Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

OH OH:unsure: Am I going to get a lecture from Janet for posting the noon menu????????????? I'm scared. Don't make me wait Janet...

No lecture Apples - you aren't eating the stuff you fix... And I can't get over all that cooking you do and you don't eat the stuff...

I am Peaches life coach :w00t:- she is a lucky #7 like me and Phyl (she was banded in 7/07). She is going on Vacation in Dec and I am trying to help her focus on making good food choices & exercising.. Plus I am the food cop on our thread!!! :) I am known for focusing on eating healthy and if you are eating sweets all the time you are not going to lose any weight and I am all about the exercise...

I am the tough love bander on all the threads that I post on but I think you and the others who have been around for a while know that about me :P:scared2: But the operative word is Love :thumbup:

She had a tough time at work last week and was a good girl she didn't reach for the choc... I called her on Sunday to make sure she was ok - cuz she hadn't posted and was worried about her and all that snow up in Canada

She is one of the 5 of us who met this past July at the mall of america...

Ok computer is back up as you all can tell - so need to focus on getting some work done - will cbl:tongue:

Indio,

Yes, Tina is there and she seems sweet, I am glad she will make me tow the line, my husband is only 20 lbs over, he has a dfib pacemaker in, a virus attacked his heart and gave him a 20 percent ejection fraction. and he is still working doc. says he is adapting very well.. now shortness of breat which is great.

I believe his main problem is fear , of what i will look like after and getting attractive again.. he asked me if I am doing this for him, and I told him no it was about me, guess I should have lied.. but I will do what ever I have to and thank you for talking to me about this.. have a great thanksgiving.. talk to u again later

the incouragement is great

May, I think a lot of men have that reaction - fear you will leave him for another man... What he really should be concerned about is that you will remain heavy and unhealthy yourself and consequently shorten your own life. The healthier you are the better you will function in your life - and he will be able to function better, too. This change has to be scary for him - and of course the guys will seldom admit what they are really feeling if it is feelings of fear, esp the fear of loss of love. Your hubby will need a bit of cherishing, too, won't he... Hopefully you can cherish each other.

Ladies,

You are an awesome inspiration. I am looking for an online exercise buddy to help me move every day. Anybody out there who needs a buddy to "walk" with even though we are just onliners?

Hi Pat !!!

Don't listen to that 50% to 60% those are just #'s - there are alot of pple here who have lost 100% of their excess weight - I made it my goal to loss it all... And with the help of my band for the 1st time in my life I have gotten to goal... You can do it..

Your doc sounds alot like mine - except they called all the pple I had to see and then those pple called me to set up appointments.

I got them all done in 6 weeks - and I had tons -sleep' date=' heart, lungs, colon, pap, mamo, dietican, shrink, blood work 14 vials, xrays..

January will be here before you know it...

Glad to see things are progressing well for you - and oh my that trip !!! Snow 6 hours... glad you and daughter were together - that would be scary if you were all alone...

[/quote']

Thanks for the inspiration Janet. That was the first thing that my daughter and i said when we left the office, we are going to show him, we can do it and lose 100% of our weight...lol. I saw my PCP for my last supervised visit today and we talked about my surgery, he seemed surprised when I told him that i wanted to lose 100#. I'm his first lapband patient, well, my daughter and I, so he is really clueless...lol. The nurses always ask so many questions, i'm really glad i've got the experience of this board and my research to answer them.

Hi Pat

I see you are in PA - so am I but a little North of Pittsburgh. Where are you driving to have your surgery? Are you by any chance coming to Pittsburgh for your surgery?

Sandi

Hi Sandi, I live about 3.5 hours north of pittsburgh, so we are going to Erie for our surgery, it's not much closer 3 hours on a good day. Not a lot of difference in time, but i am more familiar with Erie than Pittsburgh. It's nice to meet another bandster from Pa. Which hospital are you using?

Happy birthday Phyll!

Welcome May!

Hugs, Pat

Ladies,

You are an awesome inspiration. I am looking for an online exercise buddy to help me move every day. Anybody out there who needs a buddy to "walk" with even though we are just onliners?

Gypsy - I go to the gym Monday - Tuesday - Wedneday - Saturday....

Thanks for the inspiration Janet. That was the first thing that my daughter and i said when we left the office, we are going to show him, we can do it and lose 100% of our weight...lol. I saw my PCP for my last supervised visit today and we talked about my surgery, he seemed surprised when I told him that i wanted to lose 100#. I'm his first lapband patient, well, my daughter and I, so he is really clueless...lol. The nurses always ask so many questions, i'm really glad i've got the experience of this board and my research to answer them.

