Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Rant before a break (Strong Words so enter at own Risk)

I have decided to start this thread and write this post because I have been feeling strongly about a couple of things and I feel a need to let it out.

First let me start by saying that I have been spending less time on LBT lately not because I am disapointed with the direction it is going but rather because as a male I find it to be dominated by the fairer sex and this leads me to my first issue.

I am frustrated with the rules of engangement here at LBT, I think they are Bul***it. The rules here are rules that only females could come up with and here is what I mean. It's okay to go on and on about a person as long as you preface your remarks with statements like "There is a person on LBT who I really like who has been attacked by others who I don't want to name" Everybody knows who the people are that are being discussed but as long as you don't say their names it's fine. This reminds of my early teen years when the girls in my class would play that game the sole purpose was to define who could be freinds with who.

I have no problem if someone thinks I'm an ass and tells me so. It's simple if I think your an ass***le then I will say "I think your an Ass**le" you can say back go F**k yourself your the ass**le.

Instead I read " This person is a really really great person who just wants peace on earth and these evil people (I won't say their names because I am a good person too just like you know who) are being terrible in how they attack her every word. I say bull**it, If you have something to say about someone have the guts to say it and the courage to name names.

The next issue I want to rant about is the one I am most passionatte about. There has been a lot of discussion about people making other people feel bad about their weight loss. As people who have decided to use the band as a weight loss tool we have leveled the playing field for the first time. This has made it possible for us for the first time to win our long battles with obesity. This does not however negate years and years of battling obesity and the scars that come with those battles. In my previouse life I was always in one of three states and these were 1. Losing weight 2. Gaining back weight 3. Obese ashamed that I had gained all the weight and more back and waiting for the next scheme to make me skinny again but had given up for now.

Depending on what state I was in my reaction to the weight loss of others was drastically impacted. When I was losing I was eager to hear and share in the weight loss advice of others. When I was in state 2 I was happy for those individuals who were in state 1 but sometimes I just wanted to tell them to shut up, I was afraid to because that was the first sign that I had moved to state 3 and was not going back to state 1. State 3 meant that I knew that everyone who was losing weight was a fool to believe that they wouldn't eventualy gain all their weight back and more. My only hope is that they would soon shut the F**k up and realize that they were doomed for failure.

The band has leveled the playing field but it hasn't removed those old biasis for any of us. What this means is when someone starts to give advice about weight loss often our first response is to want to say oh shut the f**k up soon you will be fat again. Our ability to suceed has been greatly increased but our moods still, at times, make us feel guilt when we hear about the sucess of others. (deep breath) so here is my point, there have been a number of threads from a number of people about other members of LBT not being completely supportive of the wins of others. My point is, it's okay, we should understand better than anyone what motivates this behavior. Why should it matter any way, I couldn't give a flying F**k if anyone disaproves of my weight loss. I am a few days away from my 2 year bandiversary and I have lost just over 120 pounds. I work out 5 days a week and I eat too fuc**ng much ice cream. But I am happy and certain that I will lose another 30-40 pounds by this time next year. If I only lose 20 no big deal I will lose the rest the next year. If anyone disagrees go F**k yourself!!!

Merry Christmas Mother F**kers :) :) ;)

This thread made my day.

Merry fu#$ing XMas to all!

Tommy, I know we've disagreed on some things, but I think I love you.

Heh. Chick fights are the best, especially when they're not close enough to actually slap each other. Yammer yammer yammer. :) :)

Tommy O...

Oh Tommy...women are crazy!! AND I couldn't agree more with you!

Have a Merry F@#!in Christmas... for Christ Sake!

No Really, Dont Hold Back, Tell Us How You Really Feel . . . .

I'm the new kid on the block, but alway's like it when someone tell's it like it is and doesnt sugar coat it!

I posted earlier warning that I didnt know what I was doing but know just enough about this computer to be dangerous, so please bear with me!

I have no problem if someone thinks I'm an ass and tells me so. It's simple if I think your an ass***le then I will say "I think your an Ass**le" you can say back go F**k yourself your the ass**le.
So...why don't you just jump into the fray with the rest of us? Sounds like you can hold your own to me! The "tell-it-like-it-is-testosterone-brigade" could be just the thing needed on some threads! :biggrin1:

TommyO - I loved your post, it was fu**ing fantastic.

I have to agree, I don't like all the bulls**t either - say it like it is - or tough titties (don't say it at all)....

Oh yeah... Merry Fu**ing Christmas to you all too and may you all have a Happy New Fu**ing Year!

Your first rant is the reason I went into the I.T. field a long time ago - I so prefer to work with guys who will say it as they see it, and then move on. I have called women out before for the ambiguous "this person..." remarks - what a freakin cop-out. If you can't give the whole story then don't say anything at all. People should have the ability to defend themselves, and calling folks out by name will put a stop to the crap quickly.

And to add to your rant what about those people who jump in after someone gets nasty just to add support, "Yeah what SHE said!" Sheesh...

Man, there is a guy on this board who has really pissed me off because he is in state 1 and I am In state $#@%!@% and he has lost 120 lbs and I havn't but I am not mentioning any names. Well he can go F_ck himself for being such an asshole and losing more weight than me. How dare he? Anyway, he still has a fat head even if we do share the same love of pigging out on icecream everynight. Ane he ain't all that anyway, so there.

I have very, very few women friends, like 1 or 2. This is part of why.

I guess the anonymous posts are the virtual world's equivalent to saying something just loud enough for the target to overhear. You know? It gives you just enough slack that you can still claim you weren't talking about them, whomever them is.