Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 minutes ago, Lipman said:

Ok, I need to know what this thing is. I am fairly certain I am going to need this in my life!

I thought y'all were talking about the Ricotta Bake, but the recipe that Lindsay linked didn't say anything about spaghetti sauce (I am assuming that red stuff is the sauce).

https://bariatricbits.com/single-serve-baked-ricotta/

Yes! Sauce it. Make sure it's smooth though. You can puree your favorite sauce. However, watch the sugar content. A lot of sauces have added sugar.

8 hours ago, CarolineLittle said:

Yes I'm sleeping so much Lindsay. And I feel pretty weak. I still have nausea every day. My post op appt was today and I just couldn't go so thankfully we did it by phone. He's ordered blood work for me as my nausea at this stage is abnormal and wants to see if somethings going on. He's also sent me scripts for 2 new meds. He says my fatigue is due in part to rapid weight loss. I've lost 11kgs or 24.2pds in 2 weeks which he was surprised to hear. I'm to to stop my Vitamins for 2 weeks to see if that helps. The nausea was so bad this morning I threw up. I'm really thirsty which is good as drinking then doesn't feel like a chore.

My 18yo asked me this morning if this was expected to be feeling like I am? Heck no lol. I anticipated a lot but not 2 weeks of nausea and to be repulsed by many foods.

Being constantly nauseated and vomiting sounds really bad. It would also require you to drink more fluids than is normally required.

A friend of mine had a problem where anti-nausea medication caused her to be nauseated. That really messed things up for her. She only stopped being nauseated when she stopped taking those meds.

I had that with a different ant nausea med

4 hours ago, Lipman said:

Ok, I need to know what this thing is. I am fairly certain I am going to need this in my life!

I thought y'all were talking about the Ricotta Bake, but the recipe that Lindsay linked didn't say anything about spaghetti sauce (I am assuming that red stuff is the sauce).

It is the ricotta bake the marinara sauce is optional so is the little extra mozzarella…

here is the link to the recipe I used

https://bariatricbits.com/single-serve-baked-ricotta/

Had my first episode of dumping syndrome. 😑 two weeks PO. What do you guys do to feel better? I almost don’t want to eat now.

1 minute ago, la.nena said:

Had my first episode of dumping syndrome. 😑 two weeks PO. What do you guys do to feel better? I almost don’t want to eat now.

I'm not sure there is any fixing it once it starts; you just got to ride it out. Remember little to no sugar or fat.

On 5/23/2023 at 6:28 AM, rockystart94 said:

Hi I just came up on the site. My surgery is scheduled for 24May,

How did surgery go? Are u able to sip anything? Asking cuz I had mine the 24th as well. Not too bad as far as pain goes. How is you pain right now

Cindy

13 hours ago, Cindyptaylor said:

How did surgery go? Are u able to sip anything? Asking cuz I had mine the 24th as well. Not too bad as far as pain goes. How is you pain right now

Cindy

Congrats Cindy! Hope your recovery goes smoothly, it gets better every day...

On 5/25/2023 at 9:35 AM, Gabbie-1 said:

Stupid phone, I am not losing like you ladies 😢 but I am happy for you both. Think I have turned a corner and back on the mend. Time for the tiredness to go away.

The tiredness gets better. Today was the first today that I didn’t take a nap.

I feel you on not losing like the others. It’s disheartening and I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong. Just keep crossing my fingers that I’ll have my successes like all of the other people.

Hey hey! I had my sleeve surgery May 25th and was discharged today )May26th). Everything went so well; I'm in barely any pain; barely had gas pain it seems; my throat is sore but I'm able to get liquids down; taste buds are in check.

I was a nervous but "I did it;".

Only sad thing is a friend got me edible arrangements and I can't eat them; relative froze some of them so I can have them later and family is having a field day eating them.

On 05/25/2023 at 18:32, LindsayT said:

I'm not sure there is any fixing it once it starts; you just got to ride it out. Remember little to no sugar or fat.

Thanks. I’m definitely doing everything right. I ended up just having chicken broth with unflavored Protein for dinner that night and it helped settle my stomach.

Good morning wishing you all a blessed day full of healing progress
I think I am turning the corner and getting better.
On a less pleasant note, anyone else having green poo?