Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My experience… sleeved on 1/22/22

10 hours ago, jaymecaye said:

So today is the first day I woke up without a weight loss. I know this is super normal but emotionally I just feel like I’m doing something wrong. My clothes fit better- but nothing is too big for me in my closet yet. The second something is too big is going to be the best NSV ever.

I’m gonna let myself have a bit of a lazy morning- getting some laundry done then I’ll go walk at the gym and just keep moving forward.

One day at a time.

So I’m glad your doing well, keep it up!!!

12 hours ago, jaymecaye said:

I’m gonna let myself have a bit of a lazy morning- getting some laundry done then I’ll go walk at the gym and just keep moving forward.

One day at a time.

Good job 👏🏽 You’re doing all the right things! Thank you for keeping us updated. I have my last preop appointment next Tuesday with my surgeon. I start pre op diet on Valentine’s Day!

On 02/01/2022 at 20:56, TheWeightisOvr said:

Good job 👏🏽 You’re doing all the right things! Thank you for keeping us updated. I have my last preop appointment next Tuesday with my surgeon. I start pre op diet on Valentine’s Day!

Good luck! For the pre op diet make sure you stay super busy. I was lucky with having a weird switch in my work schedule so I worked 8 out of 10 of my days. Made me wayyy less focused on food. :)

Another day without a weight loss- I’m kinda stuck at 246.6. Still better than the starting weight I was at. Todays win is that my favorite pair of lounge pants aren’t so tight. :)

Yesterday I definitely didn’t hit my liquid goals. So I’m gonna focus on that today. Currently I’m enjoying a coffee with Protein Drink. Out of the 20 oz I have about 5 oz left to drink. Only about 44 oz left for the day. I have my 38 oz water bottle with me as well. So I’ll be working on drinking that as well today. The remainder will probably be another shake so I’m getting my Protein in.

I also have a dentist appointment for a cleaning and I can not wait! Let me tell you- not being able to chew and being on a liquid only diet for almost 4 weeks has made my teeth feel gross no matter how many times a day I’m brushing/ flossing and using mouth wash. ICK.

Last night I went out with friends. We walked around a mall, then went and saw a movie. I found it easier than I expected to be with them as they had movie theater Snacks. I was very happy with my water- I also snuck a Protein Shake in if I felt like I needed something more. :)

I know I’m supposed to be working on establishing 3 meals a day but it’s really challenging with such a limited variety. It’s totally psychological for me due to my normal schedule.

I currently work overnights but have switched my sleep schedule to more of a normal one while being home on leave. So everything is kinda goofy and it’s gonna stay that way for a little bit. I just found out yesterday I have about two more weeks of traditional overnights then I’m moving to a semi overnight schedule. I’m ecstatic to be moving to a different schedule that’s a little more normal. :)

Protect the pouch! The first three weeks were SO HARD. You can do this! I'm two years post-op and there were so many temptations and ways I could have ruined the chance I was given. Any time I think I want to eat, I go for a walk. It helps me reset my head.

I was told eat 6 small meals a day. But everyones different The stalls happen more frequently than Id like. Super vixen 116 said it best Protect the pouch!

Hello all!

I definitely am protecting the pouch! The most strenuous thing I’ve had is 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt! :)

I broke my stall today! I’m now 244.6 with a 2 pound weight loss!! I’m so happy! Definitely thinking the fact that I hit my liquid goal yesterday had to do with the loss. Staying hydrated is super important!

My meals yesterday…
20 oz coffee Protein Drink (fairlife coffee flavor with Starbucks blonde cold brew black coffee)
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
About 4 oz of a creamy puréed chicken bacon potato Soup.
And lots of water!

Today I’ll be taking my Christmas tree down. Well- everything but the actual tree due to the weight restriction. Then I’ll go walk at the gym.

Only today and tomorrow left of my medical leave. Back to work on Saturday night. :)

1 hour ago, jaymecaye said:

Hello all!

