Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys I am having it bad right now. Under the regiment that my doctor has me on I can not have purées until week 4 which is still8 days away. I also have some texture problems when it comes to oatmeal or pudding. On week two I was allowed to start sugar free pudding and applesauce. The applesauce is way to sweet for me right now and it the no sugar added. Hasn’t made me dump but sure has made me nauseous. Tomorrow I can start oatmeal!! Yay for others not so much for me! I just want to taste something other than Protein Drinks. I have been doing my Water and Protein goal just fine it’s just getting hard to make myself drink it. It’s one more week and i know I can do it but it’s really still just another week of protein drinks and water. Also starting to get to my first stall which is kinda annoying but I know I just need to keep walking and drinking. I know it happens and understand why just one of those things you have to get pass. I have told my husband to take the scale away and I’ll measure myself on Wednesday and Sunday instead of everyday. Sorry for long rant just need to say it to other that understand.

Allison I totally understand!! I haven’t tried pudding as the unsweetened applesauce is more than sweet enough.
Finally had a real BM today. Not a green Brussels sprout. I feel so much better!! I am back on Miralax as I don’t want to go through that again.
The reason I shared the egg custard is it’s loaded with Protein not icky sweet and same consistency as pudding

I can drink like 32 oz of Water in like an hour. Is that normal? I’m 3 weeks post op.

5 hours ago, Loot said:

I can drink like 32 oz of Water in like an hour. Is that normal? I’m 3 weeks post op.

Great question. I’d love to hear everyones input too.
I’m not even 2 weeks post op and am drinking alot as well. I went on a 2 mile walk yesterday, came back hot and sweaty then drank 20 oz gatorade zero in less than 30 minutes. my liquid intake and tolerance levels have increased.. did I stretch my pouch?😩

6 hours ago, Loot said:

At my 2-week post op group class with the surgeon’s nutritionist at Miami UHealth, we were told to increase our water/liquid intake significantly. 3liters for those 200-250, and 3.5liters for 250-300. 1 liters is equivalent just over 33 ounces. I’m not there yet, but I can generally take in 80 ounces with no problem.

On another note I lost 9 pounds the first week and have been in a full stall for two weeks. I really hope it ends soon, but I feel good and am being patient to see weight loss after a period of healing.

Edited by travelgal

Yes I can drink easily too, so grateful for that. I've had 2 good days in a row now with little nausea, feeling pretty good overall. Eating 3 to 4 ounces per meal. I've hit the stall too, actually put on a pound, not letting it worry me, just part of the journey. I'm so constipated so taking stuff, hope it works asap.

CarolineLittle
Yep Constipation was awful finally semi normal bm yesterday. What a relief! I can drink more Water just afraid of stretching my pouch. I am at a stall too, gained 2 lbs.
not walking as much as I should. Only 1 mile. See doctor tomorrow hope the drains come out. Anyone else have drains? I had some complications and think that may be why I have them. Also hope doctor moves me to soft food stage

I am able to put down liquids pretty easily as well. 32oz in an hour is definitely possible. I have averaged a little over 100 oz per day for the past 5 days. I don't think it is an issue at all because liquids (especially water) will just go right through your stomach if you don't have any food in their (can't remember if I am just making this up, or if I saw it on a youtube). As long as their isn't anything in your stomach to absorb the liquids, they pass through pretty quickly.

20 hours ago, allisonparrett said:

Guys I am having it bad right now. Under the regiment that my doctor has me on I can not have purées until week 4 which is still8 days away. I also have some texture problems when it comes to oatmeal or pudding. On week two I was allowed to start sugar free pudding and applesauce. The applesauce is way to sweet for me right now and it the no sugar added. Hasn’t made me dump but sure has made me nauseous. Tomorrow I can start oatmeal!! Yay for others not so much for me! I just want to taste something other than Protein Drinks. I have been doing my Water and Protein goal just fine it’s just getting hard to make myself drink it. It’s one more week and i know I can do it but it’s really still just another week of Protein drinks and Water. Also starting to get to my first stall which is kinda annoying but I know I just need to keep walking and drinking. I know it happens and understand why just one of those things you have to get pass. I have told my husband to take the scale away and I’ll measure myself on Wednesday and Sunday instead of everyday. Sorry for long rant just need to say it to other that understand.

Hang in there Allison. To steal a line from Crossfit, you have to embrace the suck. It will be worth it in the end.

Yes liquids pass in 5 to 15 minutes, pretty quick. 100 ounces is amazing.

I would have to sit on the toilet & just let it drain thru at 100 oz

Excited seeing doctor this morning. Hope to get the drains removed and move on to purée

17 minutes ago, Gabbie-1 said:

Excited seeing doctor this morning. Hope to get the drains removed and move on to purée

Good luck on the appointment, I never had drains fortunately, I was expecting them and dreading the removal. Hope all goes well!

I had a week of solid pain after my surgery, I believe it was gas buildup, but once it all passed I felt great, which surgery did you have? I had the bypass, but I heard the VSG is much more painful to recover from