Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey so I had surgery august 5th this year and I lost about 50 pounds but I can’t get under 200 pounds. I know it may not be a big deal as I know and have mentioned this to people who are trying to get to 200 but I was 250 and counting and now that I’m at 200 I feel like I’m at a stand still and can’t go under 200. I work out, I opt to take the stairs instead of my elevator if I’m not carrying anything heavy, I drink maybe one Protein Shake a day instead of two now because I’ve been trying to eat actual food (for a while I wouldn’t eat more than a few bites) and it’s like nothing is working. Any tips?

weight loss slows down a lot the further you go. Are you still following your program to a "T"? Measuring and logging your food? I didn't quit losing until I was 20 months out, but it was slow going after the first few months..

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

weight loss slows down a lot the further you go. Are you still following your program to a "T"? Measuring and logging your food? I didn't quit losing until I was 20 months out, but it was slow going after the first few months..

Yes I been following and earring 800 calories a day sometimes less because I don’t eat much I get full so fast. The only thing I’ve been struggling with a lot is Water, my stomach hurts after a few sips

To break a stall you may have to heat MORE. It's counter-intuitive, but your metabolism may have gone into "starvation mode" hanging on to as much as possible.

You may still lose inches during a stall and your body will eventually catch up. To speed up the process, try increasing your daily calorie consumption to 1000-1200 for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Edited by Sunnyway

4 minutes ago, Sunnyway said:

To break a stall you may have to heat MORE. It's counter-intuitive, but your metabolism may have gone into "starvation mode" hanging on to as much as possible.

You may still lose inches during a stall and your body will eventually catch up. To speed up the process, try increasing your daily calorie consumption to 1000-1200 for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Thank you, I’ve been scared to eat more in fear of gaining weight but I will try it !