Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Angelnurse's Lower Body Lift

LBL includes a lateral thigh lift (outer thighs). Medial thighs (crepy inner thigh skin) is usually done separately because there's a high risk of complication if you undermine the entire leg at once. (That's my PS's view anyway!)

I guess it's that I felt every single procedure I did was reconstructive and not cosmetic. I felt the TT/BL were even more than reconstructive and bumped all the way up to necessary. I'm an extreme case though, starting at 33 years old with a BMI of 68. 5'1 and closer to 400 lbs than any other century marker, well, leaves its mark. I suppose the ease of access and affordability of having a PS as a father play a role too. I certainly don't advocate this much surgery for every band patient (not that you're implying I do -- I'm pontificating). But, I wouldn't give up any one of my procedures, even in hind sight!

Your drain won't even hurt for a minute. More like 5 seconds, if that. Good luck with getting it out! My drains came out yesterday and my stitches come out today and then it's shower time. Ahhhh!

Julie-I only had one drain removed as I had a little swelling above the incision around my pubic area and the Doctor was concerned that it was excess Fluid and decided to keep one drain in until Monday. He likes to be very cautious (spelling?). It burned like a hot poker when the Nurse removed the drain but only for about 20-30 seconds, at least I know what to expect on Monday. They were very pleased with the way I was healing. They won't take "after" pictures at least 3 months and maybe more like 6 months post-op. I am getting my "before" pics on Monday but don't think I'll post them until I have an "after" to compare with.

I could take showers 2 days after surgery, I don't think I could wait as long as you've had to. No sutures for me just the skin glue. Enjoy your shower!

Alynne - I'm glad I found your thread. I'm sure your results will be amazing. You know how we all love pictures, so please post some when you can. Even though the photos can make you feel kind of exposed, just remember how much it helps other people. And it will also help you to fully realize your progress if you have visual evidence of all the changes in your body. A year from now someone will ask you about the procedure and you won't remember precisely how you looked or felt at any given time, so this thread is a great way to memorialize the whole journey.

I may have a Tummy Tuck, breast lift, and possibly an inner thigh lift in the future and am hoping none of them will be as painful as the arms were for me. I also had those "what the hell have I done to myself" moments, but as soon as I saw how small my arms were, those thoughts vanished. And, yes, the drains are a terrible nuisance. I was lucky -- mine were not at all painful to remove.

Alynne - I'm glad I found your thread. I'm sure your results will be amazing. You know how we all love pictures, so please post some when you can. Even though the photos can make you feel kind of exposed, just remember how much it helps other people. And it will also help you to fully realize your progress if you have visual evidence of all the changes in your body. A year from now someone will ask you about the procedure and you won't remember precisely how you looked or felt at any given time, so this thread is a great way to memorialize the whole journey.

I may have a Tummy Tuck, breast lift, and possibly an inner thigh lift in the future and am hoping none of them will be as painful as the arms were for me. I also had those "what the hell have I done to myself" moments, but as soon as I saw how small my arms were, those thoughts vanished. And, yes, the drains are a terrible nuisance. I was lucky -- mine were not at all painful to remove.

enterprise-My next surgery will be a BL, but I have to wait 6 months between procedures as well as save some $.

Are you pleased with the results of your brachioplasty? I have some hanging skin, but decided it's something I can live with.

enterprise-My next surgery will be a BL, but I have to wait 6 months between procedures as well as save some $.

Are you pleased with the results of your brachioplasty? I have some hanging skin, but decided it's something I can live with.

Yes, I'm very pleased even though the incisions still look gross and I still have some pain. The doctor left a little more fat around my elbows than I would have liked, but he felt it was best not to take the incisions any farther down my arms. He believes the plump area at the elbows will even out over time, and I think he's probably right.

The breast lift is the procedure I have the most doubts about, primarily because my boyfriend loves my breasts just the way they are. He's already very upset about the brachioplasty because it's caused me so much pain, and more plastic surgery may push him over the edge. He honestly thinks I'm perfect just the way I am, so I have a hard time getting him to understand why I want plastic surgery. But on the other hand, I'm incredibly lucky to have a guy who loves me for me.

Yes, I'm very pleased even though the incisions still look gross and I still have some pain. The doctor left a little more fat around my elbows than I would have liked, but he felt it was best not to take the incisions any farther down my arms. He believes the plump area at the elbows will even out over time, and I think he's probably right.

