Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

33 minutes ago, Slwhurst said:

I hit one for a while but am 45 lbs away from my goal and according to my dr I only have a few more weeks to reach it. He wanted me there by the 6th month and I don’t see it happening… I am so disappointed!

We should have a whole year and even more to reach our goal. Everyone is different so its sad if your surgeon put that stress on you to do it extra fast. As long as your weight is not going up and still trending down then you are doing great. No idea why they would expect you to reach a certain weight by a certain date. Hugs!

On 02/05/2023 at 17:51, Hope4NewMe said:

We should have a whole year and even more to reach our goal. Everyone is different so its sad if your surgeon put that stress on you to do it extra fast. As long as your weight is not going up and still trending down then you are doing great. No idea why they would expect you to reach a certain weight by a certain date. Hugs!

He said there is a possibility of regaining the “hunger” after 6 months so that was his reasoning for wanting it all gone by then. Apparently he is the only doctor that is so strict cause everyone I know said a year as well…

hi all. i haven’t been on here in so long but i’m around. i’m finally 60 pounds down from a 9/22 surgery date. i guess that’s okay i won’t complain. i’m at the Hair loss stage right now and while it’s not always on my mind i get pretty sad when i see how much im balding around my front edges

On 2/24/2023 at 12:10 AM, TheLosingGame said:

hi all. i haven’t been on here in so long but i’m around. i’m finally 60 pounds down from a 9/22 surgery date. i guess that’s okay i won’t complain. i’m at the Hair loss stage right now and while it’s not always on my mind i get pretty sad when i see how much im balding around my front edges

60 pounds is awesome! This Hair loss stage is not fun at all and I feel the same way. I burned the top pf my head thanks to hair loss yuck, Hopefully time passes fast and our hair will come back healthier than ever.

8 hours ago, Hope4NewMe said:

60 pounds is awesome! This Hair loss stage is not fun at all and I feel the same way. I burned the top pf my head thanks to hair loss yuck, Hopefully time passes fast and our hair will come back healthier than ever.

That's fantastic! Way to go! Hang in there, the hair will grow back, that 60 lbs is a great trade-off for the temp Hair loss, although while it's happening, it's hard to see the temporary part of it, right? That was what bummed me out, too. Hard to see the upside - except when we look further down in the mirror!

as of today, i have officially lost 100 pounds since my gastric bypass in september 2022! i still have 65 pounds to go and 50 pound until onederland, but im feeling so optimistic right now! :D

i am going to be traveling next month and ive been worrying about fitting in the airplane seats, but i think im good.. hopefully anyway. im wearing a size 16 pants and somewhere between a large and xlarge tops. nothing i own fits anymore! xD

my tummy system has turned a corner within the past month. i no longer feel nauseous when i try and eat anything, and im able to eat thin toasted breads, and raw vegetables finally.

as far as exercise is concerned, my legs are getting stronk and my upper body is so far behind. im still losing hair.. i have a full hairbrush of hair lost everyday.. im surprised i have any left. o.O i hope you guys are doing well! ❤️

14 hours ago, kukuiokalani said:

as of today, i have officially lost 100 pounds since my gastric bypass in september 2022! i still have 65 pounds to go and 50 pound until onederland, but im feeling so optimistic right now! :D

i am going to be traveling next month and ive been worrying about fitting in the airplane seats, but i think im good.. hopefully anyway. im wearing a size 16 pants and somewhere between a large and xlarge tops. nothing i own fits anymore! xD

my tummy system has turned a corner within the past month. i no longer feel nauseous when i try and eat anything, and im able to eat thin toasted breads, and raw vegetables finally.

as far as exercise is concerned, my legs are getting stronk and my upper body is so far behind. im still losing hair.. i have a full hairbrush of hair lost everyday.. im surprised i have any left. o.O i hope you guys are doing well! ❤️

Congrats!! 100 lbs is amazing!! You should have no trouble at all in the seats if you are wearing a size 16. Hope its a fun trip! At least the travel itself will be fine. Glad you are feeling better and can eat better and are doing so well with exercise too! Sounds like you are doing beautifully :) Thank you for the update. Its great to hear how people are doing.

