Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting! This is timely for me, b/c I just got a Renpho scale a few days ago, and it has my body fat at 28%. As I get closer to goal, I'd really like to start focusing on losing more fat and increasing muscle. Would love to be 24% which is his top end of "ideal."

Love my Renpho scale btw for anyone who is thinking of getting one! Only bad thing is that it weighs 3 lbs heavier than my old scale, so I "gained" 3lbs the day I bought it! LOL!!

My Renpho shows I’m at 24.9% body fat but I’m still 29 lbs from goal weight🤷‍♀️.

AE8B876C-30D1-4474-94ED-152890243288.jpeg

Pretty interesting. I know as you age your body fat does (and should) increase to provide reserves. We will see where I end up at age 47. I would be pretty happy to get and maintain below 30%. I guess I need one of those scales😂

1 hour ago, WishMeSmaller said:

Pretty interesting. I know as you age your body fat does (and should) increase to provide reserves. We will see where I end up at age 47. I would be pretty happy to get and maintain below 30%. I guess I need one of those scales😂

They are $23 on amazon!

59 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

They are $23 on amazon!

🤣 already ordered one🤣🤣🤣

I don’t know how accurate my at-home smart scale is (i have the Withings Body+ scale)...

Last year (and for the first couple months of this year) at 113-115 lbs, my body fat percentage was in the 12-15% range.

These days, i have been hovering around 116-118 lbs and body fat in the 18-22% range (which i assume because I have lost some muscle and gained fat due to my decline in exercise and increase in dessert/alcohol).

I don’t notice any specific health/being effects between the two states, and neither has my PCP (i probably had my labs done 3 times in the past 12 months, all of which have been lovely).

What I do notice is just aesthetic: i think I look “softer” and less fit/athletic, which I don’t particularly like, but i do like how my face and neck look less Skeletor-y.

If I can figure out a way to keep my body looking toned AND my face filled out at the same time, I’d be a happy girl!

Noticed my Renpho metric post above was from a few weeks ago. Took again this morning below. I’ve always been athletic with good muscle tone so am surprised-but not totally. I loved his video (though he’s SO good looking and charming, that it was challenging to totally concentrate😅). My dilemna is what do I pay attention to and what weight goal do I focus on? I still work out with resistance bands, light weights, floor work a few hours a week, and walk 2 miles most mornings. I’m 66 but feel 35😃, especially after WLS and carrying 50 fewer pounds around!! My surgeon and cardiologist simply focus on BMI. Since surgery I’ve gone off BP and cholesterol meds because numbers are great. I trust your video Doc Reasoning more than simple BMI. Will keep going until?....

1784D1A4-384E-4914-B62A-677EBE6EC0A6.jpeg

On 09/21/2020 at 07:01, Lily66 said:

Noticed my Renpho metric post above was from a few weeks ago. Took again this morning below. I’ve always been athletic with good muscle tone so am surprised-but not totally. I loved his video (though he’s SO good looking and charming, that it was challenging to totally concentrate😅). My dilemna is what do I pay attention to and what weight goal do I focus on? I still work out with resistance bands, light weights, floor work a few hours a week, and walk 2 miles most mornings. I’m 66 but feel 35😃, especially after WLS and carrying 50 fewer pounds around!! My surgeon and cardiologist simply focus on BMI. Since surgery I’ve gone off BP and cholesterol meds because numbers are great. I trust your video Doc Reasoning more than simple BMI. Will keep going until?....

The body fat % on home scales aren’t 100% accurate. They are much better to use as to judge which direction your body fat is going vs. what the exact % is.

If you believe your body type is unique enough to make BMI less valid, then I’d suggest a Dexa scan. They sometimes have good deals on Groupon.

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

The body fat % on home scales aren’t 100% accurate. They are much better to use as to judge which direction your body fat is going vs. what the exact % is.

If you believe your body type is unique enough to make BMI less valid, then I’d suggest a Dexa scan. They sometimes have good deals on Groupon.

👍I’ll continue monitoring that trends are in the right direction, as you say, and will decide “where healthy without feeling deprived” is. I’ve had my doubts that these scales are 100% accurate, yet they are general indicators and added intel to a basic BMI chart, I suppose. At age 66, good health, much more so than aesthetics, is my primary goal. For to my mind, HEALTHY IS beautiful.🌟

1 hour ago, Lily66 said:

Until YOU are comfortable 😍

55 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I still haven't had the chance to get one 😭

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Well girlfriend, YOU DESERVE ONE!😍

17 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I have a second scan yet to do. I did my first pre plastics. I was planning on doing the second after my swelling resolved. But that may never happen 😭