Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started 213 goal 150 current 294. As I understand because I (only we know that’s a dangerous word) have 44 lbs to lose, I will lose more slowly. Is that true and what should I expect?

Things to pack for hospital stay something comfy and loose to wear like a nice comfy pair of pajamas home, Slip on shoes, toothpaste and toothbrush, comb or brush, a pillow for your tummy (especially the ride home) Good luck we are all rooting for you

5 hours ago, Caitotornado said:

I am getting so frustrated. I’m having a hard time meeting my daily Protein and Water goals ☹️

Same, don't stress too much. This initial phase is hard, just do your best. Once we're all eating normally it should be easier to hit protien goals. I'm vegetarian so its a bit harder and I'll be relying a bit on the Snacks between meals to be high Protein. I cant fit in snacks yet. I think i need to set a timer to drink. I can drink just fine, I need to force myself too though.

7 hours ago, AmandaD. said:

Sorry if this was already discussed, starting to think about what to pack for next Wednesday - any essentials you guys were glad was in your hospital bag?? Thank you!!

The only thing I ended up taking out was my tablet and charger. I wore the same clothes home. I slept all day after my surgery, just waking up for small periods. The next day I had a 2 hour nap and went to bed at 7.30pm. I focussed on drinking so I could go home! Good luck next week!

On 06/01/2023 at 19:47, AmandaD. said:

Sorry if this was already discussed, starting to think about what to pack for next Wednesday - any essentials you guys were glad was in your hospital bag?? Thank you!!

Which surgery are you having? I was in and out same day so I didn’t take anything. Just wore comfy clothes. I napped before surgery. But definitely phone charger.

On 5/28/2023 at 12:31 AM, LindsayT said:

Congratulations on your surgery. How are you feeling? Do you have any questions?

Thank you. I am on week 2 right now doing purée foods and so far so good. I feel like I am eating and drinking too much. It’s weird since day one I’ve not had trouble eating or drinking liquids other than making sure I go slow, I feel like I’m taking in 4oz of purée at a time. Other than that the incision where the stomach was removed is still sore but I am able to bend and walk. Hope everyone is feeling better this month as well!

39 minutes ago, TippyDScale said:

Thank you. I am on week 2 right now doing purée foods and so far so good. I feel like I am eating and drinking too much. It’s weird since day one I’ve not had trouble eating or drinking liquids other than making sure I go slow, I feel like I’m taking in 4oz of purée at a time. Other than that the incision where the stomach was removed is still sore but I am able to bend and walk. Hope everyone is feeling better this month as well!

Awesome. I'm glad things are going well. I don't think you could drink too much. There are days I get to 80 oz of fluids.

Make sure you're measuring your puree to whatever amount your team says. For me, I could have 4 oz. That should take 30ish minutes to eat. If I didn't finish in 30 minutes, I had to stop eating. Your program may be different. The point of measuring is it can be hard to recognize your restrictions at this stage.

Best.

3 hours ago, LindsayT said:

Awesome. I'm glad things are going well. I don't think you could drink too much. There are days I get to 80 oz of fluids.

Make sure you're measuring your puree to whatever amount your team says. For me, I could have 4 oz. That should take 30ish minutes to eat. If I didn't finish in 30 minutes, I had to stop eating. Your program may be different. The point of measuring is it can be hard to recognize your restrictions at this stage.

Best.

That’s a great tip. Because I sure felt like my restrictions aren’t kicking in as much.

Surgery done on May 31st and it went good. My doctor was pleased. I took a nausea pill before surgery and a patch was placed behind my ear for nausea. So no nausea for me!! I stayed overnight and walked every 2 hours. I am able to keep liquids down with no problem but I get full quickly. I had revision surgery distal bypass. I am sore but I take the liquid Tylenol for that. I'm not hungry, but I am sipping on Premier Protein clear and the milky Protein Premier.

Edited by Y. Hightower

I am three days post-op (May30th), and I am excited to see where this journey will take me!

Lulugirl70 same! Brand new and found after surgery. Pain is mainly from the gas they used and walking is a bit of a challenge due to my hips having pain from weight gain. Small steps and sips all day long!

My biggest issue is I still need to nap a lot. Hubby wants to blame the walking, but I am only doing about a mile a day

I am also going to blow off a little steam here guys. As you all know getting Protein in isn’t easy. Yesterday I grabbed some protein custard from the fridge and Hubby said “eating again?” That was like a knife in my back.

1 hour ago, Gabbie-1 said:

I am also going to blow off a little steam here guys. As you all know getting Protein in isn’t easy. Yesterday I grabbed some Protein custard from the fridge and Hubby said “eating again?” That was like a knife in my back.

That's rough. Have you explained to him what our diet looks like? I feel like all I do ALL DAY is eat and drink.