Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me about that 1st full day you were home

after the band was put on. Did you stay in bed and chill out? I have the option to seclude myself in my room while my mom takes care of the kiddos but I was wondering how bad I will feel. Well, since everyone is different, I want to know how YOU felt. LOL

I was walking around a lot for a couple hours after surgery...up and down the halls of the hospital. Felt OK after I got home. It was day 2 that was bad. I want to say seclude yourself, but you will need to be out walking around, especially if you have some gas pains. You won't feel too much like caring for the children...take the help.

I was also up and walking around the day of surgery and also a lot more the day after. I'm on day 3 and feeling great with just a little gas discomfort. Wouldn't want to do too much though, I got pretty tired even after just taking a shower... Good Luck and take the help! :~)

I stayed in the bed. Hubby took off for a couple of weeks and was able to take care of my son. I had pretty bad nausea for 5 days, I think I was dehydrated. Walking will be good for you, if you are able. Good luck to you.

I had my surgery yesterday. I have two girls ages five and three. I'm hiding away, don't feel that great. :rolleyes: I am walking around though to relieve gas pains.

I have read many times that the first four days are the worst. I hope that in my case I am better by the 31st as that's when my husband goes back to work.

HTH :)

Everyone is different. There are some Super People that take the surgery like a bleep in their busy week, while people like me must have blocked the horror out of my memory. It was awful for me.

Everyone is different. There are some Super People that take the surgery like a bleep in their busy week, while people like me must have blocked the horror out of my memory. It was awful for me.

That is how I describe childbirth! LOL

Childbirth (2 c-sections) was easier than this!!!! At least I had some cute little kids afterward to keep my mind off the pain.

maybe I need a puppy! ARGH

I'm in such incredible pain that I considered drinking the entire bottle of liquid pain med! But.. it wouldn't help because that stupid med doesn't work!!!

I've just been able to sleep about 1 - 3 hrs at a time, gas pain is incredible, tried to eat, NOT a good idea. My surgery was Dec 27th.. yesterday was the worst, today the gas is starting to go away.

I still hurt!

oh.. STAY SECLUDED FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN, BUT DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

I felt awful for the first 5-6 days... slept a lot the first 2-3 days thanks to the pain meds. Once I got off of them and on to Tylenol I started improving. However, I was also dealing with a lot of nausea so it really wasn't until at least a week out that I started feeling more myself. I'm now 11 days out and am feeling much better. I'd say probably about 90%.

Take all of the help you can get! I was so lucky that my kids are teens and on break, they have done so much to be helpful while I recuperate... even though they've not had the most exciting break.

Jeepers you guys.. this is scaring me..lol I don't do pain and the mention of childbirth made me quiver. I had a horrible time with that.. Right after getting out of the hospital after 4 days in labor, I went and rode my horse to feel better.. after all I had a show in 30 days.. not good on the you know what..lol. I hope this surgery isn't that painful..I'm thinking of going to the Mexico clinic.. any thoughts..I guess all great things don't come without a price.. The rewards of child birth gave me a son who's now 18.. now this age is painful..lol

Bernice

Take it easy and let your mom take care of the kids for at least 3-5 days. You need the time to recuperate. Also you might need a chair and lots of pillows to sleep on because being flat in a bed is going to cause pain.

I walked everyday at leat 1/2 mile each day, starting the day I arrived home. Exercise is good, it relieves the gas from the anesthesia. Follow the liquid diet from your doctor afterwards.

I am very surprised at how most had such horrible pain experience, I had none and took no pain meds after I got home. I told doc to stop giving to me at the hospital. Everyone is different, just follow your docs instructions. As far as seclusion goes, I think it would be hard with kids. I would say rest the best you can with your mom's help. I rested on the couch and my husband took care of the kids and dinner and stuff, but they stayed with me and watched TV and helped me out too. It won't hurt to stay in bed and rest, you'll know when you get home what type of care and rest you will need. But it is very important you get up and move around to help move around the gas so you don't have much gas pain. If you get gas pain, I had none, it is even more important to move around. Follow your docs diet plan, most are Clear Liquids and sip slowly at first. You will do fine and rely on your mom for help. Take care and get rest.

i dunno maybe im crazy or something. i left hospital when i was banded went to get my paycheck went cashed it went shopping to finish for christmas and went home. i felt great. had no problems at home except for the shoulder pain i got on my 5th day post op but other than that i felt great. about 1 1/2 weeks post op i started aerobics. and now im 3 weeks post op and still feel great. maybe im from another planet to be able to take pain and surgeries so well. they say aliens live among us i must be one.!! lol:wacko:

Today is my first day post-op and I feel like I have been kicked in the gut, so it feels a lot better than yesterday.

I take pain very well so it isn't a case of me being a wimp...it's there, and it's the way that I deal with it that matters. I'm not letting it freak me out or get me upset. I view it as a good pain, I understand what is going on in my body, so it is easier to accept and deal with. Just like when I was in labor, I knew each step that was happening, and was able to visualize / focus on things to make the process easier. Mind you, it was 1.5 hrs of non-stop contractions!!

What is really helping is sleeping on a heat pad, it's by Sunbeam and goes from my neck all the way to my bum. It's AWESOME! And I can use it on the front when my shoulders/upper chest start to hurt.