Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in the New Year

Hi Gang.

I was in Vegas this past weekend. It started out being a planned LBT thing, but everyone fell through...all but one woman, Paula who lives there. She met me and my SO out and took us around to different places and chatted my ears off! She was so great! If you go to Vegas and you like meeting new people, she is very good people.

We are taking my DD to the indoor Water park in 2 weeks. Again I'll be hooking up with a different woman I met on LBT who I cycled with last summer. Our daughters are close in age and the park is half way between me and her, so WOOT WOOT.

I haven't stepped on a scale so I don't know what kind of damage I've done, but truly my band gives me good restriction unless I actively try to eat around it, which I don't do generally. It's just so hard changing one's point of reference about food. We went to a buffet for our first meal this weekend and I was like whoa, never again. Yeah I didn't eat like I used to, but I ATE!!! The SO wanted to go again for Breakfast (She's skinny btw) and I was like all I need is an egg and toast and I'm not buying a buffet to get that! UGH.

One day the struggle won't be as hard. I know it won't.

LOL, Juli... I know what you mean about buffets! We went to them all the time when I was a kid, so as an adult I've really hated them anyway, but especially as a bandster, it's so pointless!

Today I just didn't feel like going to my gym, which is a bit of a drive and it's all snowy here in Spokane, so I decided to go for a run, as much as I could, and walk between. In the snow. What was I thinking? :lol: LOL. Actually it wasn't that bad, I only ran where the sidewalks were pretty much shoveled, to reduce the likelihood of landing on my ar$e, and I'd guess I ran about 12 min out of the 30 I was out there, walked briskly the rest of the time. My HR was still pretty high by the time I got back, so I must have done some good. It's freakin cold out there, though! I know you guys in the Northeast might think I'm a weenie, but that's cause I am...I'm from western Washington, where dropping below freezing is a state emergency, and our daytime temps in Spokane have been in the low 20s, at night around 12. That's too cold for this gal. I'd never last a winter in Alaska or Wisconsin or Michigan!

This morning my landlord almost burned the house down trying to thaw my pipes to the kitchen...smoke was billowing into my kitchen from the basement, sure enough the heater he was using caught the wall on fire! :yikes:He put it out and it's all better now, but that is just another reason not to live where it gets this cold.

Ah well...my weight is holding steady, despite TOM on its way this week, AND eating out all weekend in Portland (ahhh, sushi!) so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Next goal...50 lbs down..that's around the corner!

whitepants

Well, I did try out the scale and have decided to return it.

I'm not sure where they got their nutrition information, but it seemed to be off from what I'm reading on the food label. Unless your weighting a straight forward food like fruits and vegetables, I find it just as useful to read the labels. ie..my DH weighed his vanilla icecream and it was off by 150 cals and 5g fat from the label.

Hanging in there with my weight. This winter has really got me down for some reason. I miss riding my bike. I'd really like to get some x-country skis.

My blood pressure is back up again. I've been checking it daily, an average reading is 154/91. My PCP took me off meds 8 mos ago.

This weekend I had my 1st Migraine in almost 3 years.

Women that have migranes with an aura and HBP are 7 times more likely to have a stroke. I had one 3 years ago. So, I really need to get this BP under control. I really thought my WL would take care of it.

gotta run

Thanks for the update. I'm disappointed too. Had stopped looking for one, waiting for your report on how it worked. I'll stick to my 15 yr old wt watcher's scale.

Sorry to hear about your medical setback. Why don't you do some checking into seeing if you may have food allegeries now. This may be from losing weight and not the onset of pressure Migraines. Of course you and the doctor will be able to tell better. If you need to go back on meds, maybe it may be at a lower dosage till it gets back under control.

Can you plese explaine it "aura"? Feel Better.

I only went to a buffet once since being banded. I didn't do to bad, but it was eveident that I was not at restriction. Glad to hear that you had a great time Oh Juli.

I haven't gone to a restrauant since being banded. It's going to be interesting. I usually have lunch at a Chinese Rest., which we share a meal. It's during lucnh so don't have much time to lounge. It'll be a challenge when I do.

I try out the new gym equip. today. Will be going 3x a week instead of two. Cooked up a batch of foods yesterday. I'll only need to dish it out at night so I'll be able to get to work ontime.

Well, everyone keep those challenges up.

Gwen,

I need to take some time to cook batches of food. What did you make? I tend to make chilis and Soups, but after four days of chili I get tired of it. I need new ideas.

