Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, la.nena said:

Surgery gastric sleeve went so smooth yesterday I went home same day. Minimal pain. Was up and walking like nothing. I will say walking feels great. Not a lot of gas pain either. I was so scared and everything went wonderful. Walk walk walk guys. It makes a difference. Excited for my new journey.

So happy to read this. My surgery is Monday morning and I am absolutely terrified of the post-op pain.

7 hours ago, la.nena said:

Surgery gastric sleeve went so smooth yesterday I went home same day. Minimal pain. Was up and walking like nothing. I will say walking feels great. Not a lot of gas pain either. I was so scared and everything went wonderful. Walk walk walk guys. It makes a difference. Excited for my new journey.

Yes! I was afraid too but it’s been so smooth! I’m getting ready to leave for home and looking forward to the comfort there. I just said “it feels like nothing really happened!” I know i’ll notice it soon.

11 hours ago, la.nena said:

That's great! I was out for the count the day off, so tired from the surgery and drugs given. I hope recovery continues to be wonderful. How is your Fluid intake going? My fave thing so far is vegetable broth. My oldest has made me pineapple jelly so I'm looking forward to that later.

On 05/12/2023 at 18:30, CarolineLittle said:

That's great! I was out for the count the day off, so tired from the surgery and drugs given. I hope recovery continues to be wonderful. How is your Fluid intake going? My fave thing so far is vegetable broth. My oldest has made me pineapple jelly so I'm looking forward to that later.

Fluid have been going great too. Got about 50oz today. I did a little a Jello and some chicken broth. Lots of Water.

48 minutes ago, Gramachristy said:

Having mine on the 16th

Good luck!!! Mine is in 12 days and I am already anxious for it!!

O

1 minute ago, Cindyptaylor said:

Good luck!!! Mine is in 12 days and I am already anxious for it!!

Thank you! Good luck with yours also. I'm very excited and a little nervous. I'm glad I picked my tablet up and reached out! I barely found this site. Cool!

Updating list, if you're name is missing let me know.

1 May - LindsayT, SleeveMeAlone23

2 May - lunababe75, k.e.white, Morenalove

3 May - matt917, LittleRouxenyhood, skeefe, Miss Sunshine P

4 May - Laryssa, ajrp001, Judoway

5 May - Sheri, slares2005

9 May - travelgal, Ana83, flasandollar, theProcess, SNEESE, rolawre

10 May - CarolineLittle, Jason Jacobson, IAMPERFECTION2, baribabe89

11 May - ElizabethMW, Rhys, la.nena, rosemaryandcedar, Loot

12 May - Kimmie77#thinagain, LisaRT. mar19661

15 May - Gabbie-1, gerada70, irreverentgamer, destructapie

16 May - turkaffe, mmrondot, Gramachristy

17 May - Teamme2023_, Su Zy, SleevedGyal601, dIsLosingIt

18 May - Caitotornado

19 May - Kiki28

20 May - Srxpadillaa, Vacs77

22 May - AmandaD, Daniel F

24 May - Shemleylodge, Cindyptaylor

25 May - uniVee, Svet

29 May - DreaM209

30 May - LuluGirl70

31 May - Y. Hightower

Hey y'all! I had my VSG on May 4th, along with a hiatal and abdominal hernia repairs. Everything went well except the JP drain they put caused me to have intense sharp pain in my left shoulder, most often when I bent to sit; the pain would then last for a good 20-30 minutes. I spent 6 nights sleeping on the recliner because of the pain. Thankfully, the drain was finally removed yesterday and I got the first good night's sleep in my bed in over a week!

I didn't have too much pain after surgery (other than the shoulder pain) except for on the incision sites. I walked every couple of hours, many times in a hunched position because of the shoulder pain, so that wasn't fun. I haven't had any issues with getting in my fluids and Protein though it took 2 days before I could reach the minimum required. Healing has gone great and I graduated to the pureed stage yesterday but I couldn't do more than one pureed meal. I'm still having a lot of gas in my stomach and have to take gas pills to help alleviate it a little. Dr says that should get better as I progress into the pureed & soft stages.

I'm sorry for those of you who have had or are having a tough time after surgery. I'm keeping you in my prayers for a quick recovery!

On 05/05/2023 at 16:35, Cindyptaylor said:

Anyone here live in Utah?

I am!

3 hours ago, Laryssa said:

Hey y'all! I had my VSG on May 4th, along with a hiatal and abdominal hernia repairs. Everything went well except the JP drain they put caused me to have intense sharp pain in my left shoulder, most often when I bent to sit; the pain would then last for a good 20-30 minutes. I spent 6 nights sleeping on the recliner because of the pain. Thankfully, the drain was finally removed yesterday and I got the first good night's sleep in my bed in over a week!

I didn't have too much pain after surgery (other than the shoulder pain) except for on the incision sites. I walked every couple of hours, many times in a hunched position because of the shoulder pain, so that wasn't fun. I haven't had any issues with getting in my fluids and Protein though it took 2 days before I could reach the minimum required. Healing has gone great and I graduated to the pureed stage yesterday but I couldn't do more than one pureed meal. I'm still having a lot of gas in my stomach and have to take gas pills to help alleviate it a little. Dr says that should get better as I progress into the pureed & soft stages.

I'm sorry for those of you who have had or are having a tough time after surgery. I'm keeping you in my prayers for a quick recovery!

It sounds like you’ve had a rough go of it. Hope you are feeling a little better each day. I will pray for a great recovery. Mine is in 10 days and getting nervous. I have had a rough surgery 35 years ago, back in the old days (not Bariatric). And it was horrific. Medicine has come along ways. I am so glad they do laparoscopic surgery and have much better pain control . Hang in there it will get better..

47 minutes ago, Loot said:

I am!

That’s great! What city ? Where are you going to get your surgery?