Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'08 - Who do you want?

Who do you want for President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want for President?

• Mitt Romney
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Barak Obama
    • John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Edwards
    • Fred Thompson
    • Bill Richardson
    • Ron Paul
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • Mike Gravel
    • Tom Tancredo

Luluc,

Thank you !

Just curious where that poll was at? I can see that being true for the reason the Dems want the troops home and of course the families of the troops home also. I know most of the Marines I speek to don't care for what the Dems have been saying. The whole loosing the war comments and stuff like that. I can tell you from 1st hand knowledge and speeking to people here that things are definately WAY better than they were.

Chris, that was a Wall Street Journal Poll, and I heard it on the Today Show as well. I'm venturing to guess the popularity of Ron Paul is that he is very vocal about the troops & their Quick/Safe return home., and he has stated many times that the invasion of Iraq was done under false pretenses & done so UnConstitutionally.

I personally agree with him on this topic...the rest of his ideas, well easily push me towards a Democrat.

I quite agree, Chris. Everyone has a right to speak their piece here. I had no intention of making it personal. I thought I was responding in kind.

luluc: The only channel where I heard a favorable report on Huckabee's appearances was on Fox and they claimed that at one of the places he spoke, the place was filled. They did not mention how many seats that particular place held. From the video, it looked very small. But that could have been wishful thinking on my part. It reminded me of the size of a church chapel only configured more in the round.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why, after everything has been said and done, people still believe that going to Iraq and being in Iraq could be the proper course of action by the U.S.

To insinuate that people who want us out of Iraq are unpatriotic is really unfair and inflammatory and quite the opposite of the truth.

I meant to tell you, Jack, that your post directed at me earlier was actually spot on.

As for the last one, you're hilarious!

I don't think that Obama can be justly compared to Hannah Montana. I believe that Americans want to feel that they have the power to throw the bum (W) out and they want desperately to feel united with other Americans and they certainly do not want to feel disenfranchised like they did in the past two elections.

If one man can step up to the plate and say all the right stuff, how is that a bad thing? I doubt that very many Americans expect very much from politicians anyway, so if he does let them down, it was fun while it lasted. Which is more than I can say for what we've been through with the current crop of ne'er do wells.

:)

Well of course Fox would be in the "know" re: Huckabee ..He was to be at a local church - but from what I understood , they moved his speach to the local Jr College in NTX.

I agree with you Jack. I think Obama has the uniqe gift to "gab". Great speaker, can he pull this off?? That remains to be seen - Would I give him a chance, Hell yeah.

I would choose the Rock Star vs the Flat Footed One, simply because we have been there, done that, and got a crappy tee shirt saying so.

BTW - that wasn't a Meteorite? Seems every wk one flies over the skies of TX, :)

The only thing I have heard that sparks my interest from Huckabee is removing the IRS.

I am for McCain now, but don't like his stance on illegals.

There is no chance for me to vote for a Dem, so the other two are out of the question.

I had a giggle this AM - While heading out (our driveway is a mile long dirt road - yep in the country - LOL) I noticed a "Huckabee" sign once I passed through our electronic gate.

I immediately called my husband to see if he was playing w/me, and he's like NO - I didn't even see it. After I got out and certainly pull it from it's "stake in the ground" I realized the whole neighborhood has these signs up.

I do have a "No Trespassing Sign" & "Be Aware - Dogs" sign as well, might have to get my 16yr old Chihuhua out to chase down them Huckabee Fans - My Labs will just roll over for a belly rub..:thumbup:

Staking political signs on private property without permission is a great way to ensure a vote for the opposition

It's constant - having political signs planted outside the gates.. From little County Sheriff / Town Board Members all the way to the General Election for President. I throw them in the back of my truck and they become firewood, strange enough they replace them...Again, keeps my firepit happy!!

I had a giggle this AM - While heading out (our driveway is a mile long dirt road - yep in the country - LOL) I noticed a "Huckabee" sign once I passed through our electronic gate.

I immediately called my husband to see if he was playing w/me, and he's like NO - I didn't even see it. After I got out and certainly pull it from it's "stake in the ground" I realized the whole neighborhood has these signs up.

I do have a "No Trespassing Sign" & "Be Aware - Dogs" sign as well, might have to get my 16yr old Chihuhua out to chase down them Huckabee Fans - My Labs will just roll over for a belly rub..:thumbup:

Why didn't you leave the illegal sign up and add a few comments of your own? like "Huckabee: the luv child of Dubya and Benny Hinn!"

Why didn't you leave the illegal sign up and add a few comments of your own? like "Huckabee: the luv child of Dubya and Benny Hinn!"

Didn't even dawn on me - But thanks for the suggestion, I have many a Sharpies to put to use...LOL

I wish I had a Huckabee sign. I haven't noticed any in the Pittsburgh area. Huckabee scares me the same way Santorum does. I wish I had some Santorum signs too. Maybe If I put them on the lawn with a sign for Larry Craig- I'd scare the neighbors.

I do have a "No Trespassing Sign" & "Be Aware - Dogs" sign as well, might have to get my 16yr old Chihuhua out to chase down them Huckabee Fans - My Labs will just roll over for a belly rub..:rolleyes2:

Dress her up in a Huckabee sweater- It will scare people away from your property! I have a black lab/pit bull mix. She looks frightening because she is so big and black- but the only damage she can do to someone is licking them to death. She meets every stranger with a happy tail wag and lots of love. If she is frightened she will run away. My little dog weights no more than 10 pounds and is the one who makes a fuss and attacks.

Dress her up in a Huckabee sweater- It will scare people away from your property! I have a black lab/pit bull mix. She looks frightening because she is so big and black- but the only damage she can do to someone is licking them to death. She meets every stranger with a happy tail wag and lots of love. If she is frightened she will run away. My little dog weights no more than 10 pounds and is the one who makes a fuss and attacks.

Oh if I could only put her in a cute sweater...She's 4lbs of terror, but sleeps in the middle of my 2 male labs - each weighing over 95lbs.

Anyway - Hope all Texans got out an voted today, irregardless of Who (well I am pulling for a Dem in Nov) ...

Cheers~