Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dazzle feeling Frazzled

Hello everyone, I am two days away from surgery day. I am hungry and anxious. I havent lost much weight during pre-op diet and am feeling a bit nervous. I have heard that the doctor will reschedule if theres too much fat around the liver. I hope this doesnt happen to me. I am joining this forum to be inspired to stick with pre-op diet. Is there anyone out there who struggled with their pre-op diet? I am very excited about my sugery. I have been reading testimonials and hope that I can be one of those. I will continue with my sruggle and hope that my surgery and band will free me with this perpetual fight with hunger. .....love to hear from anyone, Dazzle:wacko:

Hello everyone, I am two days away from surgery day. I am hungry and anxious. I havent lost much weight during pre-op diet and am feeling a bit nervous. I have heard that the doctor will reschedule if theres too much fat around the liver. I hope this doesnt happen to me. I am joining this forum to be inspired to stick with pre-op diet. Is there anyone out there who struggled with their pre-op diet? I am very excited about my sugery. I have been reading testimonials and hope that I can be one of those. I will continue with my sruggle and hope that my surgery and band will free me with this perpetual fight with hunger. .....love to hear from anyone, Dazzle:wacko:

Hi Dazzle,

Anyone who says that they didn't struggle with the pre-op diet is kidding themselves - or was on a very easy one. I was on Optifast for 4 weeks and I slipped off the wagon a couple of times - still had the surgery at the beginning of December so don't beat yourself up too much. There's only 2 days left so you need to stay strong for only another 48 hours - only 2 more sleeps and I have confidence in you doing this. Think of the reward at the end of all this - you will lose weight and won't feel hungry either. It really is worth the effort.

I have my blog address below, if you go there you'll see that you are not alone in how you feel at the moment.

Good luck with your surgery and post us with how you are getting along.

Danna:whoo::clap2:

Hi Dazzle,

What kind of pre-op diet are you on? In all honesty, mine wasn't that bad. I was on the sugar busters diet for 2 weeks. I was very fortunate not to have to do a liquid diet. Hang in there, I know it is rough right now, but just think about how much healthier you will be. Good luck with your surgery and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I have to agree with Danna, whenever calorie restriction is cut so dramatically, it makes most of us miserable!!!! You do the best you can, and yes, there are docs who will refuse to move ahead but that is usually if the person loses no weight or even gains, usually, of course every doctor is going to be different. It all depends on what his surgical experience has been with others. If he had a problem with someone with a fatty liver, that would seem to make him a bit more conservative.

Anyway, hang in there, it will be so worth the torture you are having to put yourself through right now. You are so very close now and that light at the end of the tunnel must be getting brighter for you.

I wish you well with your surgery, keep us posted.

Cindy

Thanks to all of you for replying. I didnt ave my surgery, cause of insurance reasons. I will not be able to have it unti Janurary the 16th. I am so blue right now. But I will keep on posting and reading.

Don't give up. Think of it this way by postponing until the 16th you have more time to lose weight before surgery. I was on a liquid diet for two weeks and I went off a couple of times but only to eat things like grilled chicken breast which is low cal and high Protein. When I was miserable I told myself that every pound I lose pre-op is a pound gone forever and puts me that much closer to goal! You can do it:whoo:

My pre-op diet starts next week. Luckily I do not have to go on an all liquid diet. Mine will consist of only 70-100 grams Protein and 30 grams or carbs. Yesterday I started with just doing 1200 cals a day or less just to get ready for it. I have the support of my hubby since he is starting a program at work also next week (he wants to win the $500 prize) but my teenage daughter has not choice BUT to go along. There will be no junk in my house starting next week (she works-drives and can get her own).

Hope everyone has a great and rewarding 2008!!!

Hi Dazzle,

I was on a 2 week liquid only diet and was pretty miserable. To make matters worse, I actually gained about 4 pds. because I didn't pay attention to how much sodium was in the Soup I was having. Once I stopped having soup i was able to take a few pds. off. I had my surgery without a problem. I'm sorry about your insurance issue. Look at it as an opportunity to start over. Hang in there!

Jenn

I'm sorry to hear you were rescheduled. They rescheduled me too. I was rebellious and went out to eat the night they called me, going off of my liquid preop diet. (for that day only). That meant ANOTHER week of liquids for me. But, I DID make it through. I can't tell you HOW many nights I laid awake in bed pondering on it. But, you have been rescheduled. Just focus on what lies ahead. FYI - once you get banded, then you will be focused on when you can get your first fill - seems like there is ALWAYS something you have to wait on! (and I've NEVER been good at waiting). But, the road ahead can only be better for us. HANG IN THERE IT WILL GET BETTER!

All of you guys are right. I am not focusing on what I need to. I will be back on track and thanks for your inspriations and hope. We have to stick together. I can't wait. candy, i was looking at your stts and you are doing fantastic. Way to Go.