Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Rant before a break (Strong Words so enter at own Risk)

Tommy O

Dude..........

The Greeks went back and forth on Democracy in part because of this issue. The Greeks being the philosophical folks they were (Plato, Socrates, Aristophanes, Parminedis et al) spent a great deal of time debating Democratic vs. Autocratic rule. Many believed the perfect system was an Autocracy with a benevolent dictator. As intelligent as the Greeks were they were never able to devise a democracy that was able to contain checks and balances that would help prevent any potential forms of tyranny whether it is mass or individual.

It would appear that modern democracies have done a much better job as they have made some significant changes to what the Greeks would have considered democracy. For example in Canada we use a Parliamentary system and an un-elected Senate, In the US a similar system is in place for the house of Representatives but the Senate allows for 2 senators per state, both systems were created as such to help prevent mass tryanny. Both Systems also contain a non-elected Judiciary to ensure that the mood of the majority does not enforce their rule over the minority.

The Posse appears to have no members who are willing to play these roles so the Queen and her Posse are able to run roughshod over those who disagree.

Gadget you are correct in saying that we seldom agree but I think we can both agree that it is important that modern democratic systems of government have been modified to prevent one group of people from forcing their values on another group.

The Greeks went back and forth on Democracy in part because of this issue. The Greeks being the philosophical folks they were (Plato, Socrates, Aristophanes, Parminedis et al) spent a great deal of time debating Democratic vs. Autocratic rule. Many believed the perfect system was an Autocracy with a benevolent dictator. As intelligent as the Greeks were they were never able to devise a democracy that was able to contain checks and balances that would help prevent any potential forms of tyranny whether it is mass or individual.

I wonder which part of me is part Greek? I've always believed that a benevolent dictatorship was a great government option.

Both Systems also contain a non-elected Judiciary to ensure that the mood of the majority does not enforce their rule over the minority.

It is unfortunate that the "non-elected" Judiciary also has their "moods", as evidenced by the current (and past) wars over long-term judicial appointments. Would that there were a non-biased, robotic way to adjudicate the issues . . .

It would appear that modern democracies have done a much better job as they have made some significant changes to what the Greeks would have considered democracy. For example in Canada we use a Parliamentary system and an un-elected Senate, In the US a similar system is in place for the house of Representatives but the Senate allows for 2 senators per state, both systems were created as such to help prevent mass tryanny. Both Systems also contain a non-elected Judiciary to ensure that the mood of the majority does not enforce their rule over the minority.

The Posse appears to have no members who are willing to play these roles so the Queen and her Posse are able to run roughshod over those who disagree.

Gadget you are correct in saying that we seldom agree but I think we can both agree that it is important that modern democratic systems of government have been modified to prevent one group of people from forcing their values on another group.

I didn't realize that posting on LBT could be equated with the establishment of a democratic system of government. I must have snoozed right through the debates between LBT candidates, the primaries, and the actual election of our LBT leaders (oh yeah...I'm referring to the leaders we don't have). I have been under the apparently mistaken notion that LBT simply provides a mechanism for all of us to express our personal experiences and opinions about being banded as well as on a variety of other unrelated issues. Free speech is a basic right guaranteed to all U.S. citizens by the U.S. Constitution last time I checked. :usa2:

No one on this site "forces" anyone to do anything or to adopt particular values at any time. The entire concept behind having a site like this should be pretty easy to comprehend--it provides a place for the open sharing of a great range of ideas, beliefs, and perspectives. Everyone is welcome and no one is forced to agree with someone else. We are free to disagree with one another.

The bottom line is:

If you don't want to follow the advice given by someone who posts here, DON'T FOLLOW IT!

If you don't want to read posts by "certain people," BLOCK THEIR POSTS and quit whining about them. No one is forced to read anyone's posts.

All of us simply express our own opinion. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! :clap2:

Transformer, at no time have I been whining as a matter of fact I am having fun. If you don'y like it then you stay the fuck out of MY THREAD and kiss my ass.

Bullies thrive on the internet. In real life they would be confronted and backed down. On the internet they just keep coming back like the monster in the movies that refuses to die. It really isn't even worth confronting most of the BS that goes on here. Getting mean with people seems to be a form of stress relief. So when the bully bitches get fired up, why not just let them get in out. I really can not take it very serious when things get ugly. It is mostly very laughable.

Transformer, well said!

Not trying to start anything TommyO, just keeping up a good debate without getting nasty, but if you find a bunch of women stating there opionions as bullying then you ranting about it could be conceived as whining. It's all in the eye of the beholder.;)

Ah, but your easy to fool. The queen appears Stomps her featies, say neener neener and so on and so on.....

See how I just ascribed emotions to you that I have no way of knowing applies. Kind of reminds me of someone Hmm!! I wonder who

Ladies and gentlemen, the queen!!

Ah, but your easy to fool. The queen appears Stomps her featies, say neener neener and so on and so on.....

See how I just ascribed emotions to you that I have no way of knowing applies. Kind of reminds me of someone Hmm!! I wonder who

Ladies and gentlemen, the queen!!

Actually, it's "feeties" but that's okay. We can all stand back and watch the temper tantrum continue.

(Yawn)

See you are assigning emotions to me that do not apply, I am not having a temper tantrum as a matter of fact I am having a great time. and thanks for the petty spelling check it's exaclty what I would expect from someone as base as you.

Now send in the clowns

You know. I find it very informative that you post a rant about Wasa bullying people when that's all you are doing yourself TommyO is attacking her. Then you want to say she has a posse and that you wish people would just name names, and you haven't even done that yourself. What people does this posse consist of? Anyone that has an opinion different than yours. Why would you call someone out and then NOT expect someone to stand up for themselves. Ugh! I will never understand men.

Pip, I am on my own I do not need to be part of a group to feel secure in my opinion. I always speak directly to the person I am addressing and I name them. I do not know you nor do I know what motivates you so I will not assign emotion to your words. If you were to review the posts when your fearless leader is disagreeing with someone you will find that she always assigns negative emotions to the people she disagrees with.

I expect people to stand up for themselves and I would hope that they that this is a place where they can without being attacked. If you say you disagree with me I will argue my point but I will not then add comments that assign unfounded negative emotions to you just to make me feel better and hopefully convince others that you are a bad person.

You will argue that I have and you will b e correct but it has been done on purpose to make a point.

Oh and by the way no matter what anyone says I am not upset or unhappy or stomping my feet or saying weener whatever.

Finally, I think most people have a good idea who the Posse is and believe me disagreeing with me is not what defines the members list.

I should add that at the very begining of this thread I indicated that I would be taking a break from LBT soon. For those of you who wish I would soon I have good news, tomorrow is the last day before my break so anyone who feels strongly that they need to tell me how wonderfull they think I am before I leave you have less that 24 hours to do so.

Oh and anyone who wants to tell me to F**k Off the same hold true.