LBT but from various threads.

It sounds to me like you are a little too tight. When you are properly adjusted, you should not have trouble with solid food, if you are taking tiny bites and chewing well.

Also, when you PB, you should STOP EATING, and go to liquids for a day or so to let your stoma get over the irritation and swelling. After what you've been doing, PBing, repeatedly, give it two or three days. Then cautiously go back to eating, mushies first.

Furthermore, many bandsters have trouble with scrambled eggs. I don't, but I hear about it a lot.

When you do start eating again, go back to basics. Take tiny bites. Pay attention to chewing extra well. Every fill we have to re-learn what we can do and what we can no longer tolerate. If this continues despite all you efforts, call your Dr. and get a little Fluid taken out. Keep us posted. :-)

All good advice. As for scrambled eggs... I usually use eggbeaters, but at daughter's this week, I ate real eggs. One day I made a small omelet. (I'd had a fill on Monday of that week.) But I found that making scrambled eggs, using some skim milk, the egg went down a lot easier than the omelet. A lot softer, and more moist.

12_12_8.gif

Plateau's suck! I've been the same for almost 5 months now. I thought I needed more of a fill, but nope, that wasn't it. I need to just be patient and it will come off. Its my body fighting to hold on to every last ounce of fat I have left I guess. :D

I've lost only 1 pound in a month and feel very bad. I think I'd lose my mind if I went 5 months without losing. I understand plateaus but how do you get past them and back to losing. Is it just a matter of time. I keep telling myself not to worry but of course I do.;) HELP!!!!.

I am so thankful for this site because I can always find support and someone who understands my problems and feelings. THANKS!!!:(

I've only been banded since Oct 2008 and I had bad reflux and had to be put on priosec and gaviscon for a while. After my first fill Jan 28 I started having the same feeling and had to start back on the prilosec for while. Could your problem be reflux which can feel like heartburn. Good luck.

I've lost only 1 pound in a month and feel very bad. I think I'd lose my mind if I went 5 months without losing. I understand plateaus but how do you get past them and back to losing. Is it just a matter of time. I keep telling myself not to worry but of course I do.;) HELP!!!!.

I am so thankful for this site because I can always find support and someone who understands my problems and feelings. THANKS!!!:(

One suggestion for blasting yourself off of a plateau... the five day pouch test. Google it. Basically takes you back to the beginning.... liquids, full liquids, mushies. I did it last summer. I'd been doing okay, but needed it mentally, I think. It was a good discipline.

After a visit to my surgeon last wek I have tried to get back to basics... seems to be working: by Friday I was down 2#... gonna keep myself on track, a swift kick in the pants.. I so want to continue to lose and get to goal... And my goal seems to change.. all depends on my menatal state... gee 150# would be great, but I am satisfied here at around 170-175#.. Need to keep on the losing track..

PJ, you sound too tight to me. I would stick on liquids and musshie foods for a few days and see if it will loosen on it's own. All that has to happen is for you to melt a little fat around your stomach and it will loosen. If it stays that way,

you need to have a tiny unfill. You'll end up with what they call soft food syndromem and people don't lose well that way.

Guess who hit Onederland today!!!! THAT WOULD BE ME!!! WOOHOO!!!! I've not weighed in the 100's since I had my son, he'll be 26 in May, so it's been awhile and was a very emotional experience for me this morning. I sobbed as DH hugged me.

I've not heard of having to do liquids or mushies after a PB before and have never done it. Usually when the food has cleared I'm fine, but it's never been stuck real bad.

PJ, are you stressed or anything right now? I know stress seems to tighten the band so maybe that's why it suddenly got tighter. Though these bands do seem to be fickle and have a mind of their own. I have to eat way less on some days more than others.

OMG, Long, what a wonderful day for you.. Congrats..... I would love to be you right now.... But I guess my time will come, too... Have a great day...........do something special for yourself... You deserve it... Julie

Kat I am very worried about you. I hope this surgeon can fix you up and make you well. I will definitely pray for that.

I think you need to rest awhile after surgery before you make any decisions. After that, you could research the sleeve. There is nothing to slip. Not much can go wrong with that surgery, once it's all done. I pray for you to be well and have a good outcome.