Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery buddies



Recommended Posts

I was a January buddy. Covid. Hospital cancelled. New date is February 1st. Two more wake ups!! I cant believe its finally gonna happen.

prior lapband patient
band removal 11/18/21

sw 257
surgery date 1/18/22 unless cancelled because of covid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pizza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pizza

?????

prior lapband patient
band removal 11/18/21

sw 257
surgery date was 1/18/22 because of covid it was rescheduled to 2/1/22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Teeva said:

🤦‍♀️This was meant to be a search term in the forum, not a comment!-- was curious if there was an approved recipe and/or vegetarian alternative options if the family was ever ordering out. Accidentally posted the word in chat-- don't know HT delete. Sorry!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone
So am 11 days post op and soo need to chew sth

Anyway I notice my large incision and navel incision is leaking, should I be worried my other incision seem almost healed
I had my 5 days follow up which was great so leaking after 10 days????


Sent from my SM-A307FN using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I had surgery on 1/4 and am feeling a little down. I hear it’s normal, but I’m frustrated with the lack of progress. I’m almost 4 weeks out from surgery and down 14 lbs or so. How’s everyone else doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 4:13 AM, Rachael Grant said:

My surgery was January 18th

Me too. How're you doing? My incisions are so incredibly itchy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Kris10_78 said:

Me too. How're you doing? My incisions are so incredibly itchy!

Highly recommend get the scar cream for the incisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, yuzul said:

Highly recommend get the scar cream for the incisions

I put bacitracin on them. But mine aren’t really itchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery was on January 19th and my incisions are healing nicely. They are super itchy as well! I've been putting Mederma gel on them. Has anyone tried that Bio-Oil at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2022 at 4:29 PM, Ephemeral said:

My surgery was on January 19th and my incisions are healing nicely. They are super itchy as well! I've been putting Mederma gel on them. Has anyone tried that Bio-Oil at all?

Mine is definitely an allergic reaction to something....just keeping clean and dry and ice packs work best for itchiness

On 1/31/2022 at 5:47 PM, Jaim423 said:

Hi all! I had surgery on 1/4 and am feeling a little down. I hear it’s normal, but I’m frustrated with the lack of progress. I’m almost 4 weeks out from surgery and down 14 lbs or so. How’s everyone else doing?

Same here. We have to just give our bodies some grace. It probably is in shock and thinks it is starving. We just have to stay away from sugar and be patient. It will come off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone! I had my surgery for my sleeve on 1/31. Had my one week post op yesterday and doctor was pleased with healing so far. I had only been having chicken broth and Protein Shakes since surgery and he wanted me to move on to full liquids for a day or two and then pureed foods. My first meal of cream Soup was suprising to me. 4 spoonfuls in and I was full. I was SO looking forward to having something with some flavor and then only 4 spoonfuls in and I couldn't eat anymore! LOL.

I have one incision that is still really really sore and my surgeon says that is completely normal as thats the incision he inserts the stapler in and also pulls the stomach out of. I'm looking forward to this change and starting this new life!

Starting weight: 248

Surgery weight: 238

Current weight: 220

Heather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Heastarven said:

Hi Everyone! I had my surgery for my sleeve on 1/31. Had my one week post op yesterday and doctor was pleased with healing so far. I had only been having chicken broth and Protein Shakes since surgery and he wanted me to move on to full liquids for a day or two and then pureed foods. My first meal of cream Soup was suprising to me. 4 spoonfuls in and I was full. I was SO looking forward to having something with some flavor and then only 4 spoonfuls in and I couldn't eat anymore! LOL.

I have one incision that is still really really sore and my surgeon says that is completely normal as thats the incision he inserts the stapler in and also pulls the stomach out of. I'm looking forward to this change and starting this new life!

Starting weight: 248

Surgery weight: 238

Current weight: 220

Heather

Heather! Welcome January Buddy! You are already 18 lbs down since your surgery! That's fantastic! Tomorrow will be three weeks since my surgery, and I'm still surprised at how little I can ingest. Just 2-3 tablespoons max., at a time! It's crazy! I will be starting Phase 3 (soft/bland foods) this Friday, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm still drinking a Protein Shake every day, it's the only way I can get all of the required Protein in. I also don't have much appetite. I'm not craving food...I'm craving flavour? If that makes any sense at all? But most of all, I so want a darn coffee!!!! I dream of it. lololol.

Totally normal of that one incision to be sore. It's the biggest one! Mine have healed very well and I'm already using Mederma Advanced gel for scars, on them.

Keep up your positive attitude and enthusiasm! Good Luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ephemeral said:

I'm not craving food...I'm craving flavour? If that makes any sense at all? But most of all, I so want a darn coffee!!!! I dream of it. lololol.

Yesss!! LOL So when I was finally able to have something other than chicken broth and then only had 3 spoonfuls and was full I was so upset! LOL. I'm not a coffee drinker, but was a big soda drinker before the 2 week pre-op diet. Had major headaches and caffeine withdrawal symptoms during the preop period.

Thanks for the welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • amazingmimi

      I feel like I've finally gotten past the biggest hurdle. Surgery date is September 6th, the day after Labor Day, and yesterday I got my insurance approval letter. I've followed everything they've told me to do, and I've even lost 30 lbs on my own since hubby had to change his diet for diabetes. No worries now about having to do 4 weeks of the liver shrinking diet instead of 2. On my initial visit, if I had gained just 5lbs I would have had to do 4 weeks. It's getting closer. Just 2 more months to wait.
      · 1 reply
      1. NmMd

        Although the prep work took energy, I found the biggest hurdle was post-operative. The first 48 hrs were extremely uncomfortable. I did an overnight and trying to down the liquids, Tylenol, and especially the barium was rough. Thankfully though, I got away with only having to have 1 belly injection after surgery. Needless are not my thing.

    • Grace1234

      I am brand new to this my surgery is tentative for July 27 depending on insurance and I'll be have the Gastric Sleeve.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Pepper1

      I am looking for people to connect with that are 4-5 years out. Many of the support sights I go to are all newbies. And while I enjoyed that when i first had my surgery and found it useful, I am looking to exchange ideas with folks that are out a few years. I am slowly gaining weight back and losing my excitement. I don't want that!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SuziDavis

      I have a surgery date! I am getting sleeved on 8/17/2022!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mudh8r

      How do you stay focused? I'm struggling a bit the past three days.  All I want is sweets and carbs.  I have no clue what changed but for some reason I'm craving hard.  I'm literally dreaming about food and when I wake up, I'm thinking about my next meal.  I'm not "hungry" but so munchy.  I'm trying to stay focused, busy, exercise and the likes but this looking struggle is getting to be so hard.  I meet with my nutritionist tomorrow and I'm so hopeful she has some advice.  My protein intake is great, liquids on point, even throwing in some raw veggies and berries to curb the sweet/carb craving.  Thoughts?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×