Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in the New Year

Janine, coming here and expressing your issues can be very therapuetic to us. For our life issues plays a major part on our health and we as caregivers need to be at our best. I had said earlier coming here to vent is as therapuetic as going to a therapist. 1. we see come here when we can, 2. it's free 3. others can relate to what's bothering us.

And we can get honest straight forward advice and empathy.

From dealing with our mates, with or without their help is very taxing. Just when you think you're at your wits end someone says something that makes you see you are handling thngs right. You may even be able to see and solve your own problems. Especially with what weapons we have at hand.

And for having teenage children as we see, is no easy job. No matter what age our children are. There was a time my now 16 yr old had become friends with a fast moving classmate, a worried parent, police and fire departments and a housing violation summons come to my house. Not to mention numerous calls from school. All this in a span of 2 years. Things have calmed down now.

They do try our nerves, but we won't let them win. For if they win we lose in our struggles to get control over our weight.

But I wished I had a place like this to come to. For that was a time I had begun to be serious about losing weight. Since I'm an emotional eater, those two years did not help me much. But since the band and being on sites like this I feel more confident that I will make it. And so will you. So don't fret, we understand how you're feeling. We may not know how you're feeling, but we understand.

We're here for each other.

Kids really do try us, don't they? Mine are pretty much out of the house now but I still worry about them, of course. I heard someone say once that the hardest time of life is being 14. Then some wise person added, "No, the hardest time of life is being the mother of a 14-year-old!" I have to agree.

My oldest is 38 and has bi-polar disorder. We wondered for a long time if she would ever be able to live independently, hold down a job, keep her spending in check, etc., etc. But she is! And has been for about 5 years now. When I get worried again or concerned because she doesn't have money for her meds or whatever, I have to remind myself of how far she has come and how great she is doing. We're very grateful.

Another of my children (age 21) had a baby this summer. Not married but living with the father. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer and has to have pieces of her cervix removed so she decided she wanted to have a baby before the surgery because she probably can't afterwards. So she got pregnant. But, again, I count my blessings that she now has a beautiful little boy, she's a great mother, and she and the baby's father are together and seem happy. He came for Christmas and said it was the best Christmas he has had in over 10 years. I am with you, Janine, this is immoral in my mind but I love the three of them and am happy that their lives are working out--of course I worry, though!

I could go on and on about our challenges through the years. We've been called twice because two different kids were arrested because they possessed marijuana. Refused to bail them out--felt they had to face the consequences.

But I could also go on about our triumphs. Most of the kids have gone to graduate school (two are now getting their master's degrees at Columbia), one graduated from her eMBA program as valedictorian (she was one of my greatest challenges--my nemesis, if you will) and is a wonderful mother and wife as well as having a great job at UBS, etc., etc.

I guess my point is: we're all here to listen--no matter what pain we are each experiencing and no matter how bad things seem at the time, there's always a bright spot to be grateful for. Time mends, heals, and improves these rebellious souls (and us, too, along the way). Those child-rearing years are a blur to me now as I sit and read stories, sing, and rock the most incredible grandchildren in the world. Dessert! It was all worth it.

This Christmas all 25 family members were here--kids, spouses, so's, grandkids--it was amazing. One day when everyone was preparing for Christmas, fixing Christmas eve dinner, babies crying, kids running, snowball being thrown, etc., one of my daughters turn ed to me and winked. We both started laughing at the chaos and she said, "On days like this, do you wonder what in the world you were thinking to have this many kids?" I tearfully and honestly replied, "No, on days like this I KNOW why I did it and I wouldn't have it any other way." That's the truth.

Oh Juli,

I went to the BodyBugg website. Unless I overlooked it, is there some way I can access the 12 week program without having to pay for the entire program?

Oh Juli,

I went to the BodyBugg website. Unless I overlooked it, is there some way I can access the 12 week program without having to pay for the entire program?

No you've got to buy the arm band and pay for the sight.

Some people love it. I'm about finished with it. I'm fickle I guess.

Marchies

Happy New Years!!! I hope everything is great with everyone. I went to the doctor and they didn't give me a fill. They reported that I had been on a good track as far as my weight loss process. Everything is going great with my workout routine.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. This weekend, my husband told my that my "ass was really getting smaller". So I asked him if he liked it, his reply was "Oh yeah!" So I said "What, you didn’t like it when it was larger?" Backpedal, Backpedal, stammer, stammer, stammer. I starting laughing and had to reach up and give him a hug and a kiss and told him thank you for the compliment. He looks down at me and says, with love mind you, "You’re such a b***h". Needless to say, I started laughing again. I love it when I can make my 6' 2", 240 lb, former bad boy biker husband stammer. And needless to say, I felt really good that he noticed my smaller ass.

Mrs. Husker, you're so bad, so bad. Nice to see he's paying attention. Keep up the good work.

