Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did it! I DID IT! I did it!!

I did it! I made it to goal!!!! I actually did it a few days ago, I am actually under by .5...I waited a few days because it seems so unreal to me. I knew from a Dr appt this week. I made it to what I thought a year ago was a freaking PIPE dream! I am so happy and so amazed. If *I* can do it, anyone can, trust me!

I want to motivate all of you that have ANY doubt or disbelief. If you want the band to work, and YOU WORK IT, it will work! :confused:

Before I was banded I was a food whore. I had hidden stashes, I ate probly 4000 or more calories on a good day. Bad days were upward to 6000!! I ate fast food constantly, I ate 3-4 candy bars a day. Coke, was a huge habit. At least a 12 pack a day. It is all done with.

I want you all to know what I have done is NOT a gimmick. I want you to know that yes, it was hard work but worth every second of it. I have a life again! YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

For those of you who want to know how, this is what I did (still do...lol)

I eat about 800-1200 calories per day. I haven't cut anything out, but bread and Pasta because they get stuck for me. I use shake, no matter what. I eat whatever I want in very small moderate portions. BUT I can tell you, I no longer really like fast food, it makes me ill to my stomach. Candy is not a demon anymore either. I even *GASP* have an occasional Coke now and then, but only about 1/4 of a can! I have deprived myself of anything, if I crave something long enough I do eat it. I have learned that life is better that way.

Please all of you doubting the band or yourself, please DO NOT give up! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Oh thank you thank you for the pep talk. I'm really beginning to have doubts about ever getting any restriction, much less losing any weight. Your letter is just what I needed!

You are an inspiration! Thanks for posting something so positive and inspiring as it makes me so excited for this year!

I am jealous! How did you lose your last 35 lbs? That is where I am. Any suggestions?

I got another fill, evne though everyone else thought I didn't need it and changed the workout from bike to treadmill.

Sounds good. I had another fill yesterday so I couldn't consume much today. I need to bump up the exercise for sure. Thanks for the tip.

BooBooKitty,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are an insperation for all of us that are just starting out with our bands!!!!!

:clap2:

Nice going, girl. Just what some of us needed to hear! For sure, me. Loved the pep talk and appreciate you sharing your positive story...

I sometimes do get discouraged. Mostly about getting the restriction just right and the pain of eating now that it needs adjusting down. SHEESH. I am mostly grateful for this amazing tool, and sometimes I just think, god, I wish my focus on this would end. Impatient. Ungrateful. Sometimes.

Thanks for reminding me to question what I am believing and feel the gratitude that having this band brings me .

YOU ROCK :kiss2:

Lisa

BooBoo

Thank you so much for your inspiration. I had my fist fill yesterday and have sat here most of today wondering to myself if I will ever make my goal in a year like I originally thought. You give me a renewed sense of it being possible with hard work and commitment. Thank you again you really are my hero for the day!!!!!!