Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

great to see a place for the "over 50" crowd, even tough I don't feel that old.

I see there have been no posts since January, so not sure of any responses.

Surgery date is 3/19. and I am so anxious to get it done.

Anyone have some bits of wisdom for the first few days at home.

:rolleyes2:

When you get home, relax, WALK and SIP SIP SIP . . . then walk some more . . . keep moving as much as you can :rolleyes2: Good luck . . . keep us posted!

Good luck Lynn, you'll do great! Good advice...drink lots of Water (sip, sip, sip) and walk as much as you can (it will feel better in the long run).

Enjoy the journey!!

-Becky

great to see a place for the "over 50" crowd, even tough I don't feel that old.

I see there have been no posts since January, so not sure of any responses.

Surgery date is 3/19. and I am so anxious to get it done.

Anyone have some bits of wisdom for the first few days at home.

:shades_smile:

You must have not clicked on the next page. This is a very active thread!

For the first few days at home, walk around as much as you can if you have gas. Try to sip on liquids through out the day. I never really had any pain to speak of, and went back to work in a few days. I hope your recovery is as easy as mine was.

I'm so annoyed. I sent out a bunch of emails trying to get some info from local surgeons and most of the replies back I got weren't even worth the energy it took to read them. Grrrrr. Plus my medical group will NOT schedule me for what they call the "Bariatric Shared Group Medical Appointment" which is their equivalent of the free seminar other surgeons have. They are waiting to hear back from my insurance ... which I find hard to believe because I've never had to wait this long before for them to do a pre-auth.

I hate being in limbo.

I wish everyone had the money to pay for their own lap band surgery. I would have lost my mind if I had to wait to be approved. Once I made up my mind, I was having surgery the next month.

I am sorry they are giving you trouble. It's got to be frustrating!:shades_smile:

This is great. Seems we can all understand the real things in life. what the proper weight is for us. If I were to get to my "ideal" weight I would feel emaciated...I am hoping to get to 150# but am going to be realictic and take my weight loss goals in stages... I am so looking for ward to 3/19. I go for pre-op on Thurs, 3/6 and am trying to eat 2 meals a day as protien drinks. just to get "in the swing" of all that drinking.

Looks like everything is set for my banding party.......

any alternative suggestions for broths or soups... any variety is great.

This is great. Seems we can all understand the real things in life. what the proper weight is for us. If I were to get to my "ideal" weight I would feel emaciated...I am hoping to get to 150# but am going to be realictic and take my weight loss goals in stages... I am so looking for ward to 3/19. I go for pre-op on Thurs, 3/6 and am trying to eat 2 meals a day as protien drinks. just to get "in the swing" of all that drinking.

Looks like everything is set for my banding party.......

any alternative suggestions for broths or soups... any variety is great.

Lynn

What are your doctors instructions - that's what you have to go by - all of our doc's gave us diff post op instructions - I had to do full liquids (includes creamed Soups for 10 days - mushies for 10 days - soft 10 days and then regular.

My suggestion is to make some homemade soups prior to having surgery so they are done when you get home - just in case you don't feel like cooking cuz they taste better than the canned stuff

On the main page there is a food thread - it's full of receipts for each stage

Welcome we are happy to have you join us...

Would someone please tell me how to change the info on my ticker so it reads like IndioGirl's...meaning, says how much I weight and how much I have to lose. Mine says 244 gained 100 to go. I ask this before but I'm hoping someone will see it and have the answer. I tried different set ups on "ticker" but couldn't get the result I was looking for.

I'm all set for surgery on March 13th, can't wait. I'm on the 2nd day of my pre-op diet so it's all good.

I'd also have hated to jump hoops for insurance, I'm a self-pay and for me it's good because this is for ME and about ME so I'll certainly stick to it since I'm the one that paid for it. I know everyone can't be self-pay but insurance sure puts a damper on things for people wanting help.

Thanks everyone!

Would someone please tell me how to change the info on my ticker so it reads like IndioGirl's...meaning, says how much I weight and how much I have to lose. Mine says 244 gained 100 to go. I ask this before but I'm hoping someone will see it and have the answer. I tried different set ups on "ticker" but couldn't get the result I was looking for.