I definitely am protecting the pouch! The most strenuous thing I’ve had is 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt! :)

I broke my stall today! I’m now 244.6 with a 2 pound weight loss!! I’m so happy! Definitely thinking the fact that I hit my liquid goal yesterday had to do with the loss. Staying hydrated is super important!

My meals yesterday…
20 oz coffee Protein Drink (fairlife coffee flavor with Starbucks blonde cold brew black coffee)
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
About 4 oz of a creamy puréed chicken bacon potato Soup.
And lots of water!

Today I’ll be taking my Christmas tree down. Well- everything but the actual tree due to the weight restriction. Then I’ll go walk at the gym.

Only today and tomorrow left of my medical leave. Back to work on Saturday night. :)

Today is first day I didn’t have a loss on the scale. Actually put 1/2 lb on 252!!!! As I’m reading this, I’m getting ready to go walk at gym. I had my 11.5 oz fairlife chocolate Protein Shake for Breakfast. Water while walking. 1 cup of tomatoe vegetable(strained of course) Soup for lunch . More water, Okios pro yogurt for dinner. Hot tea and Jello cup for dessert. I still have 4 week before I head back to work. Loving the process so far, looking forward to phase 3 next week with purée veggies and chopped meat!!

Today is my last day off from work. Back at it tomorrow night.

Today I worked on getting ready for my work week and finishing my project of organizing my bathroom. I’ve been feeling so good today that I totally forgot and took a huge sip of Water. I was ready to throw up- instant hot flash and in the bathroom I went. Thank goodness it was only water and I didn’t do it with any sort of food.

Now I’m freezing and just laying low.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Had my surgery on February 1, 2022. Still sore and sleeping in a recliner since getting in and out of the bed is too painful. I have not felt any hunger but I still have cravings for all of my favorite food. This is the most challenging part, the mental addiction to food! I have lost 15 pounds since the pre-op diet. I began at 333lbs and I’m currently 318 lbs.

So last night was my first night back at work. It went well! I’m glad to be getting back into my routine.

Here’s my first NSV! When I went to put my watch on it’s on a tighter loop! Woot woot!

I have to say switching back to overnights has been rough on me and we are only going into day two.

Yesterday was a liquid only day for me. I just couldn’t have imagined trying to do mindful eating and dealing with first day back things.

It’s been wonderful reading other peoples experiences on this thread as well! I started it because for me there was such an unknown of what it was going to be like post hospital. I may not be an expert- but I’m going thru this day by day. Thank you for being with me on this journey! 💙

Dont focus on the stalls. Being almost 7 weeks out I can tell you ill go 3-10 days no weight loss then bam 3-4 days of loss then stall again. My Dr and Nutritionist bot have me weigh and measure once a week. It helps to not weigh daily - advice I also got from many seasoned people here. Focus on eating what you should, drinking fluids, and exercise. It does come off. Mine is slow but ive lost 33 pounds so far and im a month to the day put monger than you.

Oh man, those initial stalls are no joke. I think so many years (decades) of having a stall mean that our weight loss efforts were failing yet again has made us all super paranoid about them. The good news is that especially this early in the game, a stall is temporary and doesn’t really mean much. Just focus on the day-to-day and you’ll get there! Post op is just a short period of time in your journey, you’ll be in onederland before you know it!

I got sleeved on 12/9 and they found a hernia, which they say 80% have. Now I am receiving HUGE bills when I was told $9800 was a total cost. Each bill is worse and adds things never discussed or informed of.

41 minutes ago, Winnie the Pooh said:

I got sleeved on 12/9 and they found a hernia, which they say 80% have. Now I am receiving HUGE bills when I was told $9800 was a total cost. Each bill is worse and adds things never discussed or informed of.

I wouldn’t pay it unless your contract states that you will be responsible for additional or unforeseen charges (which it very well may if you read it carefully). Regardless, I would try to set up an arrangement to make payments because it’s interest free.