Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DS Buddies Wanted - 26 Y/O

I don't have any friends or know anybody else who has had Bariatric surgery before.
I would love to add some people on here to connect with. I know a support group makes a big difference. Please add me and I will add you back if you see this. 🙂
Even social media would be cool. I don't post much but I need accountability buddies.

Hey there I'm 2 weeks out post op and I had the DS surgery too. I'm still getting adjusted to all the fluids I have to get in, the 5-6 small meals the 60-80 grams of Protein I have to have for now and then it goes up to 80-100 grams of protein in a day. I've gotten sick a couple times or a little dehydrated or I'm not resting enough. I'm still learning my new body and losing weight all at the same time. I understand the need to be able to talk to someone about what you're going through cause no one really understand stands what you going through. So my name is Stephanie Ellis and I'm willing to talk and be whatever else you need cause everyone needs someone.

Stephanie Ellis

That is awesome!! Congrats. I'm pretty worried about what the new eating lifestyle is going to be like. But I'm sure there's a lot of good resources on this thread. Thank you for your response!

It's good to hear how people are doing after having DS surgery.

Perchance, does anyone live in Washington (state), Oregon, Idaho, Montana, or Utah? I live in Washington and so far have had one person who knows of a DS surgeon - in Utah. Looks like that may be my closest option.

1 hour ago, midniteblue102 said:

It's good to hear how people are doing after having DS surgery.

Perchance, does anyone live in Washington (state), Oregon, Idaho, Montana, or Utah? I live in Washington and so far have had one person who knows of a DS surgeon - in Utah. Looks like that may be my closest option.

i am currently doing workups to get approved for a surgeon that specializes in DS or SADI his is in CHI franciscan network out of silverdale washington . DR Angel reyes

https://www.vmfh.org/find-a-doctor/bariatric-surgery/angel-reyes-villanueva-1518011022?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D68606165266186291590783268588076688476

I understand the pain of trying to find a surgeon! I've been trying for the last two years to find a surgeon that would even touch me because I'm not actually having the DS done for weight loss (Although that is a really amazing benefit of it) I had a Nissen fundoplication done in 2005 that has failed and no surgeon wants to revise another's work here locally, so I'm going back and forth 5.5 hours each way to mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL.

So I have a huge learning curve as this wasn't even something I thought was an option until my doctor told me it was his plan to fix me so that I'd have a chance at normalcy again. I'm just looking forward to being able to eat something with flavor. Everything gives me heartburn at this point (including certain brands of bottled water) it's nuts. I basically eat potato Soup every day because I know it's something I can handle. I'm hopeful as we get closer and I learn more. But I have also come to the conclusion that some of this will just be embracing the suck.

TDS 2005.

Edited by Postop