Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hey Guys,

This is a big deal for me -- I've actually lost 2 lbs. I just wanted to get it down on "paper," if you will, so that I commit to not gaining it back!

bonnie

Just wanted to get this posted with my new ticker info -- I hope it works. I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to JANET, without whom I wouldn't be posting even this very modest weight loss. Janet honey -- you rock!

Tell him about a recipe search site called foodieview.com. You type in what kind of recipe you want and it searches them out and gives you the best reviewed ones first. My foodie son introduced me to it. :-)

Hi Oregondaisy,

Would you believe we packed Dads van to the hilt for the swapmart and were all ready to go at 4am...............and the van wouldn't go!!!!!!

Didn't bother calling for road service because it takes sooo long, just fumed and went back to bed.

As it turns out, it was just as well we didn't go because I've vomited 3 times already and it's been blowing a gale. My Daughter and Grandaughter still went to the Swapmart but only as buyers and said the wind was blowing all the clothes racks over, so that wouldn't have helped either.

I'll be ringing the Hospital early in the morning to get the earliest possible booking for the endoscopy. Things just don't feel good.

Best wishes.

I am starting to think food with the recipes you guys are exchanging!! I will not be able to eat until March!! But I will save them because I like to cook. I am already thinking how to liven up the liquids. I pulled out my ice cream freezer to make high Protein ices and I will work on the protein in the Jello and make some high protein popsicles with tupperware popsicle makers. Remember them!! I pulled them out too.

Someone had mentioned egg drop Soup. I love it. I had major head and head surgery years ago and that was a lifesaver. So good!! Just because we can not eat like we used to doesn't mean we still can not be creative in the kitchen.

I do plan to spend my down time cleaning out drawers and sorting pictures. But that could take years!!! So maybe I will get one done!

Katy I hope your problems get resolved. Keep us updated.

Love hearing about all your progress.

Jane

Jane, I honestly think I enjoy food more than I ever did. I'm enjoying cooking more than ever, too. (It tastes so much better with the guilt and angst gone.) And my husband is loving this new way of eating!

Afternoon everyone ~ Katy I do hope you get things figured out. Isn't there a way you can get the two docs to talk to one another? Personally I'm not for a lot of back and forth, and I would be so difficult that someone would have to do something quick. Hang in there.

I don't know what the convo was about fish, but that is my favorite food, particularly shellfish. If anyone has any reciepes (quick and easy) let me know.

Peachwood - wow, you are a COOK; Protein popsicles:cool2: This cooking thing is a real challenge for me. Empty nest here and only me to cook for so I don't do much of it. However, the band really requires more effort in the kitchen:crying:

Dear Orea, I am so glad you said that. It is so encouraging. With 2 days to go to "bandland' there are many questions of doubt going through my head. Thanks. PS. Tonight is Lobster!!!

KATYDID---

Sure hope you can get to the bottom of your health problems soon. I can't remember if you were the one who said the Dr. might put a mesh patch across your tummy to insure the hernia(s) are fixed for good. My DH had this done years ago and has had no further problems.

Sure hope you are not close to the wild fires in Australia. Keep us posted as to how things are going for you.

Blessings,

MiMi

Katy, I just saw on TV about the fires in Australia. Are you near them? Hope you are okay.

Flowers, are you still out there? I haven't seen you since your post about feeling like you are dieting.

Having my inlaws over for dinner shortly. I am cooking a buffalo prime rib, never made or had buffalo before. It was given to us and supposed to be very good, but I'm not so sure.

Hit 104 lbs lost this weekend. 1 1/2 more to Onederland!! :thumbdown:

Jane, I honestly think I enjoy food more than I ever did. !

Hey Orea, you sure swooped thru those last 10 lbs like nothing while I wasnt looking, good for you, congrats.

long2bthin, yep Im still here. Measuring my waist and wondering when I will lose those inches. The smallest dress I bought is 36 in the waist and if I pull tight on the measuring tape, Im at best 38 1/2 inches around my smallest part of about where my waist should be.

Im trying to build strength, but my arms are sore, so I decided I shouldnt push today. I dont know if I should try every day, or just every other day to try push ups. Between the broken bones and osteroperosis (my bones are like 80 years old the doc said), I dont want to injure myself either. Im sure trying, even though not making progress like you. Im about to push into the 160s though. I saw 170 even after my 2nd walk yesterday.

23_30_125.gif

Hey Guys,

This is a big deal for me -- I've actually lost 2 lbs. I just wanted to get it down on "paper," if you will, so that I commit to not gaining it back!

bonnie

Awesome! I know how you feel. I have been battling up and down three lbs for the last week. I am determined to lose it this week.

Did anybody have to eat 2oz. all the way through the pureed, soft foods and maintenance diets? this is the protocol for me.

Toy

Surgery January 16,2009

weight.png

Dear Orea, I am so glad you said that. It is so encouraging. With 2 days to go to "bandland' there are many questions of doubt going through my head. Thanks. PS. Tonight is Lobster!!!

Thanks for noticing. I've got a good fill level, which I am loving, and of course the stomach virus last week helped. :thumbdown::rolleyes:

So much going on for everyone.

Got out today and took the dog to the dog park. He wasn't too sure about so many big dogs running free. He is a slight 9.5# miniature poodle..

Not sure how my eating will go this week. no frig for food. waiing for repairman to get back with the part... UGH.. Hope to mange well, but will be buying out each day.. Holding at tha same weight for more than a month..a bit frustrated, but glad not to be gaining.