Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2023 surgery buddies

Hi everyone. I know there's another theead like this under the Gastric Sleeve part of the forum, but I thought I'd start a thread here to be more inclusive to people who are having a variety of surgeries.

I'm scheduled to have my VSG on October 2nd. I'm looking forward to a new start. I'm 5'5" and 235 pounds. I have lost 25 pounds so far. My pre-op diet starts on September 11th. It's Protein Drinks plus up to 7 ounces of Protein only foods. Not looking forward to that. Back in 2010 I had a lap band. I lost 122 pounds and kept about 65 pounds off. I had to have it removed last year because it slipped, but I had already decided to have a revision to the sleeve.

Anyone else scheduled for October surgeries?

Congrats on your surgery day! I had an option for a 10/2 surgery day but I got the soonest date available which is 9/26. I start my pre op diet on 9/11 too. I’m sure you’ll get some folks to respond to this thread. Good luck on your surgery and journey 🙏🏾🙌🏽

I just found out yesterday that the last Dr I saw finally cleared me for surgery! So my surgeon has submitted everything to my insurance company. I’m just waiting for the date for my pre-op and surgery, the nurse said it would definitely be in October, I should hear back next week. I’m so ready for this…I started this journey June 2022 and it’s taken this long to get cleared. I cried like a baby yesterday!

On 9/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, Shotputqueen said:

Hi! My VSG date is 10/26/2023. Congrats on your pre-op weight loss, sounds like you're doing great! I'd love to help cheer my fellow October surgery twins on! 😀

Hi everyone. I know there's another theead like this under the Gastric Sleeve part of the forum, but I thought I'd start a thread here to be more inclusive to people who are having a variety of surgeries.

I'm scheduled to have my VSG on October 2nd. I'm looking forward to a new start. I'm 5'5" and 235 pounds. I have lost 25 pounds so far. My pre-op diet starts on September 11th. It's Protein Drinks plus up to 7 ounces of Protein only foods. Not looking forward to that. Back in 2010 I had a lap band. I lost 122 pounds and kept about 65 pounds off. I had to have it removed last year because it slipped, but I had already decided to have a revision to the sleeve.

Anyone else scheduled for October surgeries?

15 hours ago, Evagreeff said:

I’m scheduled for VSG on 10/27.

Yay, Almost surgery twins! My surgery is 10/26/2023

Edited by ReneeLynn
misspelling

My VSG surgery date is October 20th. Glad to see there's other people with similar dates. It will be nice to be able to talk to others who are at a similar part of the process.