I'm all set for surgery on March 13th, can't wait. I'm on the 2nd day of my pre-op diet so it's all good.

I'd also have hated to jump hoops for insurance, I'm a self-pay and for me it's good because this is for ME and about ME so I'll certainly stick to it since I'm the one that paid for it. I know everyone can't be self-pay but insurance sure puts a damper on things for people wanting help.

Thanks everyone!

Lynn

got to edit signature - double click on ticker - it should take you to ticker.com and you will insert your password and hit edit - and correct the info that you inputted - I just tried to mess with mine - but couldn't get to the edit part - sometimes - no matter what you do you can't edit or it won't take right away - I have had to just start over - delete and redo using a new password.

Sorry I am not that much help - I am good at figuring it out but telling someone how to - without doing it step by step myself -

Thanks everyone!

My husband offered to pay if the insurance company denies me for some reason. The way I see it, we have paid premiums for over 30 years to the same company (we are self employed) and worth jumping through a few hoops if they will cover it. I do understand that not everyone's plan covers lap surgery and do admire people that self-pay. Makes a person very determined to make things work.

Good luck to you.

Hi Lynne! I had that same problem with mine. Janet gave great instructions. Also look at the first two options (Private Data or Public - mine is Private) and the next says "Track" pick Weight Change, then I'd recheck your weights. Hope that helps!

Congratulations on your surgery date! It's a very exciting time and so many emotions. You'll do great. I was banded January 10th, don't have any restriction yet (just one fill) but I'm doing well, I'm determined, sometimes I really have to work at the head hunger, but I know that my hard work will pay off and that when I get my fills to the right place, the band will help me keep it all off.

I was self pay also and that has also been an incentive at times, but I know that band is there, I'm conscious of it & it is a great feeling to feel in control. I think Janet calls her band her "interior motivator"! That is so true.

Best wishes to you!

Carol

Did you choose the right ticker? Did you want the weight loss or the BMI ticker? There are several choices. So try again!

Privacy Public Data

Track: this setting controls what is displayed on your ticker. Weight Change displays your weight loss. Weight displays your weight directly. Weight Change Weight

HERE'S WHAT MINE LOOKS LIKE - CK YOUR BOXES LIKE MINE AND IT SHOULD WORK

These were written by Jesse Ahroni who wrote the book: Laproscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding... and excellent book and the first one I read before making the decision to have the surgery.

Stages of Banding

. Discovering the Band

. Wondering if this is for me

. Investigation

. Doing serious research

. Joining a support group

. Getting hopeful

. Finding a doctor

. Shock at the price

. Deciding to do it

. Making the arrangements

. Wondering if you made the right decision

. Getting nervous

. Going ahead with it

. Waking up and wondering what the hell you did to yourself.

. Post-op discomfort

. Month of liquids- not being able to strictly adhere

. Wondering if you've been scammed again

. Seeing a little success

. Getting your first fill

. Changing your eating habits

. Seeing more success

. Getting second fill

. Really losing

. Seriously changing your eating habits

. Being totally euphoric about your weight loss

. Changing your thinking about eating

. Wanting to tell every fat person you meet about the band

. Realizing you really can't eat

. Worrying about nutrition

. Learning to eat healthy and wise

. Finding other ways to meet your emotional needs

. Realizing it takes a long time to lose 100lbs

. Trudging along

. My clothes are too big

. Buying new clothes

. Oops, I bought too much too soon...now these are too big

. Buying more clothes

. Getting near goal

. Enjoying all the compliments

. Feeling successful

. Getting aggressive

. Not taking crap from anybody

. Realizing you can be assertive without steam rolling everybody

. Finding balance

. Wondering what comes next

**There are other stages and everybody does not go through them in the same

order or even go through all the stages. Some people might have stages to

add....and there is some looping back and forth. But these are common stages

that Bandsters go through.

What a great thread, you are SO smart.... you put it so well.

Good day Ladies.

I've had a couple of really good days food wise.

I got another fill on Monday Mar 3rd and I think this MIGHT be it!!!!!

I can hardly eat anything and get full SO fast.... YEAH!!!

Maybe I'll be posting some losses this week finally... I can catch up to you I know I can