Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

At least your program doesn't forbid coffee/caffeine. My program says no caffeine, but that's getting ridiculous imo. There's no way I'm cutting out coffee, unless it doesn't sit well after surgery.

They technically said no coffee for the first couple weeks lol. But as long as i am getting my Water in and not using sugar or Creamers with sugar its ok. I just need a little bit in the mornings

1 minute ago, liveaboard15 said:

They technically said no coffee for the first couple weeks lol. But as long as i am getting my Water in and not using sugar or Creamers with sugar its ok. I just need a little bit in the mornings

A couple of weeks, lol. Mine says to avoid it for three months. Ridiculous, lol.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, liveaboard15 said:

So saw the surgeon today and i will be on a 2 week liquid diet which realllllllllyyyyyyy sucks. They will call me in the next day or two to schedule the surgery. Also paid the money today which was a sad sad thing lol I had to call the bank to let the transaction go thru since it was sooo high. They also provided the liquid diet shakes there at the office... Oh this is gonna be torture lol. I already told everyone in the house that once this two weeks diet starts no one is allowed to order any type of outside food. lol

I too had to do 2 weeks of 3 (clinic-provided shakes a day). But was allowed unlimited coffee tea Water as well.

The first 1-2 days was a bit of a challenge (esp cuz i hated the vanilla flavour but didn’t mind the chocolate), but by day 3 it was no sweat.

In fact, sometime in the second week i went down to 2 shakes a day cuz i refused to drink the vanilla ones anymore (gross).

I lost 11.8 lbs by surgery day (but like 8 of those were in the first week).

Sone tips that helped the shakes go down easier (for me):

—- lots of added water (i probably added 2-3 times the amount the package required.

— add a tsp of Decaf instant coffee crystals

— drink it SUPER COLD

— and if u are worried about Constipation, a couple tsps of Benefiber.

Good Luck! ❤️

So i had my pre op nutrition class today and they specially said no premier or fairlife. This is what was in the powerpoint they did.

What if I want to use a shake not listed, such as Premier, Fairlife, or Atkins?
Most of these have less than 5 carbohydrate grams per serving. Therefore, we do not recommend using
them for your pre-op diet program. You may be HUNGRY and/or experience the “keto flu” caused by
dropping your carbohydrate intake too quickly. The “keto flu” causes unpleasant side effects such as
nausea, lightheadedness, shakiness, sweatiness, irritability, headache and stomach upset

8 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

So i had my pre op nutrition class today and they specially said no premier or fairli

What if I want to use a shake not listed, such as Premier, Fairlife, or Atkins?
Most of these have less than 5 carbohydrate grams per serving. Therefore, we do not recommend using
them for your pre-op diet program. You may be HUNGRY and/or experience the “keto flu” caused by
dropping your carbohydrate intake too quickly. The “keto flu” causes unpleasant side effects such as
nausea, lightheadedness, shakiness, sweatiness, irritability, headache and stomach upset

Well that's a far different perspective than either of my surgeons have used. They would never have recommended a Protein Shake that has more carbs than Protein. The HMR 800 shakes have 20 grams of carbs and only 17 grams of protein and 18 grams of sugar. If you're going to do that, why not just have 4 ozs of lean meat and 2 cups of non starchy veggies for one of those meals. I don't get that at all. Now I'm curious if you will get HUNGRY, lol.

03/30/2022 01:38 PM, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

At least your program doesn't forbid coffee/caffeine. My program says no caffeine, but that's getting ridiculous imo. There's no way I'm cutting out coffee, unless it doesn't sit well after surgery.

I have a friend who was sleeved in October. She didn’t do two week liquid diet, and she didn’t give up caffeine.
She was 221 lbs at surgery. She has dropped 80 lbs as of today. Her entire procedure was uneventful and her recovery was easy and without incident.

3 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

The “keto flu” causes unpleasant side effects such as

You’ll likely get this anyway in the immediate days post op. But again, it only lasts a a couple days.

2 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

I have a friend who was sleeved in October. She didn’t do two week liquid diet, and she didn’t give up caffeine.
She was 221 lbs at surgery. She has dropped 80 lbs as of today. Her entire procedure was uneventful and her recovery was easy and without incident.

nICE. If i weighed just 220 i wouldnt be getting the surgery. i was happy at 220ish which was like 7 years ago lol

1 hour ago, liveaboard15 said:

nICE. If i weighed just 220 i wouldnt be getting the surgery. i was happy at 220ish which was like 7 years ago lol

Everything’s relative I guess. I am 220 now and NOT tall. We all have different weight milestones in our heads…I used to want to turn cartwheels if I got myself below 200. Invariably, I’d go back up, pass 200, pass my ‘old’ top weight, and crown an even higher number the new champion. 😩 I am not going to miss those experiences.

liquid diet, first 3 days are difficult or at least they were for me and had me browsing YouTube for various kinds of food recipes and food videos 😂

But beyond 3 or 4 days, it gets a lot easier.

Tru flavoring your shakes. I used to use " instant Decaf coffee, peppermint/spreamint extract" with my chocolate shakes. Vanilla I didn't like it much so I got less of those. With Vanilla you can try similar flavoring with coffee and/or orange, strawberry extract or try Crystal light flavoring with it". shake, flavoring, ice and churn then all together and it's yummm. I still miss those shakes at times 😂