Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on 2/16. I finally came home today. Im still in pain and only drinking 2ozs per hour. This has me questioning my decision to have this. ..smh.

pain should be gone soon. If they sent you home with pain meds, I'd keep taking them to keep on top of the pain. I'd give it another day or two...

Most of the worst pain dissipates by day 5 & most don’t need anything but the occasional over the counter pain med. You’ve had pretty major surgery & we don’t always stop to think about what the surgery involved. Your abdomen has been inflated with gas (it’s often the worst), your abdominal muscles were stretched & of course you’re internal organs & nerves were cut, changed & prodded & poked. In a week you’ll feel so much better. Be gentle on yourself & allow yourself time to heal & recover. Your Fluid intake will start to increase soon too as you’re likely struggling now due to swelling.

Of course if the pain gets worse or doesn’t lessen, contact your surgeon.

Edited by Arabesque

BIG HUGS, we all felt like **** to start and wonder wt have I done to myself, it gets better though in 6 months time you will be super pleased with yourself and feeling great

It's only been 4 days. Give it a chance. It takes time. It's not a miracle surgery where all the fat disappears overnight magically and there's no pain or weakness. Your body needs time to heal. It's been through a major trauma.

What's interesting is that it seems like SO MANY PEOPLE have this exact feeling... it kind of shows me how little this part is spoken about and how unprepared so many of us were for the very first week or few days following surgery. I certainly was caught unaware and didn't think I could make it though those first 5 days. I don't feel like my team prepared me for this at all. They just spoke about "discomfort." Sure. Discomfort! You are voicing what most of us experienced, but you also seem taken aback... and yes, I assume I am not the only person who felt nothing but pain and regret for the first 5 days. Sounds like that's where you are too.

Then something magically turns and the one week mark is nothing like the 4-day mark, and by 10 or 12 days you're feeling like a different person. The hardest thing is HANGING IN THERE. We don't get a choice at that point, there's nothing else you can do but hang in there, but emotionally keep telling it to yourself. Please post back here by day 7 or 10 and tell us how you feel! then again at 2 weeks... you'll see, world of a difference. Let us know.

you just had major surgery. Of course its gonna be painful for a little bit. That is the part everyone has to get thru to achieve their goal. Take the pain medication they prescribed and you will get thru it.

"buyers' remorse"/regret after surgery is really really common. You are in a LOT of pain right away, and you can't eat anything to comfort yourself like you are used to.

I felt some regret for about the first 4 months, which is unusual, but I didn't get the regret until the end of the first month.

Every day the pain gets better (if it starts getting worse, call your surgery center!). Drinking two oz of Water every hour doesn't sound bad, as long as it moves in an upward trend. I found that keeping a bottle of water/fluid in my hand or right by my side on the couch helped a lot, especially because at the beginning it hurt to move.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hello. I am doing better today. My doctor’s office did not prescribe me something for the nausea and the famotidine is a pill not in liquid form. I thank you all for the encouragement and helping me through my anxiety.

Also, does anyone drink or know if we can drink Premier Protein drink? i only ask because I see that it has 1g of sugar.

46 minutes ago, Jojo614 said:

Also, does anyone drink or know if we can drink Premier Protein drink? i only ask because I see that it has 1g of sugar.

That is the shakes that my surgeon recommended.

13 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

That is the shakes that my surgeon recommended.

Ty for the hyperlink

5 minutes ago, Jojo614 said:

Ty for the hyperlink

It’s not a link. It just underlines certain terms automatically. I think ones that are searched for often. I was saying that Premier Protein is the shakes that my doctors office recommended. Ooh, I just clicked it and it looks like bariatric pal automatically adds the links to their products.

Edited by ShoppGirl

29 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

It’s not a link. It just underlines certain terms automatically. I think ones that are searched for often. I was saying that Premier Protein is the shakes that my doctors office recommended. Ooh, I just clicked it and it looks like bariatric pal automatically adds the links to their products.

ok I wasn’t sure and my doctor is on vacation. I had ordered previously the premier caffe latte but then i was like, am I suppose to drink that brand.