The breast lift is the procedure I have the most doubts about, primarily because my boyfriend loves my breasts just the way they are. He's already very upset about the brachioplasty because it's caused me so much pain, and more plastic surgery may push him over the edge. He honestly thinks I'm perfect just the way I am, so I have a hard time getting him to understand why I want plastic surgery. But on the other hand, I'm incredibly lucky to have a guy who loves me for me.

IMO you shouldn't have any PS for anyone but yourself. Some people just don't understand how you feel about certain body parts even if they think you look perfect just the way you are. I didn't have my LBL lift for anyone but me. I look okay clothed and foundation garments can hide a multitude of "sins", but I wanted it for me. The BL isn't a absolute, I can "tuck & roll" the girls into a bra, but I the option of looking better naked. Your VERY lucky that your boyfriend is so supportive. I have very supportive family & friends that understood why I wanted & needed the LBL for me.

Alynne: Glad your drain removal didn't hurt too bad. Is the drain above your pubic area painful to have in? Are you anxious to get it out?

Alynne: Glad your drain removal didn't hurt too bad. Is the drain above your pubic area painful to have in? Are you anxious to get it out?

Karey-The drain isn't usually painful, but every once in a while it'll get pinched or pulled and that doesn't feel good. I won't miss it when it's gone.

Hi Angel,

I hope that you are feeling better today and that you can have the drains out soon :)

I totally agree with what you say about the motivations for having surgery, if you are going to get through the pain you have to be sure why you are doing it!

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures, there is nothing like a side by side to help you see what a huge difference it will have made to you.

Are you sleeping ok? A friend of mine is tossing up whether to have a FTT or a LBL at the moment and she is worrried about the recovery with a 360 scar, kind of wondering how you sleep without squishing stitches!

Please keep us up to date with how you are getting on.

Nina x

Hi Angel,

I hope that you are feeling better today and that you can have the drains out soon :)

I totally agree with what you say about the motivations for having surgery, if you are going to get through the pain you have to be sure why you are doing it!

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures, there is nothing like a side by side to help you see what a huge difference it will have made to you.

Are you sleeping ok? A friend of mine is tossing up whether to have a FTT or a LBL at the moment and she is worrried about the recovery with a 360 scar, kind of wondering how you sleep without squishing stitches!

Please keep us up to date with how you are getting on.

Nina x

Nina-As for your friends decision on the TT or LBL the surgeon can help her decide which one will give her the best results. I think it just depends on how much the buttock and outer thighs are "drooping". As for the sleeping, I'm doing okay, but I'm a "side sleeper" and it isn't comfortable to sleep on my sides yet. I've tried a few times, but am more comfortable on my back with pillows under my knees to flex my hips.

Alynne: I just wondering if you had any kind of unfill before your surgery? I just saw my band doc yesterday and she said not too, but she doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Alynne: I just wondering if you had any kind of unfill before your surgery? I just saw my band doc yesterday and she said not too, but she doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Karey-The Doctor didn't touch my band and I haven't had any problems with food or fluids. I was a little nauseated in the hospital, but I think that was the anesthesia and they gave me something for that.

Thanks for the info, I think it's running about 50/50 for being a little unfilled to leaving it alone. I guess I'll be leaving it alone since that's what my band doc wants. If I get the lower profile port, she said she would fill it to the existing level. Very interesting!

Thanks for replying Angel. Hmmm its a toughy, he said that she would get better results with a LBL but that it wasnt bad enough for her to need one if you know what I mean. I dont think she will make her mind up until the pre-op. Her DH isnt keen on the LBL though and I think that may sway her.

How are you sleeping now? Is it still sore? Are you drain free and footloose or still a bit ropey?

Nina x

Thanks for replying Angel. Hmmm its a toughy, he said that she would get better results with a LBL but that it wasnt bad enough for her to need one if you know what I mean. I dont think she will make her mind up until the pre-op. Her DH isnt keen on the LBL though and I think that may sway her.

How are you sleeping now? Is it still sore? Are you drain free and footloose or still a bit ropey?

Nina x

Nina-Just got back from the Doctors. I thought I had gotten a seroma, a collection of Fluid just under the skin,just above my pubic incision. The Doctor didn't think so, but tried to aspirate some Fluid, no fluid, but will keep the drain in until this Friday. Would like to have the drain out, but I can handle it, just glad I didn't have a seroma. He said the incisions were healing very well. I felt much better after seeing him, I'm just very swollen. I actually slept on my sides the whole night. It felt great to get off my coccyx as I don't have much padding there and the incision over my tailbone area is a little sore. The LBL is a bigger surgery, longer recovery, but the way I look at it, more bang for your buck!