Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, Gabbie-1 said:

I am also going to blow off a little steam here guys. As you all know getting Protein in isn’t easy. Yesterday I grabbed some Protein custard from the fridge and Hubby said “eating again?” That was like a knife in my back.

Oh wow does he understand your goal for protein? And, your calorie intake has drastically reduced? Suggestion, maybe if you post a diary in your kitchen of what you are eating daily, then he may be able to understand. Good luck!!

16 hours ago, la.nena said:

Ok so I’m now 3 weeks post op and today everything taste like metal. 😑 why does this randomly happen?

It happened to me too…I think it’s the Multivitamin w/iron but I almost gave up on Protein Shakes because I thought that is what tasted like metal

13 hours ago, Gabbie-1 said:

I am also going to blow off a little steam here guys. As you all know getting Protein in isn’t easy. Yesterday I grabbed some Protein custard from the fridge and Hubby said “eating again?” That was like a knife in my back.

Gabbie, you should say something to him. Let him know (in a nice way) that it bothered you, and potentially made you feel guilty (if it did). And that guilt leads to bad outcomes, not good ones. Speaking as a man, we are sometimes oblivious to what we say and how it affects people.

Thanks Lipman! I did talk to him. His Brother had the surgery years ago and overate busting stitches very severe consequences. Weeks in hospital. He doesn’t want that happening to me.

7 hours ago, Gabbie-1 said:

Thanks Lipman! I did talk to him. His Brother had the surgery years ago and overate busting stitches very severe consequences. Weeks in hospital. He doesn’t want that happening to me.

I just had a similar conversation with my wife today :) She is worried about long term results and wants me to stick to the plan 100%. I politely told her that I am the one who has been to all of the information sessions, watched dozens of hours of youtube videos, and read a whole bunch on the surgery. Then I explained to her how her comments made me feel (guilty and ashamed). I think it was a very productive talk. We just have to remember they are coming from a place of love. Glad you and your hubby were able to talk through it.

My hubby has started the Atkins diet and seems frustrated he isn’t losing weight faster

8 hours ago, idiaz130 said:

Just had my surgery on 5/26 👋🏼 I’m still in phase 1 Clear Liquids. But I’m starting to get to a place where I’m hungry :( anyone have any tips?

Are you hungry hungry, or do you just have desires from seeing/smelling/being around food? I found that I wasn't really hungry, but when I would see something that I liked (pizza, tortilla chips, etc), I would "get hungry". That would pass quickly once the food was removed.

If it is actual hunger, then I can't help you there as I didn't experience that. Sorry :)

I too don’t feel true hunger, desire for stuff I shouldn’t eat yep I have that

So the last 3 days I can’t meet my Protein goal. I’m on soft foods. Only 1 Protein Drink a day. I’m never really hungry. I try and eat and take 3 bites and I’m done. I meet my liquid goal but that’s it. My dr wants me to eat 3 to 4 small meals a day and try not to do more then 1 protein drink. I’m never hungry 😑

6 minutes ago, la.nena said:

So the last 3 days I can’t meet my Protein goal. I’m on soft foods. Only 1 Protein Drink a day. I’m never really hungry. I try and eat and take 3 bites and I’m done. I meet my liquid goal but that’s it. My dr wants me to eat 3 to 4 small meals a day and try not to do more then 1 Protein drink. I’m never hungry 😑

I found tuna has a lot of protein. You can add unflavored protein to anything liquid or pureed. If you are set on foods for protein, set a timer and not wait until you're hungry.

La.nena,

I just started soft foods today and don't think I could do it with just 1 Protein drink either. Saw my doctor today and he said to try and replace the drinks, but make sure to keep supplementing with them to hit my goals.

For reference, today I had

1/2 egg

1/3 of a greek yogurt mixed with vanilla Protein Powder

1 cheese stick

75% of a turkey stick

25% of a ricotta bake (which was yummy)

I honestly could have done without the cheese stick as I am not sure that I was really that hungry, and it was decently close to dinner time (like 90m before). I ended up hitting the same protein level I had yesterday, but got 10g more of fat and 2g more of carbs. Overall, very happy with the day.

I am making lasagna for dinner. I am on the soft food stage. Using zucchini slices instead of noodles (be sure to peel them too). Ground Turkey instead of sausage and beef. Once meat, onions, garlic and mushrooms were cooked through, I dumped in blender and ground it up. Made my sauce and added meat mixture. Did my layers using zucchini slices as noodle layer baked as normal. Yummy everyone including me gets some.
I have decided to make casseroles and grind the meat up

On 06/05/2023 at 18:56, LindsayT said:

I found tuna has a lot of Protein. You can add unflavored Protein to anything liquid or pureed. If you are set on foods for protein, set a timer and not wait until you're hungry.

So not a fan of tuna lol. I am never hungry so it makes it even harder. 🫤

On 06/05/2023 at 19:07, Lipman said:

La.nena,

I just started soft foods today and don't think I could do it with just 1 Protein Drink either. Saw my doctor today and he said to try and replace the drinks, but make sure to keep supplementing with them to hit my goals.

For reference, today I had

1/2 egg

1/3 of a greek yogurt mixed with vanilla Protein Powder

1 cheese stick

75% of a turkey stick

25% of a ricotta bake (which was yummy)

I honestly could have done without the cheese stick as I am not sure that I was really that hungry, and it was decently close to dinner time (like 90m before). I ended up hitting the same Protein level I had yesterday, but got 10g more of fat and 2g more of carbs. Overall, very happy with the day.

I tried to make a hard boiled egg yesterday. I ate 1/4 of it. I couldn’t eat all of that in one day. The struggle is real. I’m almost 4weeks post op. It’s like my appetite left me after 3 weeks.