Just want to share this. I think I'm reaching my restriction. I experienced again today, what I hope will be the last PBing. I had oatmeal and banana for Breakfast went down okay. Thinking this problem was a morning thing, I didn't eat lunch till after 1 pm. Well, the steamed chicken thigh went down okay. Was looking for the experience to happen then, but it didn't. When time to eat the leg, that's when all hell broke loose. The sensation was worse than last week. I took extra small bites, so small a baby could of chewed it. It felt like it was swelling in my chest and burning, oh the burning. Took a sip of Water and that was the worse thing to do. I know now what the gurgling feels like, the chicken felt like it was fizzing, couldn't burp, hurt to swallow, slouching over to help relieve the pain, (did not work), couldn't breath, etc. Couldn't find the Beano, so I took a Zantac type pill, not sure if it helped or not.

Juli, I experience that saliva you mentioned. Good thing the garbage pail was by. It's a wonder I didn't up-chuck my insides. Only thing that came up was the water I drank and maybe the pill. And more Fluid came up than what went down. I did alot of spitting. This time it took longer to recover. I was afraid to finish my lunch. So, I don't think it's a morning thing, just the first few bites of anything solid, or tends to be dry (maybe).

Had no problem with dinner. Went down okay. Now, how to get around those first few bites?

Horrible, Horrible. And to think I want another fill? I going to rethink that. Or maybe just have a .1cc fill. I don't know.

I'm bond to lose weight now.

Everyone have a good night's sleep

Whitepants, it may be what they call "first bite syndrome." My dr. says to take a bite while I'm cooking or before I go out to dinner and chew it forever. Then wait 10 minutes or so before trying to eat again. I find when I do that twice, I can eat normally (still have to chew and chew, though).

I am tighter in the mornings than evenings so I have to go really slow. Drinking a hot cup of tea or sugar-free hot chocolate really helps.

My nurse says that the band is kind of like your rings on your fingers--sometimes they are tighter than others just like the band is. Hard to tell when things might not go down. She says to cut meat, chicken, etc. into M & M sized pieces and then chew them until they are gone. That usually works.

Adding Water or a drink to a full pouch is always disastrous to me. One thing that helps me is papaya enzyme. I've also heard that pineapple juice helps but I haven't tried it myself.

Good luck! I think the pain and pb-ing is the band doing it's behavior modification job!

Hey Marchies,

so im starting to panic a little...

I started this full time job about two months ago.. and it was hard for me to get into routine of things to start exercising again..

well tomorrow i start taking classes 2 days a week at nights so.... im afraid this will interfere with my exercise.:eek:

and i am determined to hit my goal of 165 by aug 1... :smile:

how do i balance out full time job, school, and having "me time" (working out ect.)

Hi Guys

Thank you so much for your warm words. Mamma Lampert you had me crying, your writing is so touching. You should be so proud of your childrens accomplishments. I know what your saying about those special times. On Christmas eve we were at a hotel. I am as bad as the kids with tearing off my clothes, putting on my bathing suit and literally running down the hallway with the kids to the swimming pool. Dh, all 3 teen sons, 6 year old daughter and myself jump into the pool. There was plenty of laughter, splashing, and wonderful family time, there is not a place I would have rather been. Whitepants and Julie thanks for reassuring me too, you guys are all the best.

OK, fast question when you exercise to you ever shake? What is that?

Nighty Night everyone.

What do you mean by shake? I jiggle, but I think you mean from muscle exertion. (Sp!)

describe.

Oh and the pool!!!! We are taking kiddo to an indoor Water park in a few weeks and I know I'll like it just as much as her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Janine, you're welcome. We're here for each other and ths also let you know the problems we're all experiencing in our lives. The situation may be different, but the principle is the same.

As for the shaking it was furing exercising. When I've added more weights to the gym machines or did more heavier/longer reps, And don't forget you're to rest 30 to 60 seconds between exerciese/reps and stretch before and after exercising. And pleny Water during. Also, did you eat aleast an hour before exercising?

Jeni 85, don't forget, at some time during the day, you will be taking some type of break. Use that time to exercise. Even if it's only 5 minutes, during a commerical ( leg lifts, flexing your ankles), standing in line (calf toe raises), bathroom time (squats), you can get exercises in anytime and place. Use your textbooks as weights, can food foods, juice containers, something, anything. Some exercise is better than none. Then when you can work in a plan, take advantage of it.

Momlambert, I'm going to cut up my pieces like m&m sizes today and see how they go down. chicken legs again. Fish on Wednesdays and Fridays. What else could be next? Talking about a journey, this sure is one full of knew adventures and obstacles.

Oh, Juli, what other free website have you visted that have meal plans and trackers? I didn't know I had joined Fitday already, I just never accessed the site once I'd joined.

Hope you and your daughter have great fun at the pool... I hope to have more confidence and get in the Water this year. I was ready last year but didn't get there.

Well, everyone have a good and successful day.

Thank you whitepants for your enouraging words..... .. maybe ill squeeze in time in the am before work to go to the gym.... i have to hit goal this year!!! :clap2: thinking optimistically.." i will make goal":biggrin:

Good Morning Everyone,

lunch went better yesterday. Breakfast went down okay, oatmeal again. About an hour before lunch I drank a cup of tea, like you said Momlambert. Took m&m bite size and waited for a reaction. There were none. Did this for the firt ten minutes, then was able to eat the rest of my lunch. When all possible, I'll drink something hot first if possible.

lala3000, that's good what the doctor told you. Keep up the good work. That happened to me in the beginning and it's a good feeling.

Have a good day everyone and stay positive.