Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/16/2023 at 6:46 PM, nikki1203 said:

How’s everyone doing with this post op liquid phase ?

I’m doing okay (it’s only been 4 days lol) but I’m craving something not sweet
And also, I really just want actual food 🫣🥴😂

I'm one day away from transitioning from Clear Liquids to Protein Shakes and so far its a bit hard to get in my fluids with all of this gas pain. Otherwise, I've been researching bariatric friendly recipes on tiktok (which don't really help with the cravings 😂)

I guess everyone's is different, I had my sleeve on the 13th and the 14th my doctor started me on Stage 2, I'm able to particially lay on my sides without anytime of pain, I have to have Protein 3 x's a day 3 to 4 ounces at a time along with Jello, and or broth, since surgery, everything taste disgusting to me, I have to force myself to eat especially the Protein Shakes, I hoping on Thursday that I get to try an egg. I hope I still like eggs. I just can't understand why the hunger pains are so intense. I just wanna get through this and get back to normal. If that's even a thing anymore 😕.

Edited by Carla Ogwin

Just waiting for them to come in and get me. I should be a few minutes from now. Not nervous at all because of all of you. It has been such a help seeing all your experiences. Looking forward to waking up!

Good luck, everything will be alright mines was so quick I asked what time was it 905 when I was being rolled and when I woke up it was only 1020, I was back in a jiffy can't wait to hear from you

On 6/16/2023 at 8:35 PM, Lizrios said:

Fairlife chocolate are tasty!

I have a case of those too waiting on stand by! lol...

I'm about to start on a case of Cafe Latte, I'm not going to hold my breath!

6 hours ago, Carla Ogwin said:

I guess everyone's is different, I had my sleeve on the 13th and the 14th my doctor started me on Stage 2, I'm able to particially lay on my sides without anytime of pain, I have to have Protein 3 x's a day 3 to 4 ounces at a time along with Jello, and or broth, since surgery, everything taste disgusting to me, I have to force myself to eat especially the Protein Shakes, I hoping on Thursday that I get to try an egg. I hope I still like eggs. I just can't understand why the hunger pains are so intense. I just wanna get through this and get back to normal. If that's even a thing anymore 😕.

That's pretty wild about everything tasting disgusting, but I've heard from a bunch of different people that after the surgery, your tastes for things will change. I hate to hear that you're having hunger pains. I was under the impression that hunger will go away for a long time, at least that's what my doctor told me.

Hope you can keep the eggs down!

11 days post op from Bypass with Hernia surgery. Yesterday was the first day with minimal pain. I have to admit I’ve definitely been sneaking some (very) small portions of food in here and there, even though I start purées on Wednesday, and my body has had no issues keeping down anything! It gives me more energy and makes me feel a lot better. The only thing that still bothers me is I still have a lot of gas… and I can’t sleep well at night because I sleep on my side. I am SO sick of sleeping on my back. Good luck to everyone’s recoveries!!

17 minutes ago, TRClark23 said:

I have a case of those too waiting on stand by! lol...

I'm about to start on a case of Cafe Latte, I'm not going to hold my breath!

Try the strawberry banana! Taste like a milkshake 😋

That's exactly what I thought once I had the surgery that they were not be any hunger pains. Today isn't as bad as yesterday but they are still there. Omg if eggs are nasty to me imma pass out on the floor lol 🤣 😆 🤪

Carla Ogwin that’s sucks that nothing taste good. I hope my taste buds don’t change to much. I think my body doesn’t like crystal light anymore. I keep having this pain in my left shoulder chest. Idk if it’s gas or just from me sleeping on it.

Hi everyone. I just had my sleeve on the 16th. It seems like almost everyone on here has no pain but I have so much. It’s kind of alarming. The worst part though is my blurry eyes. I can barely see.

That is crazy, I literally thought it was me and my age, seriously, so mow I know I'm not going crazy everytime I would go I I felt like I was particially blind, I had to break out my glasses and look on the shelves, now I'm concerned

40 minutes ago, Nicnak said:

Hi everyone. I just had my sleeve on the 16th. It seems like almost everyone on here has no pain but I have so much. It’s kind of alarming. The worst part though is my blurry eyes. I can barely see.

Hello. You're not alone. I got my surgery on the 14th and I'm in a lot of pain myself, mostly through the larger incision site. I've only been prescribed Tylenol which isn't helping. I'm praying that my doc agrees to prescribe an opioid tomorrow. The blurry eyes is quite concerning though. I would get that checked out immediately. What are you currently taking for pain relief?