Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally Sleeved and looking forward to the future!

Hey lovely people! I hope you all are having a lovely December and staying as corona free as possible!

After years and years of struggling with my weight and being labelled as FAT since I was 5 years old, I decided to go for the Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

I am now 26 years old and married but the insults from other people and family never stopped.

I was always on diets even as a child and played sports so was pretty active,but then at 15 years old I found out I have PCOS and that completely shattered my soul.

The weight kept piling on despite dieting and relationships became difficult.

When I met my now husband for the first time,I decided to let him know about my PCOS and the chances of not being able to conceive. It was difficult to open up and it killed me inside but he was still happy to go ahead.

As the years went on, family and friends started seeing the weight gap between my husband and I. "Look at her and look at him",they would say. "Maybe she eats his meals!" It was difficult and depressing and people would insult as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do.

Why can't people just support and not harass others? What do they from hurting people?

Due to Covid this year, I had time on my hands and decided I wanted to be a different person, one who was much healthier and happier.

I had my surgery on the 2nd of December 2020 and my weight stats are as follows:

Highest weight: 113kgs

Surgery weight:107kgs

Current weight:101kgs

I am so happy I have made this decision and I can see that so many others on here have as well!

I wish nothing but love and support to all the lovely people on here.

Sent from my SM-G988B using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations and best wishes on your weight loss journey. People are cruel. My mother-in-law talks about me being "so big" behind my back and it's hurtful.

Congratulations and best wishes on your weight loss journey. People are cruel. My mother-in-law talks about me being "so big" behind my back and it's hurtful.

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

Its such a shame that this what humanity has come to. I'm sorry that you have had to face that from your mother-in-law.

I hope you are doing well and keeping positive throughout all of this? [emoji173]

40 minutes ago, StacyMendes said:

as corona free as possible!

Screw People who are negative. My wife is in the same situation now. I am thin and she is big. So i understand how it will take a emotional toll. All i here from Family and Friends is when is Kim going to get the surgery? My response Mind you own F@#ckin business. But she gets upset and it makes her sad.

Now you just focus on yourself and getting healthy and Happy. Everyone here will guide and help

As for staying Corona Free I find it hard to stay empty handed on the boat or beach

Corona.jpg

Congratulations on your surgery, and welcome to the rest of your life!!!! I'm so sorry for the hurtful comments you've endured over the years. People can be jerks!

Screw People who are negative. My wife is in the same situation now. I am thin and she is big. So i understand how it will take a emotional toll. All i here from Family and Friends is when is Kim going to get the surgery? My response Mind you own F@#ckin business. But she gets upset and it makes her sad.
Now you just focus on yourself and getting healthy and Happy. Everyone here will guide and help
As for staying Corona Free I find it hard to stay empty handed on the boat or beach
Corona.jpg.b17d26910479f82edbdeb8e536f836ff.jpg
Thank you for this reply,means a lot. [emoji3]That is it! Just have to let all those negative people out! Some people just need to understand that they need to mind their own business and let people live! I hope Kim is doing well and has pushed those comments to the side. Well,I hope you do enjoy reading bottle of Corona! [emoji28][emoji481]

Congratulations on your surgery, and welcome to the rest of your life!!!! I'm so sorry for the hurtful comments you've endured over the years. People can be jerks!
Thank you so much! [emoji847][emoji175]
I'm so excited for this new way of living! It was just so bad that instead of getting support I was getting so much hate,but I really appreciate it when people like yourself can understand and are kind. [emoji173][emoji3059]

Welcome to the "losers' bench" :) I am really sorry you had to go through so much from such a young age. I started gaining weight after starting birth control pills my senior year of high school. People started wondering (not so silently) if I was pregnant, when I was still a virgin at the time. Ugh... went up and down in weight my entire life. The only times I could successfully lose was if I had something SIGNIFICANT coming up -- wedding, HS reunion, etc. Tired of the up and down, and adding in pain from fibromyalgia and foot/ankle complex issues, I got determined and got sleeved this year on 2 Nov. It's been... interesting... :D but I am doing fairly well so far, and looking forward to being able to MOVE better! I already experience FAR fewer fibro flares, and my foot isn't aching 24/7.

Looks like you're doing great so far!! ❤️

I was sleeved on the 9th. Best of luck to you on this new journey. I can't wait to see where it takes us.

You have to just let the negativity go in one ear and out the other. I decided to keep my procedure (ESG) private, only grown kids and hubby know. When asked about my 50+ pound weight loss. My response is "most people are the happiest when they are thin but I'm the thinnest when I'm happy so by the looks of it you could say I'm pretty damn happy!"

On 12/14/2020 at 12:52 AM, StacyMendes said:

Hey lovely people! I hope you all are having a lovely December and staying as corona free as possible!

After years and years of struggling with my weight and being labelled as FAT since I was 5 years old, I decided to go for the Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

I am now 26 years old and married but the insults from other people and family never stopped.

I was always on diets even as a child and played sports so was pretty active,but then at 15 years old I found out I have PCOS and that completely shattered my soul.

The weight kept piling on despite dieting and relationships became difficult.

When I met my now husband for the first time,I decided to let him know about my PCOS and the chances of not being able to conceive. It was difficult to open up and it killed me inside but he was still happy to go ahead.

As the years went on, family and friends started seeing the weight gap between my husband and I. "Look at her and look at him",they would say. "Maybe she eats his meals!" It was difficult and depressing and people would insult as if it was the most normal thing in the world to do.

Why can't people just support and not harass others? What do they from hurting people?

Due to Covid this year, I had time on my hands and decided I wanted to be a different person, one who was much healthier and happier.

I had my surgery on the 2nd of December 2020 and my weight stats are as follows:

Highest weight: 113kgs

Surgery weight:107kgs

Current weight:101kgs

I am so happy I have made this decision and I can see that so many others on here have as well!

I wish nothing but love and support to all the lovely people on here.

Hi!
It sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I’m the same age, and I too have PCOS. The thought of not being able to have a baby, and not being able to give my husband a baby finally got to me, Which made me get the surgery. I had surgery on the 11th December! I am still on the Post op liquid diet (arghhh).

I have struggled with people’s comments throughout my life too. I have learnt to not let them get to me, but I still remember the comments, times that stood out.
“wow why are you so fat” - kid with no filter

“here you can have all my big clothes now that I have lost weight” - friend after she got the gastric sleeve

Being obviously ignored during conversations about and invitations to play sport. - work friends

“you shouldn’t be eating that”

and many more!

Congratulations on your surgery, can I ask, have you told family and friends?

I was also sleeved on December 2nd! [emoji4] I'm so sorry people have treated you like that. Know that you are beautiful at whatever weight/size/shape.

Our bodies are ever changing. No one stays young forever and when people like to be cruel to me about my body I remind them that we're all going to get older, our skin will get wrinkled and we will look different. The most important thing is we treat our bodies well and take care of them whatever they look like as we go through life. [emoji3590]

Wishing you a fabulous recovery and lots of exciting scale and non-scale victories in the new year!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using BariatricPal mobile app