Hi Sandi, I live about 3.5 hours north of pittsburgh, so we are going to Erie for our surgery, it's not much closer 3 hours on a good day. Not a lot of difference in time, but i am more familiar with Erie than Pittsburgh. It's nice to meet another bandster from Pa. Which hospital are you using?

Happy birthday Phyll!

Welcome May!

Hugs, Pat

Pat - 100% is possible.... You can do it...

Restriction is a tricky thing. I think it is a very fine line between having enough, and having too much. I really don't know how to explain it to some of you newer people, but the band can be very fickle. Sometimes people feel like they can't eat anything, and some days, can eat anything they want. It took me many fills and a couple of unfills to get to what I thought was my sweet spot.

I hadn't had a fill in nearly a year and thought everything was perfect, until I started this throwing up in my sleep.

When I had the esophagram, the barium just sat in my esophagus, for over 15 minutes. It really made me wonder how long food was sitting in there, and why nothing ever felt stuck.

I know.....that fine line. I got a fill last thursday and I pb'd last night. It was horrible. It was just a bite of a potato. I just can't seem to burp. Have you ever tried taking Gas-x before you eat? Do you think that would help me or do you think I might be too filled?:)

Evening Girls....

Nope, Janet, I do not eat sweets but when I do baking and cooking, I try to do low fat and and bake as much as I can with splenda and whole wheat. You would not believe what fat free sour cream can do for whole wheat muffins and bars...makes them so moist you cannot tell there is whole wheat in them. My DH and the other guys don't even notice I am not baking with sugar.

Hope everyone had a good day. If I forgot to congrat you on your last scale victory, Long, sorry. You are doing so well.

Just hope everyone gets through Thanksgiving without getting down on themselves. A treat once in awhile is a good thing. But, what's even better is the power to get right back on track.

I know we all have things to be thankful for this season. The one thing that I am most thankful for is getting my health back to where it should be. I was truly scared a year ago. I think what keeps me on track is thinking back to that time now and then. It reminds me to never go back.

I know.....that fine line. I got a fill last thursday and I pb'd last night. It was horrible. It was just a bite of a potato. I just can't seem to burp. Have you ever tried taking Gas-x before you eat? Do you think that would help me or do you think I might be too filled?:)

Charlene - Was it a big bite - did you chew - were you eating slowly - did you eat something before the potatoes.

How has your other food been going down... I don't think the gasx is the trick - it's for gas not being stuck or going to help if you had one bite to many... That's usually when I pb or I have eaten too fast that will really do it.. Give me a little more info ..

Evening Girls....

Nope, Janet, I do not eat sweets but when I do baking and cooking, I try to do low fat and and bake as much as I can with splenda and whole wheat. You would not believe what fat free sour cream can do for whole wheat muffins and bars...makes them so moist you cannot tell there is whole wheat in them. My DH and the other guys don't even notice I am not baking with sugar.

Hope everyone had a good day. If I forgot to congrat you on your last scale victory, Long, sorry. You are doing so well.

Just hope everyone gets through Thanksgiving without getting down on themselves. A treat once in awhile is a good thing. But, what's even better is the power to get right back on track.

I know we all have things to be thankful for this season. The one thing that I am most thankful for is getting my health back to where it should be. I was truly scared a year ago. I think what keeps me on track is thinking back to that time now and then. It reminds me to never go back.

Apple - I love to hear what you cook... and now even want to eat it more - no sugar less fat - you are so right most pple don't know when you take out the sugar or fat...

You need to post some of your receipts - have you ever computed the calories (I gotta say I still watch them - or should say am aware of them)

Even with the loss of my baby bro - I still have things to be thankful for - My Son & family are in a good place (better than last thanksgiving) My GS is pretty darn good for a teenager. I have reconnected with my 2 nephew. I have all of you herewho have showed me so much love..

Janet, I have been thinking about why I might have pb'd. I think it is stress. I have been taking care of my mother in the hospital for the past week. She had conjestive heart failure. Then yesterday, I had to take her to a nursing home for rehab. I haven't driven on freeways at night in a long time. Well, I had no chose. Anyway, after I made it home, I ate fast food....a breakfst jack without the bun. It went down, but that bite of the hash brown....whew....it was bad. I pb'd off and on for an hour. Today, I have had cream of wheat, a cup of Soup, and tried to eat veggies and fish, but I can't burp, and got pains in my chest. I am better this evening. There again, it is better for me not to eat hard foods when I am under stress. My gut must swell or something. What do you think?

