Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2024 surgery buddies

On 12/26/2023 at 12:33 PM, Jimboc said:

Well just got letter from insurance company...surgery is approved...paperwork says Jan 2,2024...tried calling surgeon and weight loss center...no answer..maybe took extra day off for holiday.... Totally excited been long time coming...thank God finally.!!

Update: due to unforseen reasons(surgeon had foot surgery) my surgery date was rescheduled...I'm now having surgery on Jan 30,2024...pre-op visit will be 16th...guessing that's when 2wk diet will start....I already started doing Protein Shake for breakfast..light lunch like cup of broth and spinach frittata...then regular dinner....can't wait to get this healthy life started...thanks

1 hour ago, Jimboc said:

Update: due to unforseen reasons(surgeon had foot surgery) my surgery date was rescheduled...I'm now having surgery on Jan 30,2024...pre-op visit will be 16th...guessing that's when 2wk diet will start....I already started doing Protein Shake for breakfast..light lunch like cup of broth and spinach frittata...then regular dinner....can't wait to get this healthy life started...thanks

yay! glad that your getting it soon! my pre-op appt is the 16th too!

January 18th for me with Dr. Dill in Dallas, Texas. Super nervous and scared- keep getting the "Don't do it." or "You're not that fat-just exercise." keep second-guessing myself.

16 hours ago, beckieclaire2012 said:

I was all done and sleeved yesterday. Ready for home soon to start my new life x

How was the pain

I had bypass on wednesday, home today. The pain has lessened significantly , I'm able to drink liquids the way I need to, and able to eat. Lots of walking, and slowly waking up from the anesthesia. Del75 I felt the same way, I had lost 25 pounds in the few months prior and thought maybe I just keep doing that but I'm glad I did it. No regrets.

15 hours ago, Lily2024 said:

I had bypass on wednesday, home today. The pain has lessened significantly , I'm able to drink liquids the way I need to, and able to eat. Lots of walking, and slowly waking up from the anesthesia. Del75 I felt the same way, I had lost 25 pounds in the few months prior and thought maybe I just keep doing that but I'm glad I did it. No regrets.

Glad you're back home and recovering!

Day 4 post op: Able to drink fluids, it's uncomfortable if I go too fast, as I knew, however I now know how fast is too fast for me. I'm walking on the treadmill fairly easily, slow pace, no incline, limited to 15 min at a time. I walked 5 times yesterday, only once so far today and only 5 min according to how I feel. I'm able to eat up to 2 oz at a time, so far I've had Chobani Zero nonfat greek yogurt, tuna pureed with light mayo with Pickle Juice, and a sugar free pudding mixed with Protein Powder. All of it has gone fairly well. I haven't vomited, very little nausea, and every day I'm more awake and thinking more clearly.

My only issue so far has been a sketchy bladder. I guess of all things that could happen, it's pretty benign, but I had to have a catheter placed to allow my bladder to rest from being stretched too much. I think all the angry innards caused some shifting. In all likelihood it's just a temporary thing that will resolve when some of the swelling goes down. I have some nerve damage from many years ago so it isn't as far out of left field as it could be.

January 9th! For the SASI bypass