Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2024 Surgery Buddies?

Took my 2 month post-op photo today. Subtle changes between now and the 1 month post-op photo.

Weight Comparison 2 Month.png

3 hours ago, NickelChip said:

Took my 2 month post-op photo today. Subtle changes between now and the 1 month post-op photo.

Weight Comparison 2 Month.png

Amazing! Thats nob subtle, your tummy looks much smaller, the top of your arm too and your neck looks much longer! Go you.

I'm in the south of France for a conf and am absolutely miserable at how cold I am the whole time. I just feel freezing and can't seem to warm up it's 10°C (50°F) with a lot of wind ... but at least I'm not in Paris where it is 2°C (35°F)...

How is everyone doing now? I had my surgery February 20th. I'm faring pretty well. Still some pain. Feeling like I need to eat all the time. Holding myself to food every hour to 2 hours. Very small amounts. Getting my Protein. Starting a food diary tomorrow.

I'm always cold too. I was cold before surgery and now it feels worse. Also i have a slow healing ulcer in my leg, which is going on three years everytime i get close to it healing somehow i manage to rip the dressing off it. Don't know if it's the extra walking I've been doing that has made it flare up again. On friday i had a fever and literally could not warm up (until i was too hot) that's gone now. Just called in sick for work to get some antibiotics for this leg. (Its Winter over here in Australia)

11 hours ago, Eighmmie said:

How is everyone doing now? I had my surgery February 20th. I'm faring pretty well. Still some pain. Feeling like I need to eat all the time. Holding myself to food every hour to 2 hours. Very small amounts. Getting my Protein. Starting a food diary tomorrow.

A food diary is a good idea. I hate doing them but I've been keeping one since my preop diet and will probably continue for a few more months until I really feel like I've got a good routine and no issues with hitting all the goals.

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, no issues with food in more than a week.

What kind of pain are you experiencing?

My surgery was the 16th. I’m generally okay but exhausted.

food diary is a good idea, here is my yesterday:

coffee

Ray fish with fennel salad and potatoes

Square of dark chocolate

Alcohol free spritz

Asparagus and Mayonnaise, bread, strawberries and whipped cream.

12 hours ago, Eighmmie said:

Had gastric bypass Feb. 7th. My food intake is hot and cold at times. The last few weeks I've felt like I needed to eat more often. Not more volume, just spread it out more to fuel myself. I've been exhausted lately. I think spreading out my meals has helped some. You should try the baritastic app. I've used that since October. The dietician at the bariatric center can see the food and drinks that I log. But it's a good app just for yourself as well to keep track.

Guys I need help! I am not sure how to post on here but I had the sleeve on 04/18/24 and everything was going great until almost 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to eat, the only thing I can keep down is Water. I am starting to feel weak, and now scared. I called my surgeons nurse and she told me it’s a possible stomach virus or just my hormones getting back to normal. I feel worse day by day. Constant nausea, and gagging all day long. What should I do?!!

2 hours ago, celeste_1219 said:

Guys I need help! I am not sure how to post on here but I had the sleeve on 04/18/24 and everything was going great until almost 2 weeks ago. I have not been able to eat, the only thing I can keep down is Water. I am starting to feel weak, and now scared. I called my surgeons nurse and she told me it’s a possible stomach virus or just my hormones getting back to normal. I feel worse day by day. Constant nausea, and gagging all day long. What should I do?!!

Did they give you a prescription for anti-nausea medicine like Zofran? I had to take it for many weeks and just stopped. Also, have you tried broth or other Soups? I found that getting away from the sweet shakes and drinks helped a lot. I would call the surgeon's office again and try to speak to someone else. That response wasn't ok! When I was battling nausea, I got dehydrated, and my blood pressure got really low. I had to go to the hospital for IV fluids and Vitamins. It's like a vicious cycle with the nausea and dehydration. If your surgeon can't help, maybe contact your general practitioner. Sorry you are going through this!

3 hours ago, celeste_1219 said:

Hi Sweetie, sorry you’re feeling so rough. Are you taking PPIs ( omeprazole or another one ) ? These do help with nausea. Also you need to get hold of your surgeon team again or failing that try and see your Primary care provider. You will be okay. Take care.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:46 AM, LisaCaryl said:

Everything was going good then yesterday I got too confident and ate too fast it was only an egg but up it came and everything since has been a challenge I’m sure my stomach and esophagus are just aggravated and need a bit of healing time now but it’s aggravating for sure my post op appt went ok of course the dr scale adds 5lbs 😂 getting naked in the hall is frowned upon lol but I was still down 30lbs so I’m on track 🙂 other than that I was told to try some benefiber which I did and it makes me crampy I do my blood work towards the end of May so that will be my next benchmark to hopefully be on track I started cleaning out clothes last night and there are several pairs of jeans I can fit into now that I haven’t been able to in years 🎉🎉

I think I'm stalling again. It's making me angsty. I know it's expected but it just makes me feel so insecure and down. having trouble coping with the stall. I'm quite down. That and the non stop rain and grey skies.

16 hours ago, BlueParis said:

I think I'm stalling again. It's making me angsty. I know it's expected but it just makes me feel so insecure and down. having trouble coping with the stall. I'm quite down. That and the non stop rain and grey skies.

I hate that you are feeling down. Stalls are going to happen, and it can feel frustrating. My dietician told me that while the scale might not move, we will notice a difference in how our clothing fits. How often are you weighing yourself? I used to weigh once daily, but I'm trying hard to do it only once a week. I guess that can be good or bad. So far, I'm good with it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Hugs.

3 hours ago, LisaCaryl said:

I hate that you are feeling down. Stalls are going to happen, and it can feel frustrating. My dietician told me that while the scale might not move, we will notice a difference in how our clothing fits. How often are you weighing yourself? I used to weigh once daily, but I'm trying hard to do it only once a week. I guess that can be good or bad. So far, I'm good with it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Hugs.

Thanks, I'm weighing every three days ... trying to wait a week each time but not reached that stage yet. I haven't really noticed any difference for a week... I know it will pass but it's hard. I still feel so enormous.

I had a nice trip to Nantucket for the Daffodil festival this weekend. Lots of meals out. I had chicken teriyaki, poached eggs and kielbasa, smoked bluefish pate, mozzarella and beet salad, and scallops with bacon among other things. Got in lots of walking. Weight was unchanged this morning, but I'm curious if that is a mix of not enough Water and too much salt from so many restaurant meals. So we'll see what a couple days of regular routine does for me. I'm grateful I have had no issues with foods for almost 2 weeks now. Hoping that means my stomach is finally healing properly.