Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I know what you mean Janet. I am always being told I need new pictures. Then when someone takes one of me, I always look so much fatter in the picture. I have a really round face.

What do they say "the camera adds 10bs? It's more like 25 for me.

Janet, I think you look great! In the after full body photo you can see how relaxed and confident you are in your new body.

I have a full round face/cheeks. That was one of the things I hated most. I had so many overweight friends that never took a bad photo becasue you could never see their weight in their face, but me, ouch all pudgy cheeks.

I haven't taken a new photo yet to compare, but I'd rather wait another 15 pounds. We're going on vacation the end of this month, so I know there'll be photos taken then, so I guess I'll be able to see if there is a difference soon. And I won't be down 15 more pounds by then.

great pictures everyone. I only have one from last October and have yet to be able to size it right to post!

I put some of my work clothes on for my weekend away and was so pleased that I could zipper up the pants without sucking in or laying o the bed....Back to work on Wednesday so i have to get back to my closet and see what looks best, want to go back and look "good" I have had to buy sonme new shirts, already. my ones from before surgery are already hanging at the shoulders and are flowing very looses around mt belly and hips. yippee......

A positive attitude and body changes are the best reward over the scale, even hough we are all so conscious of the weight loss

:purplebananna:

Janet

You look fabulous! Your determination, persistence, and positive affirmation have done you proud!

Janet, you look wonderful! Congratulations on the results of your hard work. Thank you for posting your pics, they keep us all going.

xoxoCarol

Thanks everyone I have done research on the whole process but didn't actually know anyone who has been thru the Lap Band. Have people who went thru gastric bypass and talked with them. This website has been great and just by reading I am learning more and more. I see why the insurance companies have this "wait" period as it is a lot to get used to and understand. I was however unaware of the fill charge my doctor did not mention that at the time we spoke but that could be because I was not expecting this subject to be brought up. When I went to see the surgeon I never gave the Lap Band a thought. When I went to the seminar they didn't focus much on that just the complete bypass. I do have one question though what is "PB" mean - from what I have read it's not fun!

I want to reiterate what Janet said, take your time making the decision and READ, READ, READ.

I started my journey in July (like janet, we're friends) wih surg on 11th. after a year of researching. I have had 12 fills, no restriction, no weightloss to speak of... after investigation my surgeon found 2 holes in my tubing. THE FILL NURSE made them when doing fills. So to correct this I have now had a 2nd surgery to replace my Port and Tubing.

This second surg. was done 1 week ago and now I must start the fill process all over again at 2 wk intervals until I reach MY restriction. It has been disappointing, and I'b had to learn patience!!!!

The only thing that's kept me sane through this is the SUPPORT I receive here on the boards. And the fact that my Surgeon backs up what he says and promisied when I got my band. Follow up and fills for life.

They created the problem, and they fixed it no charge.... I can't really ask for more than that...

Good luck to you dear!

I have made the plunge. I just signed up for yoga classes. They start next month. I hope it will be a great way to try and tone up.

Dr would not clear me to start classes in April, bummer. but moving forward for a beter me...

Thanks gang for all your complements - I post them as I feel that the before & after pics (I'm not a real after yet but very close) do help motivate others. I'm no spring chicken as we all know about that being the 50 + thread :Dancing_wub:- but I just want to show that if you do the work that's required you can obtain your goals - your really really can.. The band does make the job a little easier - but the real work is up to you - healthy foods and exercise... You can't just rely on the band - this is where I think us older ones have the advantage - we have dieted most of our lives and we know what to do- it's just doing it that was the problem - well now we have all put ourselves under the knife - which is a BIG deal at our age and now we just use all that info we have learned over the years of dieting and we can now be successful in out endevores to be thinner & healthier...

P.S.

Oh no, Indio...was I supposed to have learned things in my life?!?!?

I hope so :thumbup::lol::thumbup: - Ok to be 30 again with the knowledge that I have now - watch out world.. Youth is wasted on the young :Dancing_wub:

you were suppose to learn (growing up) - It doesn't mean you have to practiced what you learned :drool::lol::laugh:

Thanks for posting your pictures - You look great!!! I will post mine some day, when I am as successful as you!!!

I needed a good talking to Janet. I have been hearing the Dairy Queen call my name. Those darn tv commercials.

I needed a good talking to Janet. I have been hearing the Dairy Queen call my name. Those darn tv commercials.

Ok Denise

When the frickin commercials come on switch the freaking channel - you have no excuses you control the remote at your house.:wub: The great privledge of being single.... :lol:

You know that the ice cream really doesn't taste as good as we imagine.

You got 5 lbs to go to your goal - and you know how hard these last 5 lbs are going to be and you have been having treats at all your baby showers (4/15 is almost here:biggrin:) So you have already had you 2% of treats for the last couple of weeks.

Go to the store buy some fruit (strawberries - canned peaches in lite surupy and some sf cool whip and make yourself a fruit salad with some cool whip on top and add some nuts or granola - or get some sf dannon lite & fit yogurt add the granola to that.. - go get healthy choice fudgecicles they are sf and only 80 calories and 3 grms pt.

Come on sweets - you don't need them - it's the power of positive thinking - Think how good those strawberries are going to taste with some cool whip on top - and add some splenda too - just think you will be getting your sweet fix and some vitimans too...

You don't need 800 calories for a stupid sunday or blizzard (we don't have dairy queen commercial - or if we do I haven't seen it) but heck you don't want to waste your calories on junk...

You are stronger than those commercials you are stronger than those stupid ad executies who just want you to waste your money and add fat to your body - You are strong look how far you have come !!!

Go eat some fruit & cool whip - or some yogurt - you will be happy and so proud of yourself for not caving - you are stronger than food - you can say no to that devil ice cream...

You are woman hear you roar :lol:

I know. I have been really good and sticking to my sugar free fudgesicles. Lately, I am on LBT so much, I just have the tv on the music channel.

I know that even if it tastes good, it will be gone in about 5 min and then I will be beating myself up.

My poor daughter. She said she is going to ask her doc to induce her at her appt. on thurs. I had to remind her that her due date isn't even until Monday! I can't even relate. Both mine were early so I don't know what it's like to be 9 months pregnant.

I know. I have been really good and sticking to my sugar free fudgesicles. Lately, I am on LBT so much, I just have the tv on the music channel.

I know that even if it tastes good, it will be gone in about 5 min and then I will be beating myself up.

My poor daughter. She said she is going to ask her doc to induce her at her appt. on thurs. I had to remind her that her due date isn't even until Monday! I can't even relate. Both mine were early so I don't know what it's like to be 9 months pregnant.

Be 9 months pg in July in the middle of the desert :lol::lol: and then only have a swamp cooler and no a/c :wub::lol:

Denise you will be so happy with yourself - once you get to your goal I will hear you yelling all the way to California (i forget are you washington or oregon - to me they are about one in the same - just like az & ca)