Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just now, la.nena said:

Oh I’m in soft food stage already. I’m going to have to make some lol.

I start soft food Thursday. I cannot wait.

Purée the meat and sauce save a tiny bit of sauce to top it with

Use electrolytes they help hydrate and fight the fatigue

Hi all! First time posting. Had VSG Monday, May 22nd. Just following this thread as I’m in the first week home and I’m absorbing tips.

21 minutes ago, TippyDScale said:

Hi all! First time posting. Had VSG Monday, May 22nd. Just following this thread as I’m in the first week home and I’m absorbing tips.

Congratulations on your surgery. How are you feeling? Do you have any questions?

On 05/28/2023 at 03:26, Mammaptp said:

My surgery is tomorrow 29 may, and I'm scared, I've been crying all day

Which one are you having? I was really scared too. I had sleeve on May 11th. Keep your head up. Everything is going to be ok. You got this!

3 hours ago, Mammaptp said:

You got this! I do understand that it is a big, life changing event, but it will be totally worth it. What are you most scared about?

4 hours ago, Mammaptp said:

I hope it goes well, we're all here for you. It's a huge step that will all be worth it.

I had gastric bypass Roux N Y on May 3rd. First two weeks were pretty good, no pain or nausea at all really. Now, for the past week I seem to have nausea all the time. Everything I try to eat tastes disgusting to me and makes me want to gag. I'm barely eating anything at all. I feel like I wake up nauseated and stay that way all day. I am able to get Water down, but food is almost a no go at this point. I absolutely hate the Protein Drinks. Just the thought of them makes me want to puke. I've tried several different ones and unflavored powders, as well as a Protein "lemonade" mix, and protein water and I just can't. I'm so over this at this point. Hoping it gets better soon. It's not even the taste of food that I miss, it's the being able to eat without wanting to vomit just thinking about it.

LilLiza I am so sorry! Yes Protein drinks are disgusting!!! I made some egg custard adding protein po

LilLiza
My phone acts up
Egg custard recipe
Preheat oven to 350 f
Place in blender
6 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla Protein powder
After blending let sit so the foam goes away
Place 6 ramekins in a larger baking dish, pour warm Water to 1/2 way up the sides
Fill ramekins 2/3 full bake for 35 minutes
2 cups (your choice of milk)

The milk goes in the blender with everything else. If not sweet enough add a little sweetener next time

Had my VSG May 19, 2023. Feeling pretty good, walking up to 2 miles at a time at 2.5 to 3.0mph. I am looking forward to transitioning to puréed diet. Looking forward to the journey with my May 2023 buddies!