Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Nurse Crystal said:

I was never put on a pre-op diet this time other the liquid diet 1-2 days before surgery. I’m not taking much in now. Anything I eat I end up throwing up so my intake isn’t good. If I can keep a Protein Shake down a day I’m doing good. My reflux is just so bad.

Did you have the mini? Did your bariatric team prescribe you meds for reflux? I was given a 90 day supply of reflux meds during the healing stage. Are you measuring small amounts of liquid (the size of a shot glass) and just drinking that amount every 20 minutes. Start with tiny then slowly increase once you can manage 1oz every 10-15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had mine Nov 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Hhking said:

I just had mine Nov 12

10 days in, how is your recovery? What are your challenges?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, Nurse Crystal said:

I was scheduled for 11/23 but got canceled yesterday due to COVID I’m so disappointed. Hoping to get rescheduled soon. Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

that is my fear as well, I meet with the doctor in a couple of weeks and so afraid she will tell she dont know when it may happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is the day for me! I go in at 12:30 PM. I’m having the worst cold feet!! I’m scared and struggling, I want the long term help this brings, but I’m afraid I’m going to fail. I’m afraid I haven’t changed enough. Like I said, major cold feet.
I keep telling myself it’s going to go just fine and the bad days or minutes are just that and I’ll pick myself up and keep moving forward.
My problem is I’ve thought that a million times before with other lifestyle changes and they didn’t work, obviously, I’m having surgery tomorrow. A part of me thinks, I can just do this myself, so silly!! After 20 years of doing this myself here are my results! Time to suck it up and follow through. I’ve been thinking about and started 3 other times to have gastric bypass.
why the long post? Please my fellow travelers, help me be strong and follow through not just tomorrow, but all the days that follow!!! Hoping each of you are having success today wherever you are in this experience!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Tomorrow is the day for me! I go in at 12:30 PM. I’m having the worst cold feet!! I’m scared and struggling, I want the long term help this brings, but I’m afraid I’m going to fail. I’m afraid I haven’t changed enough. Like I said, major cold feet.
I keep telling myself it’s going to go just fine and the bad days or minutes are just that and I’ll pick myself up and keep moving forward.
My problem is I’ve thought that a million times before with other lifestyle changes and they didn’t work, obviously, I’m having surgery tomorrow. A part of me thinks, I can just do this myself, so silly!! After 20 years of doing this myself here are my results! Time to suck it up and follow through. I’ve been thinking about and started 3 other times to have gastric bypass.
why the long post? Please my fellow travelers, help me be strong and follow through not just tomorrow, but all the days that follow!!! Hoping each of you are having success today wherever you are in this experience!!

I'm also tomorrow! I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 830am CST. I'm nervous too... and afraid of failure. I've failed at so many other attempts at losing weight... but we can do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FireEMT710 said:

I'm also tomorrow! I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 830am CST. I'm nervous too... and afraid of failure. I've failed at so many other attempts at losing weight... but we can do it!

I’m MST. We can do this!! Thank you! See you on the other side 🤗!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I didn’t have the mini. Yes, I do sips of liquids all day but per my doctor I still have to try soft foods. I’m on several meds for reflux. My esophagus was so swollen at one point but the meds have helped with that. Some days are better then others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nurse Crystal said:

No I didn’t have the mini. Yes, I do sips of liquids all day but per my doctor I still have to try soft foods. I’m on several meds for reflux. My esophagus was so swollen at one point but the meds have helped with that. Some days are better then others.

This sounds so difficult!! I’m so impressed with your stamina and courage. Keep fighting this fight! Wish we all lived closer to each other. We could have an outside, socially distanced, mask wearing air hug😂. Oh 2020!!! Right here with you. Hoping for quick healing going forward for you. All good things are being vibed/prayed/first-star-of-the-evening wished your way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

I’m MST. We can do this!! Thank you! See you on the other side 🤗!!

Thinking of y'all! You got this 💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Tomorrow is the day for me! I go in at 12:30 PM. I’m having the worst cold feet!! I’m scared and struggling, I want the long term help this brings, but I’m afraid I’m going to fail. I’m afraid I haven’t changed enough. Like I said, major cold feet.
I keep telling myself it’s going to go just fine and the bad days or minutes are just that and I’ll pick myself up and keep moving forward.
My problem is I’ve thought that a million times before with other lifestyle changes and they didn’t work, obviously, I’m having surgery tomorrow. A part of me thinks, I can just do this myself, so silly!! After 20 years of doing this myself here are my results! Time to suck it up and follow through. I’ve been thinking about and started 3 other times to have gastric bypass.
why the long post? Please my fellow travelers, help me be strong and follow through not just tomorrow, but all the days that follow!!! Hoping each of you are having success today wherever you are in this experience!!

Laine and EMT....so excited for the two of you!! Laine, I had your exact fears and questions. You will do great!
both of you reach out when you can and tell of how you are doing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nurse Crystal said:

No I didn’t have the mini. Yes, I do sips of liquids all day but per my doctor I still have to try soft foods. I’m on several meds for reflux. My esophagus was so swollen at one point but the meds have helped with that. Some days are better then others.

Hi Crystal...what type of soft food are you trying? I had the mini bypass and the first week is liquids only, puréed food second week (and only as your body allows...sometimes it will take longer), third week soft food (again, only as your body will tolerate as it is healing) It hurts to think of putting food in my new tummy right now. I am day 4. I can imagine it would be hurting you. Try to go back to liquids...soup, popsicle, Protein Shakes (warm up the chocolate Protein Shake for hot chocolate). It sounds like your new tummy is angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

Laine and EMT....so excited for the two of you!! Laine, I had your exact fears and questions. You will do great!
both of you reach out when you can and tell of how you are doing!

Thanks! I'm so excited and nervous that I'm nauseous! Of course, that could be because of the 2 week liquid diet.... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2020 at 05:21, TrueNorth1 said:






Hi Crystal...what type of soft food are you trying? I had the mini bypass and the first week is liquids only, puréed food second week (and only as your body allows...sometimes it will take longer), third week soft food (again, only as your body will tolerate as it is healing) It hurts to think of putting food in my new tummy right now. I am day 4. I can imagine it would be hurting you. Try to go back to liquids...soup, popsicle, Protein Shakes (warm up the chocolate Protein Shake for hot chocolate). It sounds like your new tummy is angry.


I have not had surgery yet. I had the sleeve in 2013. I have a hernia and horrible reflux now so converting to a bypass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2020 at 23:55, Lanie Hardy said:



Tomorrow is the day for me! I go in at 12:30 PM. I’m having the worst cold feet!! I’m scared and struggling, I want the long term help this brings, but I’m afraid I’m going to fail. I’m afraid I haven’t changed enough. Like I said, major cold feet.

I keep telling myself it’s going to go just fine and the bad days or minutes are just that and I’ll pick myself up and keep moving forward.

My problem is I’ve thought that a million times before with other lifestyle changes and they didn’t work, obviously, I’m having surgery tomorrow. A part of me thinks, I can just do this myself, so silly!! After 20 years of doing this myself here are my results! Time to suck it up and follow through. I’ve been thinking about and started 3 other times to have gastric bypass.

why the long post? Please my fellow travelers, help me be strong and follow through not just tomorrow, but all the days that follow!!! Hoping each of you are having success today wherever you are in this experience!!


Good luck!!!! You got this🙌🙌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×