Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

My surgery went well on Tuesday. Just six incisions closed up with tape. Lost about 20 pounds before surgery. I am passing lots of gas, no problem...no gas pains. I love my "bags of peas" that I use for ice packs, love my liquid pain med, and just giggle out loud when I think that I am FINALLY on my way to losing weight FOR GOOD!!! My doc is pretty strict with liquids for two weeks, then Soups and yogurt for another two weeks before starting solid foods. I have been to two potlucks since Tues and another one tonight!! IT is a big thing in my life (specific Ethnic people in my cirlcels)...but workable. I just sit there in a "fog" sipping on my soy milk and Isopure thinking, did I used to eat that much food!! LOL I never want to be a reformed smoker type, I would never say anything to anyone...but no wonder I started out at 307 lbs. But now I am down to 288 lbs. YEA FOR ME...Praise the Lord!! :cool2: ChristyC

You're doing great, Christy!! I love the potluck story!!

I think you're using the wrong code for your ticker. Go back to "edit signature" and try doing a copy/paste on the one that is marked "BBC code". I'm pretty sure that's the one I used and it worked.

Hi Everybody - I was supposed to have had lapband surgery almost 2 years ago and due to cancellations (son in hospital) and other rescheduling problems, I think I'm almost there now. I had to re-do a Psych evaluation - the first one had expired. I told them I didn't go crazy since then but they didn't believe me! Just Joking....I know what it's actually for. So.........now I'm waiting on one last consultation call from the dietitian because they almost had me re-do those visits too. I said no way.........I couldn't afford anymore for now. Anyway.........then I get to go see the doctor again and hopefully a date will be set at that time so maybe I'm looking at the middle to end of June 2008. I do have to stay overnight the first night. I took Indiogirl55's advice and went to the Unjury link she posted. I ordered samples of the Protein Drink - cost a little over $10.00 but it's worth it because if I buy the a large quantity and then not like it....it'll be throwing money away. So thanks Indiogirl55.

YES, I am scared and will be so glad when it's all over with. The surgery, I mean. I know my lifestyle of eating habits will have to change. That's also scary BUT....as long as I'm not hungry and I see results - I'll be fine. I'm so glad this forum is out here. It really does help with a lot of questions and you people give great advice from your own experiences.

I wish everyone luck in losing the weight you want to.

Janelle/MsPriss4

I was banded yesterday and home the same day. DH has had me so busy walking, sipping, breathing excercises, napping I haven't had time to check in. He's a great nurse! I did have a hernia that they took care of, so hurt a little bit more than normal. I had to have DH stop the car just leaving the hospital to throw up. It doesn't hurt at all, and all the gas came up, so I've had no gas pain. They should have everyone do this before going home :cool2: Feel pretty good today, just sore, more from throwing up I think.

Thanks to you guys, I was never nervous, just excited and thought of you all day yesterday!!

Hi Christy,

I had my surgery on Tue. also. Only 4 incisions and was feeling pretty good till the meds wore off. I do not have any pain just a little sore. I just am feeling hungry and I just had some Fuse which contains low carb. and I feel a little better. I am on Clear Liquids until Mon. Then I will take my apple sauce and pudding and sit it on the grill and pretend I am at Bar-B -Que. :cursing: I finally begin to pass gas and was so excited. Who knew? I don't really like the was the pain meds I came home with make me feel so I don't even bother to take it unless I just want to sleep. Oh well continued success and hope to meet you in onederland.

Wow, we have a lot of new bansters... CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!! And welcome...All of you sound like you are doing great... Don't know if you like tea, but I love the Lipton Green Tea Honey. It's warm, soothing and no caffeine. Also the Bigelo Orange & Spice. I just can't drink crystal light or anything else with artifical sweetners. Hang in there and keep in touch!!!!

Teresa

Hi Christy,

I had my surgery on Tue. also. Only 4 incisions and was feeling pretty good till the meds wore off. I do not have any pain just a little sore. I don't really like the way the pain meds I came home with make me feel so I don't even bother to take it unless I just want to sleep.< /p>

Try some liquid Tylenol when you need to take the edge off.

36_1_42.gif

Hi agm1, I know how you feel. I felt pretty weak at first too although I was able to have my Protein Shakes after I got home from the hospital. If you feel up to it maybe make some homemade chicken broth, I think you get some Protein from that. It won't be long before you can have something besides liquids. Do call your Dr for advise. Hang in there, it will get better. Take good care. Becky

Hi all, thanks for all of your information regarding my headaches. It was definitely the Topomax. Since I have been back on it I have not had one. My only problem now is having a bowel movement. I had surgery last Monday (May 19) and I haven't had a bowel movement since the day before. :cursing: I know I am not eating solids, but babys don't eat solids and we all know what they can do. Any suggestions?

I tried some Isopure just now it is clear so hopefully that will help too. Today has just been a bad day as they warned would happen.

Sorry I haven't been on the site in a while, I have alot of catching up.23_34_2.gif How's everyone doing? I'm now a month post-op and down 14 lbs. and at a stand still. First fill not until 6/9 can't wait.

Before I go and read all the posts for the last week or so can anyone tell me what I can take for Constipation?

Is ok to take ex-lax?23_33_7.gif Be back later after I get done checking out how everybody has been doing.

Carol 8_13_107.gif 36_15_55.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNfox000

I had my surgery yesterday and can't imagine going home the same day. I am still very sore. It hurts to sit or lie down and it hurts to get back up again. Everything went very well. Dr. Zapata said it took about 30-35 minutes. That's incredible. My patient coordinator recommended TOKS for consumme tonight. I was so hungry. It was heaven. Probably shouldn't have, but it had the best shredded chicken and rice. I couldn't resist. I was so careful though and so far it agrees with me.