Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I DID IT !

I DID IT !

I hit MY weight goal. NOT my surgeon's goal 10 years ago when I started this advent....that was to weigh145 pounds. Then he agreed that having started at 320, (and then 5'3" ) that a more logical goal would be in the area of 160 to 170. The lowest I ever got was 175. And I did not maintain that for even a moment. The the next 8 years of losing my only sibling to the Flu at the age of 49 (please get your flu shot) and then my surviving parent a few years later... personal illness and drama.... and creeping weight gain....

14 months ago at 220 pounds and 63 years old I got my act back together.

I went back to eating Protein - first and foremost - protein, healthy vegetables and fruit, and a smattering of healthy whole grain carbs and healthy fats.

I ate mindfully - and intentionally to fuel my mind and body.

I ate a treat daily

I slowly changed HOW I eat, what I eat, and when I eat it.

I did not announce it, I did not talk about it. I just did it.

I lost 45 pounds in the past 14 months. Not fast weight loss, but steady

And I may decide to lose a bit more. Or not.

Thank you for being my sounding board. Thank you for being here for support.

Today I am thankful for my sleeve, for saggy baggy hanging skin and not caring. And for being healthy !

Congratulations! Amazing accomplishment.

20 hours ago, BriarRose said:

I DID IT !

I hit MY weight goal. NOT my surgeon's goal 10 years ago when I started this advent....that was to weigh145 pounds. Then he agreed that having started at 320, (and then 5'3" ) that a more logical goal would be in the area of 160 to 170. The lowest I ever got was 175. And I did not maintain that for even a moment. The the next 8 years of losing my only sibling to the Flu at the age of 49 (please get your flu shot) and then my surviving parent a few years later... personal illness and drama.... and creeping weight gain....

14 months ago at 220 pounds and 63 years old I got my act back together.

I went back to eating Protein - first and foremost - Protein, healthy vegetables and fruit, and a smattering of healthy whole grain carbs and healthy fats.

I ate mindfully - and intentionally to fuel my mind and body.

I ate a treat daily

I slowly changed HOW I eat, what I eat, and when I eat it.

I did not announce it, I did not talk about it. I just did it.

I lost 45 pounds in the past 14 months. Not fast weight loss, but steady

And I may decide to lose a bit more. Or not.

Thank you for being my sounding board. Thank you for being here for support.

Today I am thankful for my sleeve, for saggy baggy hanging skin and not caring. And for being healthy !

Congrats! I look forward to meeting my goal of BMI 20 or less.

Decided a couple months back to try to drop a few more pounds. My weight had been fairly stable, between 172 and 175 for the last two years. As you can tell, I take my time, and after losing a couple pounds, I take a break and just maintain that weight loss. Losing the weight isn't the issue for me, but maintaining is. My weight is now between 168 and 170. Maybe not a huge difference; but for me.... I do not remember being in the 160's since college.... and that was like 1977..... so now at 66 years old, and a dozen years post VSG; I am down over 150 pounds from my highest weight. Age does do odd stuff to the body. But still working 40 hours a week, gardening, have my hens and fruit trees and vegetable gardens.... Of course, I can't recall how to update my ticker..... will research some. Updated !!!

Edited by BriarRose

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app