Janet...yep, I'm a calorie counter. Learned a long time ago that when keeping things in check...count calories. I don't do it daily because I am so used to estimating with what I eat now and have been more concerned about nutritional value since I got the band. When I cook or bake I usually know what the cal count is per 3-4oz serving.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. I cannot wait to have grandchildren to spoil and to spend time with. I just borrow the neighbor's children for the time being.

Your sf pie sounds wonderful. I make one similar but do it in cake pan and cut in squares. Have a great weekend!

Janet, I have been thinking about why I might have pb'd. I think it is stress. I have been taking care of my mother in the hospital for the past week. She had conjestive heart failure. Then yesterday, I had to take her to a nursing home for rehab. I haven't driven on freeways at night in a long time. Well, I had no chose. Anyway, after I made it home, I ate fast food....a breakfst jack without the bun. It went down, but that bite of the hash brown....whew....it was bad. I pb'd off and on for an hour. Today, I have had cream of wheat, a cup of Soup, and tried to eat veggies and fish, but I can't burp, and got pains in my chest. I am better this evening. There again, it is better for me not to eat hard foods when I am under stress. My gut must swell or something. What do you think?

Charlene - I think it was one bite too many along with the stess. I have never pb'd for an hour ususally comes up an I am done - stick with liquids/mushie and you should be just fine.. Hugs about your Mom - I have been there I know how hard it it - I gotta say that I was 36/37 when I was taking care of my Stepmom & Dad - so I did have youth on my side.. It's hard... Hugs & Prayers xoxo Janer

Janet...yep, I'm a calorie counter. Learned a long time ago that when keeping things in check...count calories. I don't do it daily because I am so used to estimating with what I eat now and have been more concerned about nutritional value since I got the band. When I cook or bake I usually know what the cal count is per 3-4oz serving.

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. I cannot wait to have grandchildren to spoil and to spend time with. I just borrow the neighbor's children for the time being.

Your sf pie sounds wonderful. I make one similar but do it in cake pan and cut in squares. Have a great weekend!

Ok I want some receipts and calories (that's why I was asking that question) so I know how much I can eat..

I am about nutrition to - but I do like my sweets from time to time...

Happy Bday Phyl!!!!. I too had a fill last week and had my very first PB. Not Good!. I either ate too fast or too much but it went on for an hour and finally all came up. I feel better now. Apples, I like to cook also but I think you cook alot more than I do. Joan Marie, sorry to hear about your baby dog. Just take care and enjoy as much as possible. I really can't believe the huge amount of interest I have stirred up with having this Lap band surgery. Ladies there are alot more of us women that feel bad about their weight than you can ever imagine. Everyone that asks me about it wants to get their weight off. I keep telling them (as Janet would say) it is a tool and you do have to do the work but it sure does help.

Beckyo:tt1:

Hello Everyone,

Be very careful about using fluoro. It can pack a lot of radiation. I know because I work in the radiology department of a hospital. Be sure to ask your doctor if he or she has a fluoro license. This is a big deal.

May, I think a lot of men have that reaction - fear you will leave him for another man... What he really should be concerned about is that you will remain heavy and unhealthy yourself and consequently shorten your own life. The healthier you are the better you will function in your life - and he will be able to function better, too. This change has to be scary for him - and of course the guys will seldom admit what they are really feeling if it is feelings of fear, esp the fear of loss of love. Your hubby will need a bit of cherishing, too, won't he... Hopefully you can cherish each other.

jOANN,

Yes, your are right abaout what he fears because I have recently starting taking care of my self again, teeth, eyes, etc. and no there is not any body else i just decided to take care for me and to be around a lot longer by caring about myself instead of hiding.. I have told h that I am not going anywhere and I don't want anybody else..I just have to show him over time he will see that all is okk, it is just that he has a problem, because of all the meds. he is on for his heart. there basicly is no sex life now because of this so that not does not help his fears all I can do is just keep telling him and showing him... I want to be healthy again and feel good, to clean my house without getting out of breath would be great and to play with my granddaughter .I would like to be around to see herr get married.. I am just 51 so it is over time to take care..

besides all this, have you aor anyone else been on Optifast? doc. told me this is what i will be on for pre op. when I get approved..does it taste okk??

I really can't wait to get this done.My family keeps asking me why at holiday time, and my simple reply is because I am ready ,don't care when it is just do it... I will survive will out all the sweets lol !!!

hope to talk to you again and thank u for all the input, I really helps to have someone to talk to as I cannot say a lot of thing at home, so thank you all again !!!

I cant hardly wait to start my new life , with the lap band. don't like all this waiting.

have a good

thanksgiving everyone.. Have to get started baking for my familys feast,, Hopefully last big holiday meal for me !!!!

to eat that is !!! :)