Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, ElleRodri said:

Oh I'm sure you're getting really excited. How bad has the liquid diet been for you so far? I'm nervous about that part. I know how I can be so it's going to take a herculean effort not to cheat while I'm doing it.

I have a pre-op appointment today to go over everything and she'll tell me to start the liquid diet I'm sure. I was planning on starting it on Monday. I even went and got 8 oz. juice bottles from Amazon so I can divvy out what I'm allowed to have. I'm supposed to drink 4 Protein Shakes, 2 bottles of liquid IV and 16 ounces of OJ, and then whatever assorted non-caloric beverages I want over the course of a day. Looking at it spread out in a schedule like it is in my binder makes it look like a whole lot of drinking but looking at it in a small list makes me anxious because I'm afraid I'm going to starve. It's really cutting down on my sugars that is gonna be hard, I know I'm a sugar addict.

Getting nervous and excited.

Oh wow you have to be on pure liquid for the 2 weeks leading to surgery? I thought my diet was bad but I guess it isn’t too bad. My surgeon allows 2 oz of lean meat and 1 cup of green veggies for dinner and I can also have a food item of unsweetened applesauce, sugar free pudding, lite yogurt, non fat cottage cheese, or plain oatmeal for lunch and an afternoon snack. I’m on day 4 and it’s been tough

yeah mine is fully liquid for 2 weeks. I'm having my surgery done at the mayo Clinic so they're particular but they've been great. I really can't complain about my care or any of my providers because they've all been super helpful and caring.

I've learned to like the Liquid IV stuff, at first it was like drinking straight saltwater to me but I've always been super touchy with salt and never use much of it because you can get flavor so many different ways other than just adding salt. I dunno, I guess being an avid home cook helps in some ways because I'm not at a loss for what to add to things to make them taste better a lot of the time, but then again it sucks because I'm going to be cooking for my family and not able to eat it. It makes me sad but I'll live. It's just a few weeks. I'll be eating with my family again in no time. With as fast as times been flying I'm sure it'll be find before I even have much time to complain, haha, maybe, I hope...

I want buddies too T^T I'm currently 4 days post-op. I originally wanted the rxy bypass but my surgeon said my spleen was tooooo big and it would have been too risky, they opted to switch to a sleeve mid operation. I'm still very happy with this choice and hope it leads to health and happiness for me. So far, I think it's been surprisingly difficult to get liquids down. Texturally the nicest thing has been sugar free pudding mixed with some Protein Powder. Very helpful for when these liquids just seem to want to walk right back up :C

At the hospital they gave me 100% apple juice and then when i went home they called to see how I was doing with Fluid intake and got upset that I was having apple juice. Just make sure it's 100% okay when you go home after surgery I guess x_X

Oh wow - so getting fluids in is tough? I’m really praying I don’t have any of the issues - I am normally the person who gets the odd side effects from meds. Lol. I’d love to be surgery buddies!!

23 hours ago, Tdalcourt said:

Oh wow - so getting fluids in is tough? I’m really praying I don’t have any of the issues - I am normally the person who gets the odd side effects from meds. Lol. I’d love to be surgery buddies!!

yep for me getting fluids to comfortably go and stay down has been not the greatest thing. the thin pureed foods are what's working well at least though. Just can't feed my pets at the same time or I'll end up not wanting to eat anymore because my brain thinks it looks the same😂

i also got weird side effects. most people have Constipation or trouble with pooping afterward. i straight up day one and on have just been having diarrhea so i let the surgery team know and they said it's alright to not take any senna or milk of magnesia (praise the lord).