I asked my dr today about the Hair loss and he said to start taking Biotin and that it usually lasts until the 9th month. I'm so sad to hear that I might have 3 more months of this because I'll have none left! Oh well, it'll grow back I guess.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:41 PM, DownsizieMe said:

That's fantastic! Way to go! Hang in there, the hair will grow back, that 60 lbs is a great trade-off for the temp Hair loss, although while it's happening, it's hard to see the temporary part of it, right? That was what bummed me out, too. Hard to see the upside - except when we look further down in the mirror!

I'm glad you all are talking about this. The Hair loss has been horrible for me. I have lost around 65 lbs since surgery, ninety-five total, still have about 60 more to go.

2 hours ago, nymisc said:

I'm glad you all are talking about this. The Hair loss has been horrible for me. I have lost around 65 lbs since surgery, ninety-five total, still have about 60 more to go.

The Biotin my Dr told me to take does seem to be helping. I'm still losing hair but its like half of what I was losing. I'll take every bit of help I can get lol. Sounds like you are doing great though - good job! Hope our hair issues are a thing of the past soon.

hw 410
sw 355
cw 228
gw 185

may update time! i just got back from a month and a half long trip to peru (iykyk)! first off - i fit in the plane seats! i lost about 30 lbs while i was in peru and i feel amazing. my hair has seemed to have finally stopped falling out and i’ve got tons of inch-long whispies of new Hair growth coming back in.

food-wise, my stomach-pouch has DEFINITELY started letting me feel my restriction. i read somewhere that it might take six months for nerve endings to grow back in the tummy pouch and man i can really feel it. i can probably eat around 1/2 to 3/4 cups of food at a time and i have a very obvious cutoff. i have to be more careful with my hydration intake now, too. until recently, i haven’t really needed to wait very long after eating to resume drinking Water, but now i have to wait 15ish minutes or i get nauseous or throw up.

i just started going back to the gym after being gone for a month and a half. i think i lost quite a bit of muscle while i was on vacation, but i’m working on building my strength back up. :) i have a very active home life; i have a farm with a dozen goats, and two dozen chickens, and four herding dogs, and a large vegetable garden to manage, and fields to till and seed. it’s been busy!

i feel great and feel like all my hard work is paying off. :) i’m currently a size 14 / large, and i own zero clothes that fit. yesterday, i sorted through all my clothes that don’t fit and they’re in the wash right now so i can donate them to a secondhand store.

i hope you guys are doing well! i really felt tons different once i passed the six-months post-op mark, and i’m curious if that’s been your experiences as well. :)

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

Wow, you are doing amazing!! Thank you for sharing how you are doing. I keep wondering how our group is progressing. You look wonderful and sounds like you are on a great track. My progress has slowed down sooo much. I even adjusted my goal to just hit normal weight so that it would look closer and help my brain mentality. I am really close but I sat at the same weight for almost 2 months and just last week had a nice 5 lb loss all at once. So I'm guessing it was the breaking of the stall at last, But these last 10 lbs and hopefully more might take me another year at the rate I'm going. My restriction is still the same, which was never very restricted to begin with. I'm still not super hungry yet which I'm happy about. My Hair loss is slowing and I have baby hairs sprouting up in curls which looks weird but I'm happy to have them. I need to get back into the positive mindset because these last few month of no loss or very little loss has been depressing and I need to start appreciating all the good changes. Thank you for updating though and I hope more people come back and update too :)

4 minutes ago, klburbine68 said:

Hi there! On second week of post gastric surgery, down 23 pounds from pre diet, so 4 weeks of shakes! Feeling great, stomach is healing !

Glad you are feeling so well so fast! The liquid diet was the hardest, hopefully you can move to more interesting food soon. The time does go faster than I expected though. Great job on the weight loss!

Just got my date of September 11th! I'm very excited, nervous, anxious. What are good ideas to focus on a on for the few weeks?