Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 hours ago, Maggie rose said:

Everyone share some stuff your eating/experiementing with/ enjoying pleaseeeee

Surgery was 6/7. Last night I did a deviled egg and a little spoon of some soft, and fantastic, pinto Beans. Took 2 gas-x just in case, lol. It was so good. I'm having the same for lunch today.

On 06/19/2023 at 19:10, Maggie rose said:

Everyone share some stuff your eating/experiementing with/ enjoying pleaseeeee

I had surgery 6/2 so I’m in purées… I made a ricotta bake - I found the recipe on TikTok. SO good. Scratched the itch for pizza / lasagna. I’m also currently loving vanilla Greek yogurt with PB2 mixed in… nice peanut buttery treat!

3 hours ago, Brandiwine77 said:

Surgery was 6/7. Last night I did a deviled egg and a little spoon of some soft, and fantastic, pinto Beans. Took 2 gas-x just in case, lol. It was so good. I'm having the same for lunch today.

I just bought refried Beans today I’m very excited to have it I also got some Turkey and chicken to mash up …. The 30 30 30 rule has not been easy and I unfortunately can’t eat without drinking so that’s been a challenge

3 hours ago, CatLady0626 said:

I had surgery 6/2 so I’m in purées… I made a ricotta bake - I found the recipe on TikTok. SO good. Scratched the itch for pizza / lasagna. I’m also currently loving vanilla Greek yogurt with PB2 mixed in… nice peanut buttery treat!

I got everything for the ricotta bake !!! I’m so excited how did you make it?

2 minutes ago, Maggie rose said:

I just bought refried Beans today I’m very excited to have it I also got some Turkey and chicken to mash up …. The 30 30 30 rule has not been easy and I unfortunately can’t eat without drinking so that’s been a challenge

I can't do meat yet, will be July 5th before I can, but I'm definitely excited to eat Beans and deviled eggs, lol. And the not drinking does stink. I had to take a little sip a min ago while eating my lunch because I had a coughing fit. And yeah, that and me eating one bite too many I guess led to some foamies, yuck.

4 minutes ago, Brandiwine77 said:

I can't do meat yet, will be July 5th before I can, but I'm definitely excited to eat Beans and deviled eggs, lol. And the not drinking does stink. I had to take a little sip a min ago while eating my lunch because I had a coughing fit. And yeah, that and me eating one bite too many I guess led to some foamies, yuck.

Aw poor thing I’m sorry that happened, I’m almost worried how well I’m tolerating food and drink, it makes me think I have too much stomach left over … I had surgery the 13th and I can drink over 62 ounces with no problem idk maybe I’m thinking to much my apt is Thursday I am excited to see what he says

On 06/20/2023 at 13:42, Maggie rose said:

I got everything for the ricotta bake !!! I’m so excited how did you make it?

I mixed the ricotta, shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, 2 eggs, Italian seasoning, and a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder and spread in a small baking dish (they used ramekins but I don’t have any!) and topped with smooth spaghetti sauce and a little more shredded mozzarella. Baked for like 30 minutes at 425 I think. SO GOOD.

52 minutes ago, Maggie rose said:

Aw poor thing I’m sorry that happened, I’m almost worried how well I’m tolerating food and drink, it makes me think I have too much stomach left over … I had surgery the 13th and I can drink over 62 ounces with no problem idk maybe I’m thinking to much my apt is Thursday I am excited to see what he says

Don't be worried. I can tolerate a lot of liquids too, as long as I'm not eating, lol. I take 40oz of Water with me to work, and usually finish it, or pretty close by the time I get home, on top of other liquids.

On 06/20/2023 at 13:51, Maggie rose said:

Same! I can drink a lot as well. Last night my husband made Soup and I had 2 (small) bowls of the broth and almost a whole sweet potato… I mean it took me almost 1 1/2 - 2 hrs of stopping and drinking but I still feel like I should have felt at least uncomfortable and I was perfectly fine… 2 weeks post op today.

I just had mine yesterday I slept a good deal toddy and felt a little nauseous

I had a sleeve on 6/14. I’m struggling. I guess textbook I’m doing ok- no nausea or vomiting, drinking ok and getting around. But I’m just down. I had horrible pain the first two days but that’s gone. But my stomach just hurts if I don’t sip and hurts when I do. I’m bored out of work, but no motivation to go or do anything. I’m very weak and fatigued. I don’t seem to even have joy that I’m losing weight. Idk what’s wrong with me.

I’m so sorry to hear that. It will get better. I had my surgery the same day and that first week was rough. I know that walking really helped me and I got out the house yesterday and went to target. I was wore out later but it felt good. Call a friend. Pick a show to binge, think positive and it will be all worth it. It will get better.

15 minutes ago, pamelacoa@yahoo.com said:

I had a sleeve on 6/14. I’m struggling. I guess textbook I’m doing ok- no nausea or vomiting, drinking ok and getting around. But I’m just down. I had horrible pain the first two days but that’s gone. But my stomach just hurts if I don’t sip and hurts when I do. I’m bored out of work, but no motivation to go or do anything. I’m very weak and fatigued. I don’t seem to even have joy that I’m losing weight. Idk what’s wrong with me.

I got my sleeve the same day and I’ve had some significant pain, mainly in the large incision. At least you’re losing weight so that’s a plus! I’m only down 2lbs so far and I’ve decided to stop checking the scale cuz it’s getting depressing. Everyone is different and reacts to the surgery differently whether it’s physical or emotional, so don’t beat yourself up. I hope you feel better soon! :)

You’re right! And that 2 pounds is great, don’t let it bother you. You will pick up and meet your goal .