I have heard that you can get one extreme or the other and I chuckled about feeding your pets I have Sugar Gliders and I feed them this liquid food that I make - pretty much baby food so I will keep that in mind

I’m on my second week of liquid diet - and taking laxative & muralx so I am dead sure I have never pooped so much in my life - I think the rumor of 22 lbs of poo in you is true because with liquid diet I don’t know how there is so much unless it’s flushing out that 22 lbs lol on a good note I have lost 10 lbs have meeting tomorrow with anesthesia & some last minute tests - then Friday we do this!! I’m not looking forward to pain - that is my hope going in is that I won’t be in major pain

I have heard that you can get one extreme or the other and I chuckled about feeding your pets I have Sugar Gliders and I feed them this liquid food that I make - pretty much baby food so I will keep that in mind

I’m on my second week of liquid diet - and taking laxative & muralx so I am dead sure I have never pooped so much in my life - I think the rumor of 22 lbs of poo in you is true because with liquid diet I don’t know how there is so much unless it’s flushing out that 22 lbs lol on a good note I have lost 10 lbs have meeting tomorrow with anesthesia & some last minute tests - then Friday we do this!! I’m not looking forward to pain - that is my hope going in is that I won’t be in major pain

Day 1 of the 10 day liquid diet.. Ooooo, fun... <complete sarcasm>

End it with some nice explosive diarrhea. OK, 9 more to go til surgery

Scheduled for gastric bypass surgery on Sept. 11th. Going to my Pre-Admission today, pretty excited to get this moving quick. 🤩

29 minutes ago, olivia95 said:

Scheduled for gastric bypass surgery on Sept. 11th. Going to my Pre-Admission today, pretty excited to get this moving quick. 🤩

I'm getting my sleeve done on the 11th, also! Keep me updated on how your experience goes, would ya?

Day 1 of the liquid diet for me too. So far I've forgotten my box of liquid IV and all my little Water flavoring packets. I did stop and pick up a box of crystal light along with some sugar-free Jello since I'm allowed to have that as well. I'm making due with some of the Protein I bought for after surgery until I can get to Sams this afternoon and get premade shakes because my approved list for pre-op liquid diet is tiny.

I'm supposed to drink two 8oz glasses of regular OJ everyday, and I drank the first one and yeah, that hit me like a lead balloon. I think I lost about 1/2 of the 22 lbs you were talking about earlier hahaha but serously!

I hope everyone's getting excited. Counting down the days and praying they go as quickly as the last few weeks have gone. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to make it all work with no PTO to cover my surgery days. I only have 20 hours left and that won't cover much considering I have to go to mayo this Friday for 3 appointments so there's anther 5+ hours gone since Mayo is 6 hours away. I'll be driving all day. YUCK! And I'm supposed to cut out caffeine completely too? Somethings just aren't fair hahaha

I finally got a surgery date! My surgery is scheduled for 9/26/23 and it just got REAL 😎🙌🏽

Asgbend are you scheduled for surgery 9/26/23 too?

@waterchick we are 1 day apart I’m scheduled for surgery 9/26 😎

10 hours ago, ElleRodri said:

Day 1 of the liquid diet for me too. So far I've forgotten my box of liquid IV and all my little Water flavoring packets. I did stop and pick up a box of crystal light along with some sugar-free Jello since I'm allowed to have that as well. I'm making due with some of the Protein I bought for after surgery until I can get to Sams this afternoon and get premade shakes because my approved list for pre-op liquid diet is tiny.

I'm supposed to drink two 8oz glasses of regular OJ everyday, and I drank the first one and yeah, that hit me like a lead balloon. I think I lost about 1/2 of the 22 lbs you were talking about earlier hahaha but serously!

I hope everyone's getting excited. Counting down the days and praying they go as quickly as the last few weeks have gone. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to make it all work with no PTO to cover my surgery days. I only have 20 hours left and that won't cover much considering I have to go to mayo this Friday for 3 appointments so there's anther 5+ hours gone since mayo is 6 hours away. I'll be driving all day. YUCK! And I'm supposed to cut out caffeine completely too? Somethings just aren't fair hahaha

I'm not familiar with the Liquid IV stuff. What is that?