Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

1 minute ago, NickelChip said:

"What will these look like if my face isn't so round?" It's hard enough choosing glasses as it is!

Check out Zenni. I got a pair a couple years ago far cheaper than at the eye office. And you can upload your pic (you could probably find a free progression program) to see what frames would look good or use their base faces.

It's November 1st! Somehow, December feels simultaneously like it is just around the corner and also a million years away. I had my air cut today and scheduled the next appointment, and I had to move it closer by a week than I usually would because otherwise it would be the day of my surgery! So now I'll have no gray roots for my surgery :)

My surgery date is lucky Wednesday, December 13th. I started on this journey on April 26th and have gone through the nutritionist visits, psychologist appointment, surgeon appointment and insurance processes. It has been a long journey. I have my PAT appointment next Wednesday, which is the last item before surgery day. I hope to find out more information on how long I am expected to stay in the hospital. When performing the gastric bypass, the surgeon will also be repairing a moderate hiatal hernia, so it might be a few days stay. I am having my surgery at IU Ball Hospital in Muncie, Indiana, not far from where I live. They are great and I have been so impressed with the entire process. Wishing all of my fellow December surgery buddies the best of luck and God's amazing blessings.

2 hours ago, rede4ahealthyme said:

My surgery date is lucky Wednesday, December 13th.

Congrats! Mine might be the same day if insurance and hematology don't clear me by Friday for the tentative date of December 4th.

On 11/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, SmoknDudette said:

Congrats! Mine might be the same day if insurance and hematology don't clear me by Friday for the tentative date of December 4th.

Well, looks like December 13th for me. Insurance is dragging their feet :(. But it does give me more time to prepare and get all the things I need ordered.

11 minutes ago, Healthyforyear30 said:

December 19th, started in October 2022 😅

You must be so excited! I started in July 2023 and the wait is killing me. They told me 3-6 months when I started, but I kept thinking I would be lucky and end up on the shorter end of it. I guess not!

My surgery date is December 20th as well! My Preop Appointment is November 27th. I start my 2 week liver shrink diet on 12/6. Two weeks of one Protein Shake for Breakfast, one for lunch and a high Protein low calorie dinner consisting of 6 oz or less of a nonfried meat and unlimited nonstarchy veggies. Unlimited clear fluids, aiming for at least of 64 ounces per day.

Let's do this y'all!

Surgery scheduled for December 4th, 2023!! I've been fast tracked because I chose to go the self-pay route VS Insurance. Doc wants me on liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery... so no thanksgiving meal for me.

A little stressed & second guessing like a normal human would; am I making the right decision? Ultimately the answer is always YES. New things are always scary but there's no way to grow (mentally, physically, emotionally) if you never step outside of your comfort zone.

Just wanted to update and say we are all soooo close!! 18 days until my LSD starts and 32 days until surgery. Eeeekkk!

On 10/29/2023 at 12:34 AM, AshleeHarvey said:

I’ve got my date of December 20th! I’m so excited.
I stated this journey with my first consult on September 21st, 2023 it took one month to get things done and get a date. I have my preop class on November 8th to learn what all I can and can’t eat.

Anyone else have a December date?

December 1st, no Thanksgiving for me been on this journey over a year. Original date was September 2022, but was informed while on surgery table no go because of situs inversus so started over January this year long process, but finally received date excited 😄 😊

Edited by Yearofme43
Incorrect date

On 11/19/2023 at 12:56 PM, Yearofme43 said:

December 1st, no Thanksgiving for me been on this journey over a year. Original date was September 2022, but was informed while on surgery table no go because of situs inversus so started over January this year long process, but finally received date excited 😄 😊

That delay must have been so frustrating! I'm glad it's finally happening for you.

December 6 is my surgery date, I just got that today. Feels like it’s been forever but it’s really only been three or four months now. all I have left is November 29 a video call with a RN about my weight from that morning my medication list And my new Vitamin list which I’ll be getting from her. Then November 30 I have to go to a three hour “second Pre-op class“ I have to start my two week liquid diet this Thursday Thanksgiving 😞 that’s OK though does anybody have any suggestions about things I need before surgery? any help is appreciated!

14 hours ago, Ashley1019 said:

does anybody have any suggestions about things I need before surgery? any help is appreciated!

I should start by saying I am going to interpret the word "need" very broadly here. I got my 12/27 date in mid-October and it's possible I've been using shopping as a way to make the time go faster. Also, since I won't buy myself any new clothing right now, I'm definitely justifying it that way as I buy crazy things...

I just ordered and received a set of Perfect Portion storage containers from Amazon this week, along with a set of bariatric silverware. I also have 2 melamine plates and 2 melamine bowls (also Perfect Portion brand) coming soon. Do I already own small plates and 1 cup glass storage containers? Yes. Did I want the ones printed with portion reminders and motivational sayings anyway, despite a ridiculous price? Also yes.

I like to cook homemade food, so I bought several bariatric cookbooks. My favorites so far have been The Bariatric Diet Guide and Cookbook by Dr. Matthew Weiner and Bariatric Meal Prep Made Easy by Kristen Willard. Since I still have 5 weeks to wait, I'm planning to try 1 or 2 recipes each week and fill some of the meal prep containers ahead of time to freeze. My hope is to find some things the kids will like, too, to make my life easier in the future.