Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cosmed is where Dr. Lopez told me to go.

I have the phone number so just PM me and I can give it to you.

I adore Dr. Carman. Dr. Cleysa is my fill doctor.

Nice to see you want2! Obesity Control Clinic rocks and saved my life.

g'day all

nancy

Nancy,

Do a search on this site for for a thread called

Lower Body Lift Surgery Update [Picture]

by Muffinbirdie. She had the lift surgery you're thinking about with the same doctor in TJ. She seemed pretty happy with it. Of course it's been a long time since she's been on here. She used to have an inspiring website but that's gone too.

Hope she's doing well. Anybody perhaps know what's going on with Muffinbirdie?

Hello all this an update on my procedure.

I plan to go in the late spring. I saw Dr. Quiroz over the weekend and he said I'M READY! WOOO HOOOO! I will post pics of my before this week.

Anyone else have a date or seen Dr. Quiroz at cosmed?

I'm 5 weeks from surgery! I can't wait any advice from those who have had it?

I'm 5 weeks from surgery! I can't wait any advice from those who have had it?

I wish I could say I am one of those who has had it. Since it took me a year go get to the Band, I've started researching the procedures available. I already know my stomach and breasts are a must. It's not even a matter of cosmetics and more of life function. I liken my ever decreasing stomach, which was burdgeoning at at 389, to tag mole. It's there and serving no purpose. The rashes are a daily thing I have to attend to so I don't get a breakout.

Best to you NancyJ.

I will be having a 360 or LBL. There are many names for this procedure, my Dr. refers it as "circumferential abdominoplasty," I call it a "circumferential tuck."

I was really hoping that I wouldn't need to go all the way around because of the scarring, but after consulting with 4 different plastic surgeons, the recommendation for this procedure was unanimous. (I carried 75% of my excess weight in my hips, lower abdomen, and thighs, so I guess it was pretty much inevitable)

I will be having my circumferential tuck done in two separate surgeries because I will also be having a robotic myomectomy during the first surgery to remove a large fibroid tumor that I have.

The first surgery will be the myomectomy, Tummy Tuck and breast lift with implants. The second surgery (done at a later time TBD) will be finishing out the circumferential tuck and major liposuction of the thighs.

I was hoping to have the entire tuck done at once and have the breasts done later, but my surgeon felt that having this procedure done along with the myomectomy introduced a level of risk that he was not comfortable with.

The advantage, as I see it, to doing this in two separate surgeries is that the tummy tuck can be "tweaked," if need be during the second surgery. I also like the idea of the surgeon being able to concentrate on one area of my lower body at a time because goodness knows, my lower body needs a very highly concentrated effort.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery Nancy!

Hi Nancy,

Looking forward to reading your update! Are you still planning on going to Mexico?

I forgot that I had posted in this thread, my game plan changed slightly too, but only with the type of gyn surgery I'm having.......

Dr.Quiroz is an excellent plastic surgeon. I know a woman who had surgery by him, she is the leader of our support group. She is on the front page of his brochure and has a BARBIE doll figure. Their are also numerous women from the support group whom have had full body lifts by him. I have seen his work and he does an excellent job.

Nancy what happened? Just curious.

Hi All,

Well what happened is I went to see a doctor for a second opinion and he said the 360 would not give me the results I wanted in the tummy area. That they needed to concentrate on my tummy this trip and get it good and flat again. I never thought about it like that and so I changed dr.'s. I went to Dr. Luis Suarez in Tijuana Mexico. I feel great and he removed 20lbs of skin and fat from my tummy and sides.

I've not been this flat in 20 years. I'm thrilled with the results.

It's by far the best thing I've ever done for myself except for my lapband.

more later

Hi Nancy Glad you're happy with your results. I wanted to ask you if it is normal to ask the doctors to see pictures of surgeries they have done? Also, did you have to go to Mexico 2x's; once for consultation and once for surgery itself? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alfie

I have a friend that lives in Tijuana so I go there a few times a year. I sent photos to Dr. Suarez and he told me what he could do over the phone. I went over one day early to meet him in person and sign paperwork, ekg and labs. I spent the first night in his surgical recovery room and the next day moved to a recovery house. I feel so much better. Today I see my son for the first time in a few months (he's 22)

I look so different and in jeans 4 sizes smaller just because of the tummy fat! I can't wait for his reaction!

It is scary to think about the possibilities that can happen internationally, especially as the patient. I am sure there a lot of problems in some situations, but there are many many wonderful results as well - of course the US doctors aren't going to see the good ones because they don't need that long term help. I also know that there are many US doctors that create problems for patients as well.

It is hard - as a patient - to want this surgery so terribly and have to pay for it out of pocket. Going to Mexico, paying 1/3 of the cost of US doctors seems very attractive...almost worth the risk. The people who have had the good experiences make it all sound so worth it.

I am very torn...the lesser price in Mexico makes the possibility of having my dreams come true a reality - isn't that just what we want? Dreams fulfilled.

I have been heavy all of my life, from grade school on - now at 40 I am finally a "normal" weight - and if I didn't have all this excess skin, I would be a "normal" size also. I am sure that there are reputable and good doctors in these other countries like Mexico, just as there are in the US - and no doubt that there are hacks as well.

It is our responsibility to do our due diligence to find the good ones whether in this country or another...and unfortunately in this country medical care - although this is completely elective and perhaps frivolous to some - is exorbitantly expensive. (Please know that I know that there are many reasons it is expensive and not because Drs want to get rich - insurance, etc.)

Ok, time to get off my soap box lol

I have strong feelings and a lot of negative experience from patients when large surgeries are done overseas or in Mexico and there is no long term followup.

The latest techniques are pioneered right here in the U.S. because we have the obesity/weight loss population that requires these advanced techniques.

Add to that you have no insurance coverage, no legal protection, an invalid implant warranty, and limited long-term followup and you have a "ticket to trouble" in my opinion.

Best wishes,

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic Surgery

Houston, Texas

http://www.drlomonaco.com/forwlp.htm

www.BodyLiftHouston.com