Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

29 minutes ago, Garfield1987 said:

2. I’ll def look into Probiotics. This is a good idea.

Don't forget prebiotics too! These may be even more important.

Y’all I hit oneder land today! And my nsv for now is my ass is no longer so big a pup can sit on my hip between me and the car door while I drive and not fall through the hole. Side not pupper is ok and was only stuck in that hole for a second before I stopped and retrieved him and rearranged the seating for him lol!

22 hours ago, Slwhurst said:

Y’all I hit oneder land today! And my nsv for now is my ass is no longer so big a pup can sit on my hip between me and the car door while I drive and not fall through the hole. Side not pupper is ok and was only stuck in that hole for a second before I stopped and retrieved him and rearranged the seating for him lol!

Congrats! I have been 2 pounds away for weeks now but I can't wait until I join you. I've only lost 30 pounds but I have a few fun nsv like my watch was on the last hole and tight enough to leave marks on my wrist but now it rotates freely around and around. I could tighten it but I love seeing the evidence of the weight loss lol. My wedding ring is getting dangerously loose too. I almost couldn't take it off for the surgery because it was so tight and I never take it off anyway but now I check it often because I'm afraid it'll come off on its own. Little things like that make all that we've done to get to this point worth it :)

I broke my stall! I weighed 183 since Oct 26 & this morning I'm down 2lbs. Soooo happy! Almost down 20lbs since surgery.

15 hours ago, bbykitty said:

I broke my stall! I weighed 183 since Oct 26 & this morning I'm down 2lbs. Soooo happy! Almost down 20lbs since surgery.

Congrats!!! I think I'm still in my stall. I waited a week to weight myself and I'm down a little bit from my lowest but its so close I'm going to wait and see. Stalls are the worst so I'm so happy for you!

I've also found my newest favorite drink. 2 things I hadn't tried, heating my Protein Shakes and fairlife vanilla so I tried it with a sf chai mix and it is the best! I found on Amazon David Rio sugar free Orca Spice Chai Tea Mix and it is amazing. I just looked right now and it seems almost sold out which worries me but I still have most of my container left atm.

What is everyone's favorite food or drink atm? Do your tastes change often? Mine seems to change weekly lol. I still have trouble with chicken too but so far everything else is ok.

On 11/14/2022 at 09:52, Hope4NewMe said:

Congrats!!! I think I'm still in my stall. I waited a week to weight myself and I'm down a little bit from my lowest but its so close I'm going to wait and see. Stalls are the worst so I'm so happy for you!

I've also found my newest favorite drink. 2 things I hadn't tried, heating my Protein Shakes and fairlife vanilla so I tried it with a sf chai mix and it is the best! I found on Amazon David Rio sugar free Orca Spice Chai Tea Mix and it is amazing. I just looked right now and it seems almost sold out which worries me but I still have most of my container left atm.

What is everyone's favorite food or drink atm? Do your tastes change often? Mine seems to change weekly lol. I still have trouble with chicken too but so far everything else is ok.

I no longer have a favorite food🥲 I have not been able to eat anything twice in a row without it making me sick. I have very much been the “what settles once won’t settle again” person…

13 hours ago, Hope4NewMe said:

I've also found my newest favorite drink. 2 things I hadn't tried, heating my Protein Shakes and fairlife vanilla so I tried it with a sf chai mix and it is the best! I found on Amazon David Rio  sugar free Orca Spice Chai Tea Mix and it is amazing. I just looked right now and it seems almost sold out which worries me but I still have most of my container left atm.

THANKS! It's such a relief. even after reading a million stories about how normal stalls are it still hurts my feelings. I hope yours starts to move again!

& chicken. I eat 3 small meals a day & every one has chicken. I switch up the sauce & seasoning & suddenly feel like I'm having a different meal. I'm at the point where I feel I'll never get tired of it haha

9 hours ago, bbykitty said:

THANKS! It's such a relief. even after reading a million stories about how normal stalls are it still hurts my feelings. I hope yours starts to move again!

& chicken. I eat 3 small meals a day & every one has chicken. I switch up the sauce & seasoning & suddenly feel like I'm having a different meal. I'm at the point where I feel I'll never get tired of it haha

I agree on the stalls. I know its normal and expected but I still felt like a failure. I wish I could eat chicken more. Its the perfect food to get the Protein without the extra fat. Right now I eat mostly ground pork because it has less fat than the beef I used to buy and its even cheaper then beef too. So win win but still not as good as chicken lol. What do you eat for Breakfast that has chicken? I have not been liking eggs so breakfast has been my hardest meal for protein unless I eat yogurt. Chili has been my favorite food atm. I bought some Hormel turkey chili and it was pretty yummy and not too bad for me, although seemed high in calories.

