Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Soft Food Stage - don't feel after a meal

I have just started the Soft food stage and every time I eat a meal, about an hour later I feel lethargic and kind of yucky. Not really sick but not good. Right in the middle. For example this morning for Breakfast I had 1 egg fried with pam, and 1/2 an avocado. It went down no problem, but about an hour later I feel like I could curl up and sleep. Just a touch of yucky feeling but not really sick. I hope i'm explaining this right? Is this dumping syndrome? and what could be causing it? I haven't overate, nothing high fat or surgery.

Hmmm. I am new to all of this, but I wonder, have you tried hot tea when you feel like this? I get that same sensation as well, although I am only in the pureed food stage. I have found that hot black tea seems to help. I think that maybe I need to be very conscious and intentional about drinking some Fluid a half hour to a an hour after I eat. I don't know why I feel like it is somehow related, but I do know tea works for me.

1 minute ago, drawingdami said:

Hmmm. I am new to all of this, but I wonder, have you tried hot tea when you feel like this? I get that same sensation as well, although I am only in the pureed food stage. I have found that hot black tea seems to help. I think that maybe I need to be very conscious and intentional about drinking some Fluid a half hour to a an hour after I eat. I don't know why I feel like it is somehow related, but I do know tea works for me.

Thank you for this suggestion. I will give it a try. I love tea.

I don't know if it is dumping syndrome. But I felt the same way about a 1/2 hour after eating. Extremely tired. I would lie down for a 1/2 hour and it would go away.

thank you for the suggestion. It's just good know that I'm not the only one going through this.

I am 2 months out and have had this feeling since surgery. It is not as noticeable as it was at the beginning but I had the issue yesterday. It is the most noticeable when I add a new food. My stomach still prefers puréed and soft foods. I am taking it easy since I have had some vomiting, scrambled eggs don’t like me anymore.

I am sure that each person has different experiences but laying down after eating does help me.

2 minutes ago, KarmaNina said:

I am 2 months out and have had this feeling since surgery. It is not as noticeable as it was at the beginning but I had the issue yesterday. It is the most noticeable when I add a new food. My stomach still prefers puréed and soft foods. I am taking it easy since I have had some vomiting, scrambled eggs don’t like me anymore.

I am sure that each person has different experiences but laying down after eating does help me.

That's exactly what I was thinking.....that new foods/textures is a shock to the stomach. I'm sure it will pass as i move towards solids and my stomach becomes accustomed to the foods.

It is dumping.

Try taking away the avocado for now and see how you feel