Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery buddies

11 minutes ago, LizzyLee13 said:

I start today! I get two Protein Shakes plus one carb-free meal per day. I actually did a trial run of it last month, and it got really easy after the first couple of days. Plus I lost 18 lbs. over three weeks. You got this!

WOW! Good Job!! 18lbs!!! I hope you have the same luck this time. . and so smart of you to do that. I, on the other hand, have not been as disciplined. I've been focusing on cutting out the caffeine and this week, cutting out the sugar.

January 11th…scared of post op diet…nervous but ready

UGH!!! My surgeons office just called. My Jan 4 RNY procedure is canceled until further notice thanks to non-vaccinated idiots taking up all the hospital space.

This is very frustrating.

Edited by LilaNicole20

1 minute ago, LilaNicole20 said:

UGH!!! My surgeons office just called. My Jan 4 RNY procedure is canceled until further notice thanks to non-vaccinated idiots taking up all the hospital space.

Do you mind sharing the location? since I am also worried about my 1/3 surgery getting canceled and I am starting my pre-op diet next week. Don't want to go on diet for nothing.

1 minute ago, yuzul said:

Do you mind sharing the location? since I am also worried about my 1/3 surgery getting canceled and I am starting my pre-op diet next week. Don't want to go on diet for nothing.

Yes, as soon as I posted I thought - I bet they'll want to know where!

The VA Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI.

3 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

Yea I work at a hospital they are postponing all non essential surgeries that require an overnight stay.

Just now, LilaNicole20 said:

Thank you I am in NYC did not hear anything so far. hope stay that way

Just now, yuzul said:

Thank you I am in NYC did not hear anything so far. hope stay that way

I hope so too - for your sake. I was just about to start my pre-preop diet today. Really start to get down to it a little ahead of when I was supposed to start on the 20th when I got the call. We're leaving for a 10 day vacation tomorrow though, so all is not lost. I can eat real food now.

2 minutes ago, LilaNicole20 said:

Cleveland Clinic also (Ohio)

Jan 17 here. Been officially waiting for the date since May. Nervous but looking forward to seeing change. Glad I found this website! Best wishes to all!

I am scheduled January 11th, but knowing that I may likely be cancelled thanks to COVID and short staff, but at least I have a chance at having it Jan 11th. I am in Syracuse NY. They were putting off scheduling me because everything keeps getting cancelled, but I told them I would rather have a chance than nothing at all. I should have had mine in November :-(

☆Starr☆

It seems there are two threads about January surgery,that´s what I wrote:

My surgery (Jan 3rd) it´s still moving on but I´ll do my pre-op appointment online instead of in-person, so the things are changing too here in Virginia and I´m worried that I the end they can call my surgery off.

Cross fingers!

On 12/17/2021 at 10:08 AM, LilaNicole20 said:

How disappointing. So sorry. 😞

Just had my pre- anesthesia appointment and asked about possible postponing. As of now if it it scheduled for Jan they are proceeding but unfortunately things can change. So it’s like we are all in limbo and hoping it doesn’t get cancelled at the last minute.