7 hours ago, Hope4NewMe said:

I agree on the stalls. I know its normal and expected but I still felt like a failure. I wish I could eat chicken more. Its the perfect food to get the Protein without the extra fat. Right now I eat mostly ground pork because it has less fat than the beef I used to buy and its even cheaper then beef too. So win win but still not as good as chicken lol. What do you eat for Breakfast that has chicken? I have not been liking eggs so breakfast has been my hardest meal for Protein unless I eat yogurt. Chili has been my favorite food atm. I bought some Hormel turkey chili and it was pretty yummy and not too bad for me, although seemed high in calories.

Ohhhhh I need to get ground pork! For some variety. Chili sounds amazing too. Especially now that it's colder, I need a nice comfort meal!

& for breakfast I eat grilled chicken breast w a runny sunny side up egg & 1 slice of avocado for extra creaminess. The texture of grilled chicken is kind of off putting for some for breakfast but the avocado & yolk helps makes it comforting

17 hours ago, bbykitty said:

Ohhhhh I need to get ground pork! For some variety. Chili sounds amazing too. Especially now that it's colder, I need a nice comfort meal!

& for breakfast I eat grilled chicken breast w a runny sunny side up egg & 1 slice of avocado for extra creaminess. The texture of grilled chicken is kind of off putting for some for breakfast but the avocado & yolk helps makes it comforting

That sounds like a great breakfast and good amount of protein! I love avocado and hopefully chicken and eggs will get better for me sooner rather then later.

I think my stall has officially broken after more than 3 weeks! Knock on every piece of wood and so hope I'm not jinxing myself lol. I have lost weight 3 days in a row so I'm counting that as breaking my stall. I'm sad that I didn't get a large weight loss like I've seen people post about after a stall, but I'm soooo happy just to be moving in the right direction again! Everything is so much easier without that stall hanging over me. I want to exercise again and I have energy just because I'm not as depressed. I never quit my walking but I just didn't want to do it or progress my routine. Now I'm back on track and excited again. Hopefully its a long time until my next stall lol.

i reached the 200s today! :D this morning the scale said 299.6 and i cried xD

3 hours ago, kukuiokalani said:

i reached the 200s today! :D this morning the scale said 299.6 and i cried xD

That's so awesome! Congrats!

I just tried to chew gum for the first time to suppress a craving. Less than 30mins later I spit it out. My stomach feels like it's inflated, completely filled with air.

This is apparently what happens when you also use a straw right? This is very uncomfortable! after tonight I'm ok w never using straws & chewing gum ever again lol

Edited by bbykitty

Yesterday I had my first experience of really going off the rails post surgery. We’re traveling and stopped within 2 miles of my favorite restaurant which we don’t have within hours of my house. So I ate my favorite chicken fingers and a couple hours later half a piece of cheesecake. Not gonna lie they were delicious but I definitely overate and probably hit 2000 calories yesterday. Otherwise I have been pretty much on track, even while traveling. How much do you think this will set me back weight loss-wise?

5 hours ago, bbykitty said:

I just tried to chew gum for the first time to suppress a craving. Less than 30mins later I spit it out. My stomach feels like it's inflated, completely filled with air.

This is apparently what happens when you also use a straw right? This is very uncomfortable! after tonight I'm ok w never using straws & chewing gum ever again lol

I haven't tried gum but I have used straws a few times with no issues. The cravings are something I understand though and I'm sad to have them. I was looking forward to not being hungry and being happy on my Protein diet, but it hasn't been as easy as I hoped.

3 hours ago, Cassandra Maughan said:

Yesterday I had my first experience of really going off the rails post surgery. We’re traveling and stopped within 2 miles of my favorite restaurant which we don’t have within hours of my house. So I ate my favorite chicken fingers and a couple hours later half a piece of cheesecake. Not gonna lie they were delicious but I definitely overate and probably hit 2000 calories yesterday. Otherwise I have been pretty much on track, even while traveling. How much do you think this will set me back weight loss-wise?

If its just a rare event then it shouldn't hurt anything at all as far as weight loss. The hard part is the mental one after a treat day. You realize you can eat those bad for you foods and then you want them more and more often. If you can handle the mental part and go back to the prescribed diet and stay on it then I think a treat day every once in a while can be fine. I plan on thanksgiving being my treat day and I'll eat the carbs and dessert and just relax for one day. This diet is like a full time job sometimes.