Dems,

Why can't I remember your real name? Let us know what your doc says about the BP. It's hard to winter in Michigan. It gets so cold and yucky outside and it's so freaking beautiful the rest of the year. Try to keep looking forward to spring.

:tongue:

JUST WANTED TO STOP BY AND SAY HELLO

I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL, I'M HANING IN THERE I DECIDED TO TRY ON SOME SIZE 12 PANTS AND YES I CAN ZIP THEM AND BUTTON THEM BUT IT'S KINDA TIGHT.. NOT SURE HOW MUCH i WEIGHT AT THE MOMENT GONNA TRY AND FIND OUT BY THE END OF THE WEEK.

TALK TO EVERYONE SOON.

Thanks for your concern everyone.

An Aura happens before the actual onset of a Migraine headache. It causes visual changes, blind spots, tunnel vision and zigzag lines, it's very hard to see, bright lights normally trigger mine. It can last from 5 minutes for up to an hour.

White pants, you'll do fine dining out. I usually order a normal dinner, usually salmon, my fav! and have enough left over for 2 more meals, what a bargain!

Hoping to see the Dr. on Saturday about my BP.

Thickchick...congrads on the size 12!!!!! horray for you!

OH Juli have fun at the Water park!

Mary

Mary, Thanks. I think I knew that, but then I thought I might be wrong so I asked.

Tia, WOOT WOOT! You're doing great!

OK...went to the Dr. today. I was really nervous because I thought I had until 2/12 (I had forgotten today's appt., until the call yesterday) to work better on things. (I maintained over the holiday, no loss). I know it sounds crazy, but in a way, going to my Dr. seems like being sent to the principal's office and being the "good student" I freak! So, I was hoping the #'s would be better than before.....AND THEY WERE!!!!!

I was down 8lbs!!! :) I am so pleased. It may be going down slowly, but it's going down. WHOO HOOO!!!!

Ok, carry on...

Annette :lol:

Hey, dropped another 3 lbs. So I hyped up to lose more now.

Oh Juli, I made enough food to last 2 weeks. curry chicken legs, turkey meat w/ sauce, stewed wingettes, marinating scallops, shrimps and fillets, green Beans & tomatoes, peas & carrots. The carbs I'll cook as I go along. If I cook up alot I'll eat alot.

thickchickTEXAS, congrats on getting into that sz 12. A new goal for you to look forward to. Hope to hear that you're feeling comfortable in them. When I felt comfortable in my jeans was when I had enough confidence to wear them out of the house.

slikchik10, I know what you mean by comparing the doctor to the principal. But, what keeps me from feeling bad, is that there are patients who are not doing as well, 'cause they may not be really trying. Hoping the band will do the work for them. So, keep up the good work.

Let's stay the course. We're on our way to a new us.

:lol:I got a fill yesterday and guess what...

:ohmy: I AM NO LONGER CONSIDERED MORBIDLY OBESE!!!!:smile::smile:

Hey All,

Oh Juli, I was just looking at your ticker. I'm and really inspired by anyone losing over 100 lbs. Did you feel a sense of nervousness/anxiety when you reached there? I feel that I'll be a nervous wreck, jittery, anxious and a little scared that I actually lost that much weight.

I have 40 lbs to get there and already I'm getting anxious.

Congrats Jeni 85. You're doing great.

Hope everyone has great success this week.

Thanks!!!

And in my case i cannot wait to reach the 100lbs lost mark...

Way to go Juli!!!

WOW! It looks like everyone is doing great. Way to go Texas, Whitepants and Jeni.

I am thinking about a fill in Feb. I don’t eat a lot but I am not staying full. We will see. It could just be the weather and that I am letting head hunger get to me.

Juli-Sound like you had a fun trip. We are trying to plan something for this summer, but no one can decide what we want to do or where we want to go. My dh want to take two week and just drive. My dd wants Disney. My ds doesn’t care and I want to either go gold panning, diamond mining or gem hunting. I love treasure hunting trips.

Whitepants-I have moments where I want the band to do all the work. Then I realize that it’s not going to. It just seems so hard at times. I know that I need to exercise and watch what I eat and I try to do just that. Then I will have a night (or two) where I just do want to do it. It’s like before banding, when I would get tired of dieting and exercising. Then I remember what a very wise woman told me “YOU HAD SURGERY!!!” That usually will get me up off my butt and back on track. Thanks once again Juli.