Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY have an update on my revision!!

So I have been really quiet on here because I was just trying to get rid of the last of the health issues I had going on. Polyps are gone and uterine fibroids are gone. I had an appt with my bariatric surgeon today and we discussed getting the revision now that I have a clean bill of health. Looks like it'll be mid July sometime. BUT...my revision is a little more complicated. Here's what I was told: Normally they leave the bottom part of the stomach when they do the bypass because there might be a need for a feeding tube at some point, or something like that. HOWEVER, with my situation, the part they would normally leave is where all the polyps were. So the surgeon is going to completely remove the bottom part of the stomach (making my stomach about 2oz instead of the 4-5oz it is now) during the bypass surgery. He said that's not ideal, but given my situation, it's the best course of treatment for the GERD, esophagitis, gastritis, and getting me back to being able to work out and live a normal life again (which is really all I want). He said it does present a problem later on if I need a feeding tube or whatever, but that's a big "if", and considering all of my issues right now, it's worth the risk, if I agree. I agreed with him and I'm waiting for the coordinator to call me to schedule the surgery officially. I'm so close to this being over. I can see the finish line FINALLY!!!!!

My close friend who's a nurse practitioner posted this on my Facebook post about it: "IF you need a feeding tube in the future, they can bypass the stomach and give you a J tube (in the jejunum) below the stomach, or for a short term issue, give you TPN, directly to the veins". So this just made that major concern not really a concern now. I'm feeling even better about this. I can't wait to get this over with and get back to my life!!!

Ok so HOLY CRAP. I just got the call and my revision surgery is going to be on the 28th of June!!!! Apparently someone's insurance didn't approve their surgery and they had to cancel their surgery and I got their spot. I was told my pre-op appt with the hospital is on the 12th, my pre-op appt with my surgeon is the 13th, and I have to do Iron infusions before surgery (first one on the 14th, 2nd one on the 21st, and 3rd one on the 28th after surgery). My iron is really low because of all my procedures, but they said it won't affect my surgery since I can have the infusions. My mind is literally blown. I wasn't expecting this AT ALL. This is really fast!!! But at least it's FINALLY happening and I can get back to my life sooner rather than later!!!!

I’m so glad you got to the bottom of all those issues! It’s going to be rectified! I’m so happy for you to be feeling better soon.

That's super exciting!

You are looking fantastic and healthy, good luck with your surgery. I am still waiting for my endoscope ...........YES over 12 months GEEZ.........but anyway so glad you have a surgeon who treated you quickly and got it all sorted for you

On 6/9/2023 at 3:05 PM, learn2cook said:

I’m so glad you got to the bottom of all those issues! It’s going to be rectified! I’m so happy for you to be feeling better soon.

Thank you so much. It's really been quite the ride, hasn't it lol

8 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

You are looking fantastic and healthy, good luck with your surgery. I am still waiting for my endoscope ...........YES over 12 months GEEZ.........but anyway so glad you have a surgeon who treated you quickly and got it all sorted for you

Thank you :) Why in the world is it taking a year to get an endoscope??? That's absolutely outrageous!!!

Yay! I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad to hear that you have a clean bill of health and the process is moving forward. :)

12 hours ago, Jeanniebug said:

Yay! I've been thinking about you. I'm so glad to hear that you have a clean bill of health and the process is moving forward. :)

Thank you :) It's certainly been a journey lol I just can't wait to get back to living my life. I know I'll smash my goal weight once I heal and can get back to working out and eating without pain and horrible GERD and all the rest. I'm even more excited about this surgery than I was with the first one lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches