Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

Hmmmm I know on Facebook there is a woman that makes freezer meals that just go from the freezer to fridge then into crockpot she is “My Family Dinner” I think she is a family of 5 also. There are a bunch of videos to watch and her website. I’m sure you can just make meals and freeze them for later like casseroles that can just go in the oven to be cooked. Unless your other half cooks?

That's so much! He does so that won't be a problem too much but he is also ad military so very busy. But we plan to eat better as whole family so that least there is that. I know the meal planning will be a lot of the ball game with surgery for sure. Good luck to you! Keep in touch!

December 27th is going to be a very busy day!

Regarding meal prep, I'm making room in my freezer now to freeze some favorites ahead of time. I'm also going to be teaching my daughters, 12 and 15, how to make some of the simpler meals they like. This way, after surgery, they can cook for themselves with minimal supervision. Which they should learn anyway! Meals like spaghetti, tacos, chili, shepherd's pie, and quiche, that barely even need a recipe.

For myself, I have a cookbook I'm really looking forward to that covers bariatric meal prep. It has 6 weeks of meal plans and directions for making ahead and portioning. I'm using that and Dr. Weiner's bariatric cookbook for most of my new recipe ideas. Here's the meal prep one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1645674967

I'm choosing 1 or 2 new things to try making each week this month, hoping to have a few to add to the rotation that all of us will like, and some small containers to freeze for later.

Yeah!!! I was hoping you would reply!! I bought a cookbook too. It is for sleeve patients https://www.walmart.com/ip/876757602

my granddaughter (11) has been cooking little stuff for herself and her little brother. Mostly just Rahman and hot dogs, or quesadillas in the microwave. My grandson (6)has learned to make noodles in the microwave lol. Your daughters are the perfect age to learn to cook stuff!!

I am finally got my stuff together and I think I’m ready!! Not just waiting for everything to get here so I can organize it.
next weekend is the kitchen purge (since I live alone) All unopened items are being donated to my local food bank.

I love having y’all to talk to. 😊😊

I am lucky, my husband cooks and will be making his own meals during the prep and after surgery.

33 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

I'm going to look at this cookbook!

December 27th is going to be a very busy day!

Regarding meal prep, I'm making room in my freezer now to freeze some favorites ahead of time. I'm also going to be teaching my daughters, 12 and 15, how to make some of the simpler meals they like. This way, after surgery, they can cook for themselves with minimal supervision. Which they should learn anyway! Meals like spaghetti, tacos, chili, shepherd's pie, and quiche, that barely even need a recipe.

For myself, I have a cookbook I'm really looking forward to that covers bariatric meal prep. It has 6 weeks of meal plans and directions for making ahead and portioning. I'm using that and Dr. Weiner's bariatric cookbook for most of my new recipe ideas. Here's the meal prep one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1645674967

I'm choosing 1 or 2 new things to try making each week this month, hoping to have a few to add to the rotation that all of us will like, and some small containers to freeze for later.

The zozofit suit looks very interesting! It would definitely be useful when I stsrt sewing for myself again.

I’m so fed up right now. Friday I had my final pre-op to get my meds before surgery on Wednesday 12/6/23 . Just to be told that my sleep study center hasn’t sent over a clean bill of health for me and according to the sleep study they don’t have anything to do with my surgery and it’s pulmonary that does and I haven’t seen them for anything and , my surgeon’s office has to request the letter for anything from sleep study and according to my surgeon’s office they will NOT request it bc it’s not their responsibility.🤦🏻‍♀️ on top of all that I just had to come up out of pocket $180 for meds the day before and after surgery. I’m stressing out and i am so mad as to why this was put off so long to get the release. I am I over reacting my husband seems to think so 😡

I think more it is the over all stress. It is frustrating when it seems people aren’t doing their job. Who ordered the sleep study? That is who needs to get the report.

I would call the sleep study and ask who they sent the report to. Then contact them and find out what the next step is. It is frustrating when things get put off to the last minute. It might just be a few phone calls to deal with.
I just had issues with my nutritionist and my dr office. I saw her back in May and I just found out the Dr office never got her assessment. Come to find out it was an error on the transmission of the paperwork.

take a couple of deep breaths. Start with the sleep study center then move to the dr.

23 minutes ago, Ilene h. said:

Dec 13th. Just started liquids 9 long days

Yay! Same day for my sleeve. Started my pre-op on Nov 22nd. I'm doing my best with my 2 shakes a day but their brand is wearing on me bad. I had to start adding a few drops of Water flavoring to them to get them down lol. and Then getting mighty tired of bland chicken and 1 of 5 green veggies a night :(. Had my education class and my per-surgery assessment is on Tuesday and the Wed after its surgery! My surgeons office throws us into Keto on the preop and its throwing off my walking bad. But I just keep the thought that I won't have to fight my body any longer.

5 hours ago, Ashley1019 said:

I’m so fed up right now. Friday I had my final pre-op to get my meds before surgery on Wednesday 12/6/23 . Just to be told that my sleep study center hasn’t sent over a clean bill of health for me and according to the sleep study they don’t have anything to do with my surgery and it’s pulmonary that does and I haven’t seen them for anything and , my surgeon’s office has to request the letter for anything from sleep study and according to my surgeon’s office they will NOT request it bc it’s not their responsibility.🤦🏻‍♀️ on top of all that I just had to come up out of pocket $180 for meds the day before and after surgery. I’m stressing out and i am so mad as to why this was put off so long to get the release. I am I over reacting my husband seems to think so 😡

Oh, ugh. I agree with MLC3409 that you should start with the doctor who ordered the study, or ask if you can request the letter yourself and then give it to your surgeon. But that's ridiculous. The one thing I am grateful for is all of my providers are affiliated with the hospital, so everybody talks to everybody and all my test results, orders, etc., are all in one portal. I'm just nervous because this is so close to the end of the year. I keep having nightmares that something will delay the surgery and then the new year will somehow screw everything up with coverage changing or something, and send me back to square one. The last thing any of us need is more stress, so I really hope you get this sorted out soon.

1 hour ago, NickelChip said:

Oh, ugh. I agree with MLC3409 that you should start with the doctor who ordered the study, or ask if you can request the letter yourself and then give it to your surgeon. But that's ridiculous. The one thing I am grateful for is all of my providers are affiliated with the hospital, so everybody talks to everybody and all my test results, orders, etc., are all in one portal. I'm just nervous because this is so close to the end of the year. I keep having nightmares that something will delay the surgery and then the new year will somehow screw everything up with coverage changing or something, and send me back to square one. The last thing any of us need is more stress, so I really hope you get this sorted out soon.

Oh I am right there with you on that with the end of year. I found out Friday afternoon that my insurance “approval “ is actually still pending 🥺🥺🥺

I am like you though all my appointments, tests, and everything are all affiliated with the same hospital and I have a patient portal that gives